(Topic ID: 129645)

Ultimate KISS Pinball Release Party & Concert - 6/28/15 (HD Pics Added)

By Jared

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 216 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by BillySastard
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Good event idea?”

• YES! I like the idea and I will attend if you do it! 10 votes
    12%
  • YES! I like the idea but I cannot make it due to location. 46 votes
    57%
  • NO. Not a cool idea. 20 votes
    25%
  • Maybe. Depends. 5 votes
    6%

(81 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 68 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
DSC_9391.jpg
DSC_9376.jpg
DSC_9367.jpg
DSC_9361.jpg
DSC_9369.jpg
DSC_9568.jpg
DSC_9566.jpg
DSC_9700.jpg
DSC_9622.jpg
DSC_9575.jpg
DSC_9502.jpg
DSC_9499.jpg
DSC_9512.jpg
DSC_9515.jpg
DSC_9529.jpg

There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Jared, Why are you out touting a concert when in fact you have not funded this ? Seems backwards to me. You need to pony up and pull in the people. The logic on this puts you in another position where you are going to seriously damage your reputation. People are already questioning this; and joking. When it again does not meet expectations it will again piss collectors off. Please don't take this wrong; but if I was your employer, namely Stern I would have some tough questions for you behind closed doors.

Seems like you didn't read my original post.

I'm not "touting" anything. There is no flyer, no event page, no ticket link. No money has changed hands.

As I stated in the original post, sir, this is an IDEA which I have worked on all the way up to the point now where I either "go for it: or not". I get to decide.. It's all on me. My call. And my risk...

My motivation and intention for creating this thread was to gauge feedback and interest to help me predict if going forward with the idea has a decent probability of panning out. Thanks.

No tough questions needed. <3

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Wait, so are YOU holding a party to kick off the release of KISS or is STERN holding a party to kick off the release of KISS? If YOU are actually throwing this party then good for you. If STERN is throwing this party then why aren't they paying for it?
Dave

This would be me throwing the party.

As you know, Stern does not send out checks to help the many launch parties around the nation, even the epic ones.

The idea to do this is my own, and the risk to go through with it is my own to decide to take. If I pull the trigger, I will of course have support from Stern, but only as much as any launch party organizer would get.

Sterns KISS launch is being hosted at Logan Arcade in Chicago on the 19th.

I could host the launch party in Mesquite on the 19th at FUN! Billiards and arcade for free at 0 financial risk, but it wouldn't be "epic" and would not have a awesome live cover band, stage, lasers etc. Nor would that event be able to attract in people from outside the pinball world.

A lot of times in life, you just gotta go with your gut. I'm really 50/50 here and I started this thread to see if the interest and excitement was there before I pony up and or invest time.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

to attract in people from outside the pinball world.

I think attracting people into the world of pinball is the best part of the whole deal...and of course, playing pinball...and listening to a good KISS cover band...and the Bar-B-Q...and don't forget the beer. I think the whole damn thing is a good idea!

#55 4 years ago

Okay, you asked for feedback. The party sounds like a nice idea if you like Kiss and Pinball and live near DFW. It's not for me, not my taste or style. I generally avoid just about anything described as "Epic". I would much prefer to go to the nice event at FUN to socialize and play games. Not living in DFW, anything on a Sunday is probably out for me.

I do applaud your efforts. You will not succeed in making everyone happy, don't even try.

#56 4 years ago

I do not intend to include "epic" in this event title, but I do like "ultimate".

Still, I could just as well do the normal release party at FUN!, attract 60-100 people and it still be awesome...

But this might be my only chance to incorporate cover band + pinball release party same time. Sounds so rad in my head.

I wish it could be on a Saturday, but again, free venue. haha.

I need to make the decision by tomorrow.

#57 4 years ago

Do it.
And then promote the crap out of it on Facebook, Kiss forums, etc as much as you can over the coming weeks. To get the exposure it needs to get the crowds there. Presale tickets if possible.

However, Have the full understanding though that this is your decision to do it going forward. Meaning do not send emails, Facebook posts a day after the event stating how it was over budget and you are asking for donations days following the event to cover the bills. This is what has happened twice in the past and rubbed people the wrong way.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Do it.
And then promote the crap out of it on Facebook, Kiss forums, etc as much as you can over the coming weeks. To get the exposure it needs to get the crowds there. Presale tickets if possible.
However, Have full understanding though that this is your decision to do if got my forward. Meaning do not send emails, Facebook posts a day after the event stating how it was over budget and you are asking for donations days following the event. This is what has happened twice in the past and rubbed people the wrong way.

