7d7c5b257430908a5d36e6a5ccdca6721263a0ea (resized).jpg
20210101_002806 (resized).jpg
dan-akroyd-santa (resized).jpg
5931C8F1-4190-452C-AD3A-57AC270010DC (resized).jpeg
20180530_221026 (resized).jpg
tt (resized).jpg
574AA14E-5094-4D9E-A065-C69F1C196A22 (resized).jpeg
20180524_132606 (resized).jpg
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

I thought It would be fun to hear what everyone thinks is the most difficult pinball. I know it is subjective entirely.

Part of the reason is because I am finding the most difficult pins are the ones that help my brain the most. I had a stroke and three brain surgeries.

So, I say bram stokers Dracula. And a follow up for iron man. Might be a tie for me...

#2 5 years ago

AC/DC kicks my ass most of the time.

#3 5 years ago

Flash Gordon humbles me frequently

#4 5 years ago

BSD, IM, Casanova, and ghost buster premium/LE.

#5 5 years ago

I just going to say Flash Gordon. Man that pin is just EVIL.

#6 5 years ago

Big Buck Hunter

#7 5 years ago

Any game from the small flipper era.

#8 5 years ago

Black Hole. It has been dubbed "The Humbler" amongst my friends.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

Any game from the small flipper era.

I can't remember which game at golden state pin, but it had the smaller flippers. It drove my fiancée Veronika nuts.

Flash Gordon. Yup and the black hole it used to frustrate me then I just embraced the darn hole. I used to avoid it. I stink anyways, I go for the fun.

#10 5 years ago

As I said in the same thread topic last week, Interflip Dragoon.

I have no idea why people think games with Ball savers can be the hardest game

#11 5 years ago

My very first pin purchased was a routed Bally Eight Ball with a kicked in coin door. After playing and trying to master it, I think I understand why. It's brutal!

#12 5 years ago

I personally hate my Stern Star Wars for this. Can't make a shot worth a crap. Still haven't blown up the Death Star. Very confusing game. Dialed in is second in my book.

#13 5 years ago

I agree with the 2" flipper ones myself 4 Square. The ball just seems to find the space between the flippers.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Grangeomatic:

Black Hole. It has been dubbed "The Humbler" amongst my friends.

Lol! We call Eight Ball the "Equalizer", and we use it as a tie-breaker

#15 5 years ago

Wheel of Fortune for some reason, probably due to that unique drain down he middle.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I personally hate my Stern Star Wars for this. Can't make a shot worth a crap. Still haven't blown up the Death Star. Very confusing game. Dialed in is second in my book.

Wow both harder than your twd? That's pretty interesting. I kind of want 1 tough game at home and was thinking star wars but it does seem to frustrate a lot of people

#18 5 years ago

Oklahoma with high tilt!

20180524_132606 (resized).jpg20180524_132606 (resized).jpg

#19 5 years ago

Paragon and Flash Gordon. I like Paragon but dislike Flash Gordon.

#20 5 years ago

I played TNA at GSPF for the first time last weekend and it really humbled me.

#21 5 years ago

Paragon, Flash Gordon, Alien Star, Fireball 72'

#22 5 years ago

The most difficult Pin? For me it's Pin-Ball! I don't need to be Humbled, I know I suck period.

#23 5 years ago

How about Haunted House. 8 flippers with 3 playfields and one of those is facing the opposite direction.

#24 5 years ago

Agree with Black Hole and Flash Gordon but gotta go with Data East Simpsons. The gaping entrances to the outlanes are just ruthless.

#25 5 years ago

BSD
TNA
TWD
TS
FG
BK2K (when set up correctly)

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

How about Haunted House. 8 flippers with 3 playfields and one of those is facing the opposite direction.

I really wanted to like that game, but i don't care for the flippers in the upper playfield that face the opposite direction., plus i don't see what's so haunted about it besides the theme.

#27 5 years ago

BSD and Fish Tales are the toughest DMD's in my opinion. The toughest early SS I ever played was ironically Pinball by Stern. Outlanes like vacuums. The shortest ball times and cheapest drains happen on those 2 inch flipper games. If the tilt is tight or you aren't an excellent nudger forget it, games like North Star and Central Park will eat you alive.

#28 5 years ago

TWD Prem
GB Prem
SW Prem

All 3 are in my category of love/hate. Many times they make me want to punch the glass!

#29 5 years ago

tron and junkyard. them damn left side drains

#30 5 years ago

Any One-Ball.

#31 5 years ago

EBD & Flash Gordon

Thanks
Blake

#32 5 years ago

574AA14E-5094-4D9E-A065-C69F1C196A22 (resized).jpeg574AA14E-5094-4D9E-A065-C69F1C196A22 (resized).jpeg

#33 5 years ago

Pin*Bot

I never reached the Sun. Need to rebuy this one someday. Miss it.

#34 5 years ago

My top 3 for newer pins.

AC/DC
GB: Prem
TWD

#35 5 years ago

Flash Gordon, hands down.

