(Topic ID: 129645)

Ultimate KISS Pinball Release Party & Concert - 6/28/15 (HD Pics Added)

By Jared

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Good event idea?”

• YES! I like the idea and I will attend if you do it! 10 votes
    12%
  • YES! I like the idea but I cannot make it due to location. 46 votes
    57%
  • NO. Not a cool idea. 20 votes
    25%
  • Maybe. Depends. 5 votes
    6%

(81 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
DSC_9391.jpg
DSC_9376.jpg
DSC_9367.jpg
DSC_9361.jpg
DSC_9369.jpg
DSC_9568.jpg
DSC_9566.jpg
DSC_9700.jpg
DSC_9622.jpg
DSC_9575.jpg
DSC_9502.jpg
DSC_9499.jpg
DSC_9512.jpg
DSC_9515.jpg
DSC_9529.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

kiss launch party.jpgkiss launch party.jpg

Been thinking a lot about how I can take pinball to the next level and break out of the shell of the normal collectors and home owners who frequent pinball related events. With the recent release of KISS there is a extended network of KISS ARMY members and metal-heads who could be interested in an event that was assembled correctly. So I began to work.

Step one was finding a venue. One of my clients, the Silver Saloon in Terrell Texas is actually an incredible dance-hall, club and restaurant. Their lighting and sound system is amazing. They have a 2500 person capacity. They do events every Friday and Saturday, but never on a Sunday. So, I was able to negotiate to get the venue FOR FREE on a Sunday.

_A0A5339.jpg_A0A5339.jpg_A0A5582.jpg_A0A5582.jpg_A0A5522.jpg_A0A5522.jpg

Next up was to get machines. I reached out to Steve Nordseth of FUN! Billiards and Pinball, the local STERN retailer and biggest seller of machines in the area. He committed to bringing an entire lineup of new Stern Games to the event, including the new KISS machine. We plan to have 3 of that title.

Then I had to get on other activities. So found some professional face painters (bonded and insured) who could do peoples faces in KISS character style. Looked into a professional magician, a lip sync contest, costume contest, etc. All of that is still on the table but I have people lined up.

Finally, I wanted to find the ultimate KISS tribute band. I reached out to "Texas KISS-Destroyer" who is well regarded, and has been used many times by Gene Simmons and KISS themselves. They have played on the KISS-Kruise and done commercial appearances all over as KISS. They are accomplished musicians and play the character all the way down to the fire and blood. Their fee is nominal, but its a couple of grand. For this reason I would have to charge a cover to break even. http://www.thekisstribute.com/

SO THE idea then is to have this epic event on Sunday, June 28th. All ages, anyone can come. Non smoking event (patio attached). Its super cold, climate controlled for up to 2500 people... so we will not get hot. Machines will never be warm. Plenty of room to setup and play. Plus they have an awesome BBQ restaurant they would open up for the event as well as 2 of their bars so adults could have a beverage...

My end game here is that the event:

- Is A LOT more fun than a standard pinball release party
- Exposes MORE people to pinball than a standard pinball release party
- Creates a fun and festive atmosphere to celebrate the launch of KISS pinball in a memorable way
- Break even on costs and not be out of pocket for the entertainment

Anyways... I have everything arranged. Venue, Machines, Bar, Band... all I have to do is say "its on" but I need to really grasp how much interest there is in such an idea. So, I am seeking feedback from you guys before I roll out a major marketing campaign. Thanks again! -Jared

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

That's a lot to accomplish in a few weeks.

I have a unique set of skills. You in?

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I want to play KISS. Would love to see a launch party local. But not interested in fighting through a concert and crowd to play it. Mark it zero, Smokey.
But Oradat is totally in.

Here is a local event with no crowd. https://www.facebook.com/events/1580818932178266/

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Should have done it in Chicago. Would have been huge. Maybe next time?

Maybe next time.

#15 8 years ago

Nothing to stop any of you guys in Chicago from coming up with an identical idea and executing.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

This is gonna be epic...