Imagine how it makes me feel to lose money on an event I put on with the best of intentions to entertain others and then am solely responsible for financially covering the deficit? The risk of this situation happening alone is enough to make most people balk at the attempt to put it on.

I wish I had some sort of insurance against this, LOL.

I think one option would be to bring on a sponsor for the event. This would greatly reduce the minimum needed and nearly eliminate the possibility of that situation happening. I'm pretty confident that the event can happen and fund itself. Having the venue for free certainly makes this very doable.

Are you with me Craig?

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Imagine how it makes me feel to lose money on an event I put on with the best of intentions to entertain others and then am solely responsible for financially covering the deficit? The risk of this situation happening alone is enough to make most people balk at the attempt to put it on.
I think one option would be to bring on a sponsor for the event. This would greatly reduce the minimum needed and nearly eliminate the possibility of that situation happening. I'm pretty confident that the event can happen and fund itself. Having the venue for free certainly makes this very doable.
Are you with me Craig?

The bottom line is you don't have the funds; Get the capacity and the money; then pull out all stops for a party. You are doing it backwards.

#60 4 years ago

The bottom line is you don't have the funds; Get the capacity and the money; then pull out all stops for a party. You are doing it backwards.

So let's say I announce the party later and this is a go... I assume all the risk, pay the deposits, make it happen...

Are you going to attend?

#61 4 years ago

Cool idea and great effort best of luck with your show.

#62 4 years ago

I know this is taken a little out of context, but it seems like you're doing a promotion event for Stern and Kiss and have the financial support of neither.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I know this is taken a little out of context, but it seems like you're doing a promotion event for Stern and Kiss and have the financial support of neither.

No launch party organizer gets financial support from either. No one forces anyone to go extra deluxe on a party, that's up to the organizer.

I just think it will be a blast. My goal is to put on a memorable, unique and fun event without losing money. lol

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I just think it will be a blast. My goal is to put on a memorable, unique and fun event

You'll do a great job Jared ! I hope it works out for you.

LTG : )

#65 4 years ago

Man, so much belly-aching about a party. What gives? I'm not a kiss fan but sounds pretty cool. Music, pinball, drinks, and a party don't sound like a bad time to me. If you want to stay in your basement and play your pins alone then do so. Good luck with the event, Jared. Place looks awesome!

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I do not intend to include "epic" in this event title, but I do like "ultimate".
Still, I could just as well do the normal release party at FUN!, attract 60-100 people and it still be awesome...
But this might be my only chance to incorporate cover band + pinball release party same time. Sounds so rad in my head.
I wish it could be on a Saturday, but again, free venue. haha.
I need to make the decision by tomorrow.

Well, you could do a "sub-ultimate" launch party.

When I did the ACDC launch party we had a local ACDC cover band. The tournament had about 70 entrants and there were probably about 125 people for the event total.

A friend of mine is working to organize a launch in my area and our mutual friend is getting a KISS premium or LE. He's actually in a KISS cover band and then working on a venue where the band will get to play.

I would say with the right marketing, such events could probably easily double our numbers (my mkt budget is $0) and get a decent amount of non-pinballers.

#67 4 years ago

Take the risk, front the money yourself . Book the band , and count on the number of people that they can bring in to get your money back and hopefully profit . Pinball would just be an added bonus (and people that want to come just for the pinball could show up early as you stated ). If this cover band can draw enough people to get your money back then really what's the risk . I'm sure you'd also gain a good working relationship with this bar also , as their sales would likely go far above a normal sunday night . Skip the crap like the magician (totally not needed and has nothing to do with kiss or pinball ) I could see if it was a Theatre of Magic release , but for this No . If you risk just your money no one will complain if you make a profit , and if done right you certainly will .

#68 4 years ago

I think you would be better off booking a nightclub in Dallas itself or someplace that you'd get a decent amount of walk up traffic and could promote the crap out of it to young locals. I know KISS is an older band but the event description (arcade + rock band) is the kind of thing kids who live in cities would eat up.