Iron Man gets honorable mention. It has the simplicity & ass-kicking spirit of an early 80s Bally. I've owned the game over a year & have only cracked the leader board twice. It is not from a lack of effort. Once I broke 100M points. I believe I floated around the house for several minutes afterward.

I don't think BSD is that hard though. Not painful kick-to-the-balls hard. You can score on it if you know what you're doing & making your shots. It doesn't punish you as badly as other games for playing poorly. The hard part is getting multiple multiballs running at once for those huge jackpot scores. That's where the rush lies. I managed to get the Grandchamp score at GSPF last weekend, something like 460M. I was pretty proud of that

You can also start throwing TNA into these conversations as well. It's a ball buster for sure, especially if you take away the ball save timer. Downright cruel!

#36 5 years ago

I second this. It wasn't even a love hate after a while, just pure hate

#37 5 years ago

TWDLE is way harder than IM, at my house anyway.

#38 5 years ago

Ghost bust(er)smyballs
in the bar Where i play sometimes.
But every once in a while, when its full moon an the star's line up and gravity is on my side it makes me feel happy and good, but then next game I hate it.

Who you gonna call?

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I second this. It wasn't even a love hate after a while, just pure hate

I’ll third this!

#40 5 years ago

I have my good days and bad days with Buck Rogers, some days I will kick its ass but others it pays me right back, Cyclone comes in a close second! I will have to agree with most here on the sentiment regarding Flash Gordon though, it has always kicked my ass yet when given the chance I will always go back for more!

#41 5 years ago

I find The Shadow to be a pretty damn tough game...

#42 5 years ago

I own both for several years: TS harder than BSD. Both fantastic, but TS better.
FG always mentioned among the thoughest, in fact even harder, but stupid/random hard. It does not depend on you, its just randomly kicking you. This is why I think TS way superior, because very hard but fair.

#43 5 years ago

BSD and TWD

#45 5 years ago

Yup... Flash Gordon

#46 5 years ago

Jurassic Park, Right & Left Drains

#47 5 years ago

Dialed In and trying to get your Simm card on that ball before losing it. I know you can change setting to carry it over to your next ball but my scores vary so much depending on getting Simm cards.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Flash Gordon, hands down.
Iron Man gets honorable mention. It has the simplicity & ass-kicking spirit of an early 80s Bally. I've owned the game over a year & have only cracked the leader board twice. It is not from a lack of effort. Once I broke 100M points. I believe I floated around the house for several minutes afterward.
I don't think BSD is that hard though. Not painful kick-to-the-balls hard. You can score on it if you know what you're doing & making your shots. It doesn't punish you as badly as other games for playing poorly. The hard part is getting multiple multiballs running at once for those huge jackpot scores. That's where the rush lies. I managed to get the Grandchamp score at GSPF last weekend, something like 460M. I was pretty proud of that
You can also start throwing TNA into these conversations as well. It's a ball buster for sure, especially if you take away the ball save timer. Downright cruel!

Mine punishes me for every brick and bad decision I make. A BSD lightening flippers, outlanes open, a fairly tight tilt is one of the most difficult games I've ever played. Ymmv

#49 5 years ago

I think we're going to need to define terms or we're going to start seeing lotr popping up. I usually think of ball time when thinking of difficulty. That's why DI doesn't strike me as a super difficult pin. Now it has some tough shots that may cause frustration, but ball time seems average at worst (at least in my experience).

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I own both for several years: TS harder than BSD. Both fantastic, but TS better.
FG always mentioned among the thoughest, in fact even harder, but stupid/random hard. It does not depend on you, its just randomly kicking you. This is why I think TS way superior, because very hard but fair.

Disagree totally. I've heard this before too.

FG is not stupid random hard. It requires skill & focus to be successful. If you miss your shots, you will be severely punished. If you make your shots, you will still be punished. You are constantly riding a thin line between limited control & total chaos.

You must use your skill to get the ball under control whenever possible. If you're the "flailing" type of player just slapping the ball around, prepare for quick death & severe humiliation. You're trying to light your targets (which also move at the drops), increase the multipliers, rip the lit spinners, and activate the bonus scoring (for 15 precious seconds).....all while you're failing at avoiding the pops, trying to keep the damn ball on the upper playfield, and get it back under control at all times. The basic premise is hard as hell.

Not only is the playfield layout a challenge, but the other ass-kicking factor is the difficulty settings. If you think it's hard now, try playing with the switches to the highest difficulty. FG is all about taking a beating & overcoming adversity, so I'm not a fan of making it any easier. Man up & set it to 3 ball. No lit target carryovers, you have to start your progress from scratch on every ball. No rewards for reaching replay scores. Only one extra ball earnable per game. The game will force you to become a better player.

Get the playfield multiplier to 5x, light both spinners & the targets & start the bonus scoring timer. Rinse & repeat. Easier said than done. You have to nudge. You have to make your shots, then get the ball back under control for the next shot. Then mentally prepare yourself for beatdown after beatdown. When you accomplish something & have a great ball, you'll take great satisfaction. If you have 3 great balls in a single game, you'll remember it forever.

FG is hard, life is not easy & that's the way I like it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 21.50
$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-most-difficult-pin?hl=shadowflame76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.