*potentially lol

If I book the band I am obligated to pay them: no matter how many show up.

This is why I am attempting to gauge interest.

I am a big believer in "if build it and have it ready to ship, they will come" lol...

#25 8 years ago

*****I think it's a cool idea. But it's not for people on Pinside. We want to go and play the pins, and hear them, not fight through a crowd and have the game sound drowned out by some band.
You gotta pick your audience. If you're doing this to try and attract new people then just do it.*****

Which is why I designed a 4 hour free-play period before the concert starts... Nothing is going to get drowned out.

*****No offense, but the rest of us aren't being paid to promote some other company's game.*****

No offense, but I have done many launch parties to promote Stern game releases long before I worked for them. StarTrek, Mustang, TWD and WWE... I did parties for all of them... because I like doing parties.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I am not so sure that you are getting the KISS Army out in hordes for a cover band and 3 pinball machines, to a honky tonk in Terrell, Texas. That is Hicksville, USA.

Its hard.

Renting a musical venue this size and quality would be $4-$6,000 in Dallas.

If I do it here: it's free. That makes it possible.

No way I could come up with a way to fund a $8,000 pinball party and concert. Too much risk... And if I win... The prize is I don't lose any money. lol

This is the exact reason you don't see people doing parties like this all across the nation.

Quite a bit of work and financial risk.

#51 8 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Jared, Why are you out touting a concert when in fact you have not funded this ? Seems backwards to me. You need to pony up and pull in the people. The logic on this puts you in another position where you are going to seriously damage your reputation. People are already questioning this; and joking. When it again does not meet expectations it will again piss collectors off. Please don't take this wrong; but if I was your employer, namely Stern I would have some tough questions for you behind closed doors.

Seems like you didn't read my original post.

I'm not "touting" anything. There is no flyer, no event page, no ticket link. No money has changed hands.

As I stated in the original post, sir, this is an IDEA which I have worked on all the way up to the point now where I either "go for it: or not". I get to decide.. It's all on me. My call. And my risk...

My motivation and intention for creating this thread was to gauge feedback and interest to help me predict if going forward with the idea has a decent probability of panning out. Thanks.

No tough questions needed. <3

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Wait, so are YOU holding a party to kick off the release of KISS or is STERN holding a party to kick off the release of KISS? If YOU are actually throwing this party then good for you. If STERN is throwing this party then why aren't they paying for it?
Dave

This would be me throwing the party.

As you know, Stern does not send out checks to help the many launch parties around the nation, even the epic ones.

The idea to do this is my own, and the risk to go through with it is my own to decide to take. If I pull the trigger, I will of course have support from Stern, but only as much as any launch party organizer would get.

Sterns KISS launch is being hosted at Logan Arcade in Chicago on the 19th.

I could host the launch party in Mesquite on the 19th at FUN! Billiards and arcade for free at 0 financial risk, but it wouldn't be "epic" and would not have a awesome live cover band, stage, lasers etc. Nor would that event be able to attract in people from outside the pinball world.

A lot of times in life, you just gotta go with your gut. I'm really 50/50 here and I started this thread to see if the interest and excitement was there before I pony up and or invest time.

#56 8 years ago

I do not intend to include "epic" in this event title, but I do like "ultimate".

Still, I could just as well do the normal release party at FUN!, attract 60-100 people and it still be awesome...

But this might be my only chance to incorporate cover band + pinball release party same time. Sounds so rad in my head.

I wish it could be on a Saturday, but again, free venue. haha.

I need to make the decision by tomorrow.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Do it.
And then promote the crap out of it on Facebook, Kiss forums, etc as much as you can over the coming weeks. To get the exposure it needs to get the crowds there. Presale tickets if possible.
However, Have full understanding though that this is your decision to do if got my forward. Meaning do not send emails, Facebook posts a day after the event stating how it was over budget and you are asking for donations days following the event. This is what has happened twice in the past and rubbed people the wrong way.