I think if the owner is giving you the place for free on a Sunday, that's the value he puts on an event on Sunday: $0. That does not bode well for you.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I think one option would be to bring on a sponsor for the event. This would greatly reduce the minimum needed and nearly eliminate the possibility of that situation happening. I'm pretty confident that the event can happen and fund itself.

and do you know who would be the best sponsor.......a rock station, they love these kinds of events. Live updates, free tickets, a contest, meet the band and have your picture taken with them by the game. I would think they would jump at the chance to get in on this.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

So let's say I announce the party later and this is a go... I assume all the risk, pay the deposits, make it happen...

Are you going to attend?

Ya know, if I didn't all ready have a party planed for Sat. the 27th I would probably drive the 2000 mile round trip to attend.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Are you with me Craig?

The party sounds like a blast. The bar looks really cool too. That said, its way too far to attend. Best of luck.
I do have a question though. Are you employed directly by Stern now? If you are than Stern is supposed to be sponsoring this party. I do sponsorships all the time with my company. You should really consider running this by Stern and asking for sponsorship money to promote their products. This is a no brainer. You could do parties in all the major cities. The best way(cheapest way) is to have Stern front the money so you're not out of pocket. Ask for a cover charge in which part of the money goes to a great local charity and the rest goes to pay the tab. If its a great party, there will be very little cost to Stern and they promote their products to pinheads. Best of all, you bring one of those rockin' parties to Chicago.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

and do you know who would be the best sponsor.......a rock station, they love these kinds of events. Live updates, free tickets, a contest, meet the band and have your picture taken with them by the game. I would think they would jump at the chance to get in on this.

This is actually a great idea. If our launch party comes together with a Kiss cover band I'm going to suggest this to the organizer. We have a few classic rock stations around here.

Though, can't remember the last time one played a KISS tune...

#73 4 years ago

This party sounds awesome, though I've been a Kiss fan since the 70s and recently working through my new pinball obsession--I'm an easy target. If I were handling marketing for this myself I'd put most of my energies into getting KISS fans to the event over pinball ones. This is sort of backed up by many of the comments expressing interest in the pin, but not so much in the band.

The other issue is which city is really the best one to launch a party like this? Granted, Kiss is global, but does this location in Texas have the fanbase? Anyone who has worshiped the band long enough knows Detroit is their "hometown" (Alive I was recorded there, they launched their reunion tour in 1996 there, "Detroit Rock City", etc.) But the real issue is why ONE location--aside from the valid reasons mentioned in your original post? Sounds like it's beyond your control, but this should be an event hitting several major cities, with all the local and social media getting behind it.

Hell, the band should kick in a bit of time themselves. They self-financed their convention tour years back, carting themselves and trucks of memorabilia to a couple dozen venues, doing autographs, Q&A and concerts. Yeah, probably overreaching for a pinball machine, but I've seen Paul and Gene show up to an event where some dude made a huge KISS aquarium, so...

Man, event planning is a headache!

#74 4 years ago

Just got word that my friend Tom is going to put on the CA Bay Area launch party in Oakland on June 27!

It will feature my friend Jason's KISS cover band as well! Details are still being worked out but here's the FB event page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/456178827885526/

#75 4 years ago

I like the band Kiss...I like Stern's Kiss pinball....I like BBQ. I don't want some loud ass band playing Kiss tunes while I am playing a Kiss pinball. I don't mind eating BBQ and playing pinball and socializing. If FUN!'s facilities are outgrown for a launch party then a slightly bigger location at a small banquet room in a Hotel would be a nice touch. A nominal fee of 10 dollars per person would suffice to cover the banquet room fee. You would need to have 4 of each title that is currently in production. At least 20 pins from Stern. The banquet room should be the size of 1/4th or 1/5th of TPF. Think 200-300 person wedding size. have a few neat things but nothing off the rocker like a loud ass band. Face painting would be cool for the kids. I don't find this to be a good idea Jared nor do I find it to be a bad idea. I am kinda *meh* / *shrug* at this.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Think 200-300 person wedding size. have a few neat things but nothing off the rocker like a loud ass band.

I always heard, "If it's too LOUD...you're too OLD"!

