(Topic ID: 129645)

Ultimate KISS Pinball Release Party & Concert - 6/28/15 (HD Pics Added)

By Jared

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Good event idea?”

• YES! I like the idea and I will attend if you do it! 10 votes
    12%
  • YES! I like the idea but I cannot make it due to location. 46 votes
    57%
  • NO. Not a cool idea. 20 votes
    25%
  • Maybe. Depends. 5 votes
    6%

(81 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
DSC_9391.jpg
DSC_9376.jpg
DSC_9367.jpg
DSC_9361.jpg
DSC_9369.jpg
DSC_9568.jpg
DSC_9566.jpg
DSC_9700.jpg
DSC_9622.jpg
DSC_9575.jpg
DSC_9502.jpg
DSC_9499.jpg
DSC_9512.jpg
DSC_9515.jpg
DSC_9529.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider keithm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 8 years ago

This party sounds awesome, though I've been a Kiss fan since the 70s and recently working through my new pinball obsession--I'm an easy target. If I were handling marketing for this myself I'd put most of my energies into getting KISS fans to the event over pinball ones. This is sort of backed up by many of the comments expressing interest in the pin, but not so much in the band.

The other issue is which city is really the best one to launch a party like this? Granted, Kiss is global, but does this location in Texas have the fanbase? Anyone who has worshiped the band long enough knows Detroit is their "hometown" (Alive I was recorded there, they launched their reunion tour in 1996 there, "Detroit Rock City", etc.) But the real issue is why ONE location--aside from the valid reasons mentioned in your original post? Sounds like it's beyond your control, but this should be an event hitting several major cities, with all the local and social media getting behind it.

Hell, the band should kick in a bit of time themselves. They self-financed their convention tour years back, carting themselves and trucks of memorabilia to a couple dozen venues, doing autographs, Q&A and concerts. Yeah, probably overreaching for a pinball machine, but I've seen Paul and Gene show up to an event where some dude made a huge KISS aquarium, so...

Man, event planning is a headache!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider keithm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-most-epic-pinball-release-ever-kiss-concert-62815?tu=keithm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.