(Topic ID: 129645)

Ultimate KISS Pinball Release Party & Concert - 6/28/15 (HD Pics Added)

By Jared

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Good event idea?”

• YES! I like the idea and I will attend if you do it! 10 votes
    12%
  • YES! I like the idea but I cannot make it due to location. 46 votes
    57%
  • NO. Not a cool idea. 20 votes
    25%
  • Maybe. Depends. 5 votes
    6%

(81 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
DSC_9391.jpg
DSC_9376.jpg
DSC_9367.jpg
DSC_9361.jpg
DSC_9369.jpg
DSC_9568.jpg
DSC_9566.jpg
DSC_9700.jpg
DSC_9622.jpg
DSC_9575.jpg
DSC_9502.jpg
DSC_9499.jpg
DSC_9512.jpg
DSC_9515.jpg
DSC_9529.jpg
There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 8 years ago

Congrats on your event... Certainly was a great idea - I applaud anyone who DOES something in the hobby - the negativity usually comes from those who sit on their asses - shake it off ! Good job promoting pinball Jared.

#202 8 years ago

Good show . good times cool people.

I thought the band was pretty good

--Jeff

#203 8 years ago

Jared,Looked like an awesome event, hopefully you didn't lose any money as these things can be a big risk. The North East has a great Kiss following, but even then, I have been to many conventions and cover band concerts where it was only me and A few guys trash talking Gene.....

#204 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Jared,Looked like an awesome event, hopefully you didn't lose any money as these things can be a big risk. The North East has a great Kiss following, but even then, I have been to many conventions and cover band concerts where it was only me and A few guys trash talking Gene.....

I appreciate the kind comments. I am proud of the party and know that the people who did come had a fantastic time. I do not think I would do anything different, other than possibly promoting a few more weeks in advance. The band exceeded everyone's expectations, including my own.

Sadly. I did lose big on the event, I was only able to raise 40% of what I needed to cover event costs with ticket sales. The venue also reported a loss, as they had quite a bit of staff there for 8+ hours for my event. They lost more than I did actually. The venue is a lot more OK with it than I am, the owner shrugged and said "oh well, you win some you lose some". lol. Well, for me, I cant afford to take a big loss on an unnecessary event, no-one was giving me a bonus for doing it. Yes, I could have made profit on the event IF we had 400+ people show up, but I did not create the event with the intention of profit: I only wanted to break even.

All the same, as we discussed back on page 1-2, we discussed me fronting the money and taking the risk, which sort of goes against my crowd-funding methods, but I felt it needed to show the pinball community I was serious about this idea.

I was able to trade the band a new website and some graphic services towards the bill, which helped a lot. The remainder was manageable, and I just took care of it and said "that's what you get for taking the risk".

It wont stop me from doing it again. I believe in what I do.

I just need to get a little better at the "not losing money to put on events for other people to enjoy part", lol. I will be OK.

#205 8 years ago

Damn, looks like I missed a good time.

#206 8 years ago

Thanks for throwing an awesome KISS launch party, Jared! Sorry it didn't meet attendance expectations, but it looks like an amazing time for everybody that was there, and a cool event to help promote the hobby.

I'd throw $30 your way to help pay for your next event, even if I can't be there ( and this one too if you pm me your paypal ).
You do innovative stuff and bring some new excitement to pinball, and I'd be more than happy to help your efforts.

#207 8 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

Thanks for throwing an awesome KISS launch party, Jared! Sorry it didn't meet attendance expectations, but it looks like an amazing time for everybody that was there, and a cool event to help promote the hobby.
I'd throw $30 your way to help pay for your next event, even if I can't be there ( and this one too if you pm me your paypal ).
You do innovative stuff and bring some new excitement to pinball, and I'd be more than happy to help your efforts.

That is really kind of you but the responsibility is no one else's but my own. I alone decided to take this risk on myself and I alone am responsible for the results.

This will not stop me from pushing forward with more creative ideas and interactive events that integrate pinball.

When I look back over these photographs I can't help but be very proud of what was accomplished, no matter the cost.

Thank you for the kind offer.

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

This is what's "good" about this hobby and the people in it!

#209 8 years ago

Wish I still lived in Rockwall (other than the heat and crickets). I'd love to have someone like you promoting the hobby and throwing great events like this in my current town. The closest thing is the amazing job the Atlanta group does with the SFGE.

#210 8 years ago

Looked pretty "epic" to me. I really wish I lived a little bit closer.

#211 8 years ago

Having it on a Sunday might have kept people from going. Even if I was local, I couldn't do a Sunday night event.

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Having it on a Sunday might have kept people from going. Even if I was local, I couldn't do a Sunday night event.

I totally understand.

That venue has 1700-2300 people every Friday night and 700-1200 every Saturday. I can't compete with that without offering an up front guarantee: another risk.

Sunday eliminated the venue rental fee.

#213 8 years ago

Have you thought about selling the two large signs to recoup some of the money?

#214 8 years ago

We could use one if available. Please PM for payment.

#215 8 years ago

Yes, but since I didn't pay for them they are not mine to sell. I've had many offers, but the print file is on strict lockdown per HQ and these are the only two that I know that exist at this time.

They will be returning to the area distributor for his showroom.

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Yes, but since I didn't pay for them they are not mine to sell.

Kevin said that it's ok to sell them.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-most-epic-pinball-release-ever-kiss-concert-62815/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.