#77 4 years ago

I appreciate the effort, but I lean towards Aurich previous comments. The Stern launch parties tend to aim at pinheads and are held at Arcade type locations. That's nice, but a limited audience and it's not going to draw in any Kiss fans. Throw a party for the KISS Army and aim your promotion activities at them. They are the ones that need to be made aware of the existense of the game. Pinball enthusiasts already know about it.

About just this venue being free: I'm not in USA, but most large venues I know of don't have any special programming on Sundays and would welcome any event organizer with open arms to fill the place up on a Sunday. They're in the business of selling drinks, so anything that brings in people that drink, on days they lack an audience, is appreciated. Some may ask for a minimum deposit on number of drinks sold, that's all.

#78 4 years ago

Go Jared, its a nice idea, well done!

Cant understand the negatives some are posting, its a party, get out there..

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

No launch party organizer gets financial support from either. No one forces anyone to go extra deluxe on a party, that's up to the organizer.
I just think it will be a blast. My goal is to put on a memorable, unique and fun event without losing money. lol

I'm on vacation with waaaay to much iPad time on my hands. I did not mean to be a negative Nellie, but I sure did come across that way. I enjoy the conversation, but my intent wasn't to dis the idea on the forum. Best of luck Jared.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I like the band Kiss...I like Stern's Kiss pinball....I like BBQ. I don't want some loud ass band playing Kiss tunes while I am playing a Kiss pinball. I don't mind eating BBQ and playing pinball and socializing. If FUN!'s facilities are outgrown for a launch party then a slightly bigger location at a small banquet room in a Hotel would be a nice touch. A nominal fee of 10 dollars per person would suffice to cover the banquet room fee. You would need to have 4 of each title that is currently in production. At least 20 pins from Stern. The banquet room should be the size of 1/4th or 1/5th of TPF. Think 200-300 person wedding size. have a few neat things but nothing off the rocker like a loud ass band. Face painting would be cool for the kids. I don't find this to be a good idea Jared nor do I find it to be a bad idea. I am kinda *meh* / *shrug* at this.

I do not know if you read the other comments but....

There would be at least 4 hours of "band free" pinball play time BEFORE the concert. In fact, we may extend that to 6...

#81 4 years ago

Yeah, you need a sponsor. Get a radio station, or liquor, or cigar, or energy drink company to partner up with you. Should be no problem as you have a reputation in that area. Sounds like fun!

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, you need a sponsor. Get a radio station, or liquor, or cigar, or energy drink company to partner up with you. Should be no problem as you have a reputation in that area. Sounds like fun!

I think I can pull it off. I have contacts I can use for sure. PBR would be down to sponsor, but if I did that, the event would have to be 21+ and I really want this to be an all ages event So they are out, haha. I can figure it out. Russell Bergman is counting on it.

#83 4 years ago

Jared, i hope you can make this happen and i hope it is a huge success. i think it's a fantastic idea ... and that is coming from someone who despises the band KISS. I wish there were more people out there who could/would organize events like this! cheers and good luck!

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I think I can pull it off.

Do it! I think the risk is pretty small....

#85 4 years ago

Ok, about to pull the trigger on my next self produced event! I hope that you all consider coming out and being a part of the family friendly fun! The event will be a KISS Pinball Party and Concert at the Silver Saloon in Terrell Texas. You will be able to play both the 2015 KISS Pinball Machine and the 1979 Bally KISS Pinball Machine, amongst many others that will be there all on free play. There will be free face-painting for kids, contests games and prizes. BBQ Restaurant built into the venue will be open as well as a full bar for the adults. Will be a non smoking event. Pool tables, punching machines, a large lineup of free-play pinball and more to be added.

Cover will be $5 per person if you buy online, or $10 if you do it at the door. If you are a pinball machine owner and want to bring a game to the event, I will have a special incentive package for you to reward you that includes multiple free entries and BBQ food tickets.

Music will be provided by the best KISS Cover Band in Texas - Texas KISS-Destroyer. Their concert will begin at 6pm, but the doors will up 4-6 hours before that so you can enjoy hours of pinball and games without a concert blasting your ears.
grin emoticon

It's going to be really, really fun. I will also be making arrangements with the nearby hotel for special rates, and likely organizing a Saturday Night pinball event for everyone coming in from out-of-town as well.