Imagine how it makes me feel to lose money on an event I put on with the best of intentions to entertain others and then am solely responsible for financially covering the deficit? The risk of this situation happening alone is enough to make most people balk at the attempt to put it on.

I wish I had some sort of insurance against this, LOL.

I think one option would be to bring on a sponsor for the event. This would greatly reduce the minimum needed and nearly eliminate the possibility of that situation happening. I'm pretty confident that the event can happen and fund itself. Having the venue for free certainly makes this very doable.

Are you with me Craig?

#60 8 years ago

The bottom line is you don't have the funds; Get the capacity and the money; then pull out all stops for a party. You are doing it backwards.

So let's say I announce the party later and this is a go... I assume all the risk, pay the deposits, make it happen...

Are you going to attend?

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I know this is taken a little out of context, but it seems like you're doing a promotion event for Stern and Kiss and have the financial support of neither.

No launch party organizer gets financial support from either. No one forces anyone to go extra deluxe on a party, that's up to the organizer.

I just think it will be a blast. My goal is to put on a memorable, unique and fun event without losing money. lol

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I like the band Kiss...I like Stern's Kiss pinball....I like BBQ. I don't want some loud ass band playing Kiss tunes while I am playing a Kiss pinball. I don't mind eating BBQ and playing pinball and socializing. If FUN!'s facilities are outgrown for a launch party then a slightly bigger location at a small banquet room in a Hotel would be a nice touch. A nominal fee of 10 dollars per person would suffice to cover the banquet room fee. You would need to have 4 of each title that is currently in production. At least 20 pins from Stern. The banquet room should be the size of 1/4th or 1/5th of TPF. Think 200-300 person wedding size. have a few neat things but nothing off the rocker like a loud ass band. Face painting would be cool for the kids. I don't find this to be a good idea Jared nor do I find it to be a bad idea. I am kinda *meh* / *shrug* at this.

I do not know if you read the other comments but....

There would be at least 4 hours of "band free" pinball play time BEFORE the concert. In fact, we may extend that to 6...

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, you need a sponsor. Get a radio station, or liquor, or cigar, or energy drink company to partner up with you. Should be no problem as you have a reputation in that area. Sounds like fun!

I think I can pull it off. I have contacts I can use for sure. PBR would be down to sponsor, but if I did that, the event would have to be 21+ and I really want this to be an all ages event So they are out, haha. I can figure it out. Russell Bergman is counting on it.

#85 8 years ago

Ok, about to pull the trigger on my next self produced event! I hope that you all consider coming out and being a part of the family friendly fun! The event will be a KISS Pinball Party and Concert at the Silver Saloon in Terrell Texas. You will be able to play both the 2015 KISS Pinball Machine and the 1979 Bally KISS Pinball Machine, amongst many others that will be there all on free play. There will be free face-painting for kids, contests games and prizes. BBQ Restaurant built into the venue will be open as well as a full bar for the adults. Will be a non smoking event. Pool tables, punching machines, a large lineup of free-play pinball and more to be added.

Cover will be $5 per person if you buy online, or $10 if you do it at the door. If you are a pinball machine owner and want to bring a game to the event, I will have a special incentive package for you to reward you that includes multiple free entries and BBQ food tickets.

Music will be provided by the best KISS Cover Band in Texas - Texas KISS-Destroyer. Their concert will begin at 6pm, but the doors will up 4-6 hours before that so you can enjoy hours of pinball and games without a concert blasting your ears.
grin emoticon

It's going to be really, really fun. I will also be making arrangements with the nearby hotel for special rates, and likely organizing a Saturday Night pinball event for everyone coming in from out-of-town as well.

The event will be Sunday, June 28th.
grin emoticon

I am about to make the final phone calls and get the papers sent! Keep a lookout for the official flyer and event page. Official event name to be "Ultimate KISS Pinball Party & Concert".

If you are interested in sponsoring this event please reach out to me, thank you!.

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Put Vanilla Ice in the mix to give out some HGTV pointers and it would be the most epic ever

lol.. He costs $15,000. No thanks. lol. But I am hanging out with him in July at an event.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

15k? I'd pass too

Well... ive spent it before. lol. Sounds crazy (I know) but it was actually worth it and totally awesome. Dunno if I would ever do it again... but I have done it. lol. A memorable night to say the least.

#95 8 years ago

Ultimate KISS Pinball Release Party & Concert
Presented by FUN! Billiards and Gameroom Superstore & Stern Pinball
Silver Saloon - 1708 TX-34, Terrell, TX 75160
Sunday, June 28th 2015
2pm to 8pm - Concert at 6pm
ALL AGES EVENT - FAMILY FRIENDLY - NO SMOKING

BUY TICKETS HERE: http://tilt.tc/W4v7

PINBALL OWNERS - BRING A MACHINE AND GET IN FREE + 1 + Dinner for 2! Email [email protected] to RSVP a machine.

Shout it out loud, because the Ultimate KISS Pinball Release Party & Concert is here! To celebrate the release of Stern Pinball's all new KISS Pinball Machine, we are hosting the ULTIMATE party! Enjoy free play on dozens of pinball machines including the new 2015 KISS and the original 1979 Bally KISS. There will be 4 hours of unrestricted FREE PLAY on all machines starting at 2pm.

There will also be great contests like the lip sync contest, costume contest and mini kiss pinball tournament. There will be a free KISS face-painting station for the kids.

The Silver Saloon is a huge concert and event venue in Terrell Texas, featuring state of the art light, sound and amenities. Ample room, commercial strength air conditioning and beautiful decorations make this venue a memorable destination! A full service BBQ restaurant will be open during the entire event with special for attendees. Full service bar will also be open for adults in attendance.

The concert will be provided by famous KISS cover band "TEXAS-KISS DESTROYER" which has been featured by KISS themselves for various events and the unique KISS KRUISE which was a event on an actual ocean ship! Expect everything you love about KISS circa 1976-1982 packed into an amazing concert!

To keep this event as affordable as possible we are thrilled to offer extremely cheap tickets, only $5 per person if you buy here on TILT in advance! The cost is the same for ANYONE above the age of 5. If you wait until the day of the event, tickets will be $12 at the door. So save money and buy here!

With each ticket purchase, your name will be added to our list + however many your purchase. Please enter together. There will be no physical tickets. There will also be no refunds or transfers. If a person buys 4 tickets, that person plus his 3 will all need to enter together.

In the coming weeks we will be announcing more features, a pinball game lineup an some other cool features! We need you to help us make this a great event, so please invite your friends and family! Thank you!

PURCHASE TICKETS: http://tilt.tc/W4v7

#96 8 years ago

Tickets already selling! Hotel info coming!!!

#99 8 years ago

Jared, All the best on this one.

Thanks again. I will give it my best effort, and cross my fingers it works. I'm pretty resourceful.

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from stainedundies:

How far away from FUN! Is this venue? Might be cool to do a double whammy type thing. Two tourneys, all that jazz!!!

The silver saloon is approximately 35 minutes from fun in Mesquite.

#105 8 years ago

Just wrapped up the promo flyer.

kiss launch party.jpgkiss launch party.jpg

#107 8 years ago

Man, digging up KISS fans in the DFW is a challenge. Heh. I will figure it out.

#108 8 years ago

40 tickets sold so far... been about 21 hours since campaign launch and I have not hit any of the big guns yet.

#109 8 years ago

Just got word that a pinsider from MLPS is considering flying down... thats pretty exciting! National draw! haha.

#112 8 years ago

Umm this time I am going for "Ultimate" lol. Not quite epic. Not unless I got the real KISS to show up.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That be me Jared. and actually I'm from St Paul. You rep as "THE" party and promoting guy is partly the reason I'm headin down. If your puttin it on I'm there.

Wow, now I have to make double sure that it does not suck! HA!

I would love to add a Motley Crue cover band or GNR... if only I had budget!

#117 8 years ago

Radio ads begin next week.

Also the venue has its own local following that will likely pay cash at the door.

I also do marketing for the venue, and I've seen events where we presold 45 tickets and 1400 showed up when the doors opened. People are weird.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Jared, just bought my event tickets.

Thank you so much. Every bit helps.

To break even on the bands costs I need to pre-sale 400 tickets. I am not sweating quite yet. lol.

You gotta take risks in life to make cool stuff happen.

#124 8 years ago

Radio Advertisements have now begun. This will drive a lot of "at the door" traffic on the day of the event. Shame, those people will pay $12 instead of $5 like you all, but that's OK. You early adopters deserve to save money.

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

No it's not. Make some $$$.

Would be nice, but my goal is just to brake even. Truly. Looking like I wont know until the day of the event, lol. A real nail-biter.

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

DirectTV installer that came out on Saturday saw my KISS Pinball and without asking said "hey I heard about a kiss pinball party and concert on the radio". He said he heard the commercial on 105.3 The Fan. He looked like a rocker so I asked him if he was going. Hey said "heck yeah!"

Outstanding. I anticipate a big crowd coming "at the door". Good. I have heard similar feedback from many.

#130 8 years ago

Ok, so here is what I have accomplished now.

Radio Ad's are going strong. DFW Market
105.3 & 99.5 FM

Flyer and Event also now added to the Silver Saloon website, and getting posts event 72 hours with link to 16,000 on their page until the event in 13 days.

Event also added to "Stub Hub" which will sell tickets though the Saloon website and be promoted online. Their site is a hub for people looking for shows and events and will be easier for outsiders to deal with than TILT.

The band has yet to begin co-promoting on their pages, and I am still working on a promotional video.

Again: my goal here is to break event on the bands cost of $2500.

Effort continues.

#131 8 years ago

We made the official flyer.

Ya know: because it's official.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

400 x $5 = $2000

You're either really bad at math...or the band raised their fee?

The fee has always been $2500. I'm working on reducing it to make the event more feasible, but I'm pretty confident that all the marketing is going to drive a lot of traffic to the door.

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

You will have 1000 at the door. It's Kiss Army.
Did you get Stern trophies and translates to give away?

Yes, that will all come.. Plus some other neat stuff.

I am confident in the KISS Army.

#136 8 years ago

Anyone willing to bring a CENTAUR?

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Schedule adjusted. I'm coming for the afternoon and bringing some of my boys. It's 2.5 hours from my house but I think worth the drive for some fun.

Thanks!!!

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Jared, Can you take lots of video footage of this event. So wish I could be there!

Yep! I will do my best!!!!

I wish I had budget for my normal video guy, but I'm cutting it close with this one.

#145 8 years ago

Venue upgraded the stage lighting and fog systems tonight in preparation for the concert on Sunday. Going all out. I really appreciate them supporting me and this event. Check the video!

https://www.facebook.com/jguynes/videos/10153462512099516/

#147 8 years ago

Just got this photo from the print shot, our new 7 foot tall x 3 feet wide banners. These will flank either side of the stage. Pretty cool stuff for sure.

PART_1435339685961_Image1435339685936.jpgPART_1435339685961_Image1435339685936.jpg

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Best of luck again Jared! Sending positive vibes your way.

I appreciate it. I am very excited.

We will have 2 huge projector screens showing vintage KISS concerts during the arcade time 2pm-6pm.

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

The title says "ultimate" instead of "Epic". Does that mean this party will be less fun and entertaining then the previous "Epic" parties?

Actually: yes. Quite so.

My budget for this event is $2500 + Face Painter

Budget for Epic Party 1 was over $100,000

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

If only you would have booked Kiss and Mini Kiss...
image.jpg

Next time I'll step up to the big leagues.

#156 8 years ago

Began load in and initial setup at the venue today. So exciting!!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

#162 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Gotcha, so if you post an "Epic" party it is a huge venue with real celebrities and popular name brand bands. If you post "Ultimate" party it is a small venue with a few pins and a tribute band. Good to know. I'd like to see one of the "Epic" parties.

More or less. I choose the word "ultimate" because I am confident this will be the nations premiere KISS launch party. Maybe it won't, but that's what I'm shooting for.

Epic Party 2 (will) happen, but most of my extra attention goes to my new daughter for now. Once she's a little older and less 24/7 I'll work on the next epic party.

#165 8 years ago

Getting started.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg

image_6.jpgimage_6.jpg

image_7.jpgimage_7.jpg

#166 8 years ago

The party continues!!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg

image_6.jpgimage_6.jpg

image_7.jpgimage_7.jpg

#173 8 years ago

Band is seriously good. 9.5/10 easily!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#176 8 years ago

The epic finale.

https://www.facebook.com/jguynes/videos/10153469678789516/

Professional photos will be up later this evening, video will be up within 7-14 days.

#181 8 years ago

Very awesome to see so much support from the members of pin-side at the party. There were numerous members in attendance including a couple from out of state. I really appreciate that more than I can convey.

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from bsnelson:

The event was awesome. Jared, you did a great job putting this together! We got to play the KISS pins quite a bit, and while I'm certainly not near the pro (nor critic) that a lot of folks here are, I thought the dots and overall state of play on the software was pretty solid. They were running 0.95, and aside from some places where the videos looked a little like they were in fast forward, it looked good. The playfield is rich in "things to do" that aren't just ramp after ramp, and the artwork... holy crap, what I wouldn't do to have one of these machines.
Major kudos to the ones that brought the other machines as well; we played everything there at least once. I really enjoyed the Sega Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - it had good gameplay, I thought. I enjoyed the Capt. Card, although it was unlevel, making it even harder to get points.
The band was really very good! The Gene character, in particular, did a fantastic job of mimicking Gene's mannerisms, singing style, posture, EVERYTHING, but they were all pretty good. The setlist has almost all of the classic hits, and some deep stuff, too, including some Ace Frehley solo stuff (Snow Blind, an awesome tune). There were a lot of callouts to the KISS Alive albums in singing style, intros etc. These guys have really done their homework. I'd totally go see them again. And remember, they only have two less original members than the real band does now.
Thank you again, Jared, for having this event! We had a blast!
Brad

Awesome review of the event, makes me proud. I truly appreciate it.

#184 8 years ago

Some of the pics I have processed so far.

DSC_9621.jpgDSC_9621.jpg

DSC_9623.jpgDSC_9623.jpg

DSC_9589.jpgDSC_9589.jpg

DSC_9660.jpgDSC_9660.jpg

DSC_9711.jpgDSC_9711.jpg

#185 8 years ago

A few more. Rest in the morning.

DSC_9444.jpgDSC_9444.jpg

DSC_9438.jpgDSC_9438.jpg

DSC_9483.jpgDSC_9483.jpg

DSC_9425.jpgDSC_9425.jpg

DSC_9404.jpgDSC_9404.jpg

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

How many people showed up?

I don't have exact counts of adults and kids, but based on ticket sales between 130 and 165. I think there was about 80-100 physically in there. I was counting on a crowd of 400+.

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I know it get old to hear it over and over, but this was seriously fun!
Thanks again to everyone that brought games or helped make this possible. I know FUN brought games, Marcus brought games, Craig brought his brand new Kiss pro. This was seriously generous of all of you.

It does not get old, it's very rewarding for me to read positive feedback, especially in comparison to some hard criticism some other efforts took last week in the "Pinballers" thread.

I brought my World Cup, Marcus brought Captain Card, Craig brought KISS and Steve from FUN brought the rest. Another gentlemen brought the 60/1 PacMan.

A lot of people supported this idea. I am very grateful.

#193 8 years ago

Here are the rest of the photos I took.

DSC_9563.jpgDSC_9563.jpg

DSC_9536.jpgDSC_9536.jpg

DSC_9553.jpgDSC_9553.jpg

DSC_9529.jpgDSC_9529.jpg

DSC_9515.jpgDSC_9515.jpg

DSC_9512.jpgDSC_9512.jpg

DSC_9499.jpgDSC_9499.jpg

DSC_9502.jpgDSC_9502.jpg

#194 8 years ago

DSC_9566.jpgDSC_9566.jpgDSC_9568.jpgDSC_9568.jpgDSC_9575.jpgDSC_9575.jpgDSC_9622.jpgDSC_9622.jpgDSC_9700.jpgDSC_9700.jpg

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

New York/New Jersey

Whats stopping you? Go for it.

#197 8 years ago

Several Pinside members here, Kim Keist, Ed VanderVeen, Rusty & Shelly Nunnelee

DSC_9369.jpgDSC_9369.jpg

DSC_9361.jpgDSC_9361.jpg

DSC_9367.jpgDSC_9367.jpg

DSC_9376.jpgDSC_9376.jpg

DSC_9391.jpgDSC_9391.jpg

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Not my field....but I know we have numbers here...

If you believe... you can achieve! I am not ready to take my show on the road. lol. The further you get away from a home base, the harder and more expensive it is.

I would rather roll out a "how to guide" for motivated regional event organizers to utilize so they can do events of their own.

The launch party in Oakland yesterday as amazing too, they did a really good job.

#204 8 years ago

Jared,Looked like an awesome event, hopefully you didn't lose any money as these things can be a big risk. The North East has a great Kiss following, but even then, I have been to many conventions and cover band concerts where it was only me and A few guys trash talking Gene.....

I appreciate the kind comments. I am proud of the party and know that the people who did come had a fantastic time. I do not think I would do anything different, other than possibly promoting a few more weeks in advance. The band exceeded everyone's expectations, including my own.

Sadly. I did lose big on the event, I was only able to raise 40% of what I needed to cover event costs with ticket sales. The venue also reported a loss, as they had quite a bit of staff there for 8+ hours for my event. They lost more than I did actually. The venue is a lot more OK with it than I am, the owner shrugged and said "oh well, you win some you lose some". lol. Well, for me, I cant afford to take a big loss on an unnecessary event, no-one was giving me a bonus for doing it. Yes, I could have made profit on the event IF we had 400+ people show up, but I did not create the event with the intention of profit: I only wanted to break even.

All the same, as we discussed back on page 1-2, we discussed me fronting the money and taking the risk, which sort of goes against my crowd-funding methods, but I felt it needed to show the pinball community I was serious about this idea.

I was able to trade the band a new website and some graphic services towards the bill, which helped a lot. The remainder was manageable, and I just took care of it and said "that's what you get for taking the risk".

It wont stop me from doing it again. I believe in what I do.

I just need to get a little better at the "not losing money to put on events for other people to enjoy part", lol. I will be OK.

#207 8 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

Thanks for throwing an awesome KISS launch party, Jared! Sorry it didn't meet attendance expectations, but it looks like an amazing time for everybody that was there, and a cool event to help promote the hobby.
I'd throw $30 your way to help pay for your next event, even if I can't be there ( and this one too if you pm me your paypal ).
You do innovative stuff and bring some new excitement to pinball, and I'd be more than happy to help your efforts.

That is really kind of you but the responsibility is no one else's but my own. I alone decided to take this risk on myself and I alone am responsible for the results.

This will not stop me from pushing forward with more creative ideas and interactive events that integrate pinball.

When I look back over these photographs I can't help but be very proud of what was accomplished, no matter the cost.

Thank you for the kind offer.

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Having it on a Sunday might have kept people from going. Even if I was local, I couldn't do a Sunday night event.

I totally understand.

That venue has 1700-2300 people every Friday night and 700-1200 every Saturday. I can't compete with that without offering an up front guarantee: another risk.

Sunday eliminated the venue rental fee.

#215 8 years ago

Have you thought about selling the two large signs to recoup some of the money?

Yes, but since I didn't pay for them they are not mine to sell. I've had many offers, but the print file is on strict lockdown per HQ and these are the only two that I know that exist at this time.

They will be returning to the area distributor for his showroom.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-most-epic-pinball-release-ever-kiss-concert-62815?tu=jared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.