The event will be Sunday, June 28th.
grin emoticon

I am about to make the final phone calls and get the papers sent! Keep a lookout for the official flyer and event page. Official event name to be "Ultimate KISS Pinball Party & Concert".

If you are interested in sponsoring this event please reach out to me, thank you!.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

I always heard, "If it's too LOUD...you're too OLD"!

Get off my lawn Zippy!

#87 4 years ago

Ah, I would do this in a heart beat but have a meeting in New Orleans in the morning on Monday the 29th...

#88 4 years ago

Put Vanilla Ice in the mix to give out some HGTV pointers and it would be the most epic ever

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Put Vanilla Ice in the mix to give out some HGTV pointers and it would be the most epic ever

lol.. He costs $15,000. No thanks. lol. But I am hanging out with him in July at an event.

#90 4 years ago

15k? I'd pass too

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

15k? I'd pass too

Well... ive spent it before. lol. Sounds crazy (I know) but it was actually worth it and totally awesome. Dunno if I would ever do it again... but I have done it. lol. A memorable night to say the least.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Ya know, if I didn't all ready have a party planed for Sat. the 27th

Somehow I feel guilty now

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Well... ive spent it before. lol. Sounds crazy (I know) but it was actually worth it and totally awesome. Dunno if I would ever do it again... but I have done it. lol. A memorable night to say the least.

Still one of my favorite all time events.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Somehow I feel guilty now

Yup it's all your fault....you better bring me something special now. I kid...I kid.

#95 4 years ago

Ultimate KISS Pinball Release Party & Concert
Presented by FUN! Billiards and Gameroom Superstore & Stern Pinball
Silver Saloon - 1708 TX-34, Terrell, TX 75160
Sunday, June 28th 2015
2pm to 8pm - Concert at 6pm
ALL AGES EVENT - FAMILY FRIENDLY - NO SMOKING

BUY TICKETS HERE: http://tilt.tc/W4v7

PINBALL OWNERS - BRING A MACHINE AND GET IN FREE + 1 + Dinner for 2! Email guynesdesigns@gmail.com to RSVP a machine.

Shout it out loud, because the Ultimate KISS Pinball Release Party & Concert is here! To celebrate the release of Stern Pinball's all new KISS Pinball Machine, we are hosting the ULTIMATE party! Enjoy free play on dozens of pinball machines including the new 2015 KISS and the original 1979 Bally KISS. There will be 4 hours of unrestricted FREE PLAY on all machines starting at 2pm.

There will also be great contests like the lip sync contest, costume contest and mini kiss pinball tournament. There will be a free KISS face-painting station for the kids.

The Silver Saloon is a huge concert and event venue in Terrell Texas, featuring state of the art light, sound and amenities. Ample room, commercial strength air conditioning and beautiful decorations make this venue a memorable destination! A full service BBQ restaurant will be open during the entire event with special for attendees. Full service bar will also be open for adults in attendance.

The concert will be provided by famous KISS cover band "TEXAS-KISS DESTROYER" which has been featured by KISS themselves for various events and the unique KISS KRUISE which was a event on an actual ocean ship! Expect everything you love about KISS circa 1976-1982 packed into an amazing concert!

To keep this event as affordable as possible we are thrilled to offer extremely cheap tickets, only $5 per person if you buy here on TILT in advance! The cost is the same for ANYONE above the age of 5. If you wait until the day of the event, tickets will be $12 at the door. So save money and buy here!

With each ticket purchase, your name will be added to our list + however many your purchase. Please enter together. There will be no physical tickets. There will also be no refunds or transfers. If a person buys 4 tickets, that person plus his 3 will all need to enter together.

In the coming weeks we will be announcing more features, a pinball game lineup an some other cool features! We need you to help us make this a great event, so please invite your friends and family! Thank you!

PURCHASE TICKETS: http://tilt.tc/W4v7

#96 4 years ago

Tickets already selling! Hotel info coming!!!

#97 4 years ago

Ultimate KISS Pinball Release Party & Concert BUMP! Best of luck Jared!

#98 4 years ago

Jared, All the best on this one.

#99 4 years ago

Jared, All the best on this one.

Thanks again. I will give it my best effort, and cross my fingers it works. I'm pretty resourceful.

#100 4 years ago

Jared, now ya just have to find someone to make a vid of the event and find some hot babe to be the on camera talent. You've done a vid before.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside