• Bsd 31 votes
    19%
  • Iron man 15 votes
    9%
  • Something else 120 votes
    72%

(166 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210101_002806 (resized).jpg
dan-akroyd-santa (resized).jpg
5931C8F1-4190-452C-AD3A-57AC270010DC (resized).jpeg
20180530_221026 (resized).jpg
tt (resized).jpg
574AA14E-5094-4D9E-A065-C69F1C196A22 (resized).jpeg
20180524_132606 (resized).jpg

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 2 years ago

TWD is so f'ing brutal, that after playing a few games, I can go to any of my other games and I almost always do well!

I look at TWD now as my practice machine haha!

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

you can't be serious !? are you ?
and yes, its a very good game

Well I guess I just suck bad then...

#103 2 years ago

I owned STTNG many years ago and really enjoyed the pin; but I felt the outlines were particularly unforgiving.
Currently, I find TWD can be quite punishing.

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Well I guess I just suck bad then...

i'm sure you're not

#105 2 years ago

Im not sure if I said this already, but iron man. As well.

I had a stroke and three brain surgeries. And holy moly.

That game lights up my whole brain. I used to hate it. My left hand was bouncing as I destroyed my three opponents. Unusual for me. I try to make my brain uncomfortable in this way. To promote nueroplasticity.

I might just have to get one someday.

Going to a friends in a couple days he has both Iron man and the new iron maiden Le as well as like 15 others. I am going to spend almost all my time on iron man.

#106 2 years ago

BSD and Flash Gordon both are brutal if you miss shots.

2 years later
#107 25 days ago

GOT Premium is kicking my ass all day long lately...just brutal. I can get 6 houses completed, but it’s a struggle to make all of the required shots before timers run out on 3 balls and factory settings. I’ve been so close to Iron Throne wizard mode this last week, but always get a STDM or outlane drain right before completing the 7th house...have punched that cursed game a good number of times. Will keep trying until I defeat Iron Throne on factory settings.

Other games that are incredibly hard or impossible for me are WOZ, JJP POTC and Alice Cooper. BSD and Shadow, I’ve completed all objectives and blown the game up over the years due to learning the shots/angles, but both of those games are punishers. I had LOTR and TSPP back in the day and those are nearly impossible to beat as well. AC/DC is no walk in the park either, but Encore feels achievable. Houdini is also a ball buster.

The easy games don’t last long in my collection, so I like the hard titles and the challenge that comes with them. Some are definitely a love/hate relationship, though!

#108 25 days ago

while i have now a Houdini home, cant agree with this, Houdini is a friendly game, with few hard shots i agree, but none are punitive

#109 25 days ago

Happy drunky new year! Just played it.
Its Rick and Morty.
I love it, but i haven't broke 20 mill in 4 months.

Message from the drunken Freeeek Kingdom.

20210101_002806 (resized).jpgdan-akroyd-santa (resized).jpg
#110 25 days ago

I think of the pins that I've played I would have to say F-14 Tomcat

So many ways to drain on this one. The middle is as bad if not worse than Black Knight Sword of Rage (Pro). Every shot has to be calculated. Shoot L and you have to deal with General Yagov and the evil kick back pointed straight back at you. There is little to no leniency in this game just simply brutal punishing games but you keep going back because General Yagov pissed you off. Mind you that this game was built in 1987 during the Cold War.

I've played Iron Man and I guess I'm not seeing how its all that difficult especially compared to F-14. Played in a recent tourney and my opponent obviously hadn't touched F-14 before and she is a very decent player. The F-14 flat out owned her. I was so glad I had gotten some play time on it before hand. I think each of her balls were averaged around like 15-20 secs.

Reading these posts though I REALLY want to play Flash Gordon soon I may have to make the 1.5 hr drive to go play it now.

My vote definitely goes to F-14 its one of those game like Black Knight where you feel like its truly you vs. Gen Yagov or The Black Knight. Its definitely not my favorite but I'd say that F-14 hands down fits the bill. I have to completely disagree with the consensus on Iron man. I had read the reviews and I was really surprised when I played it it's not that difficult definitely not F-14 Tomcat difficult.

#111 21 days ago

I find JP2 a great but challenging game - if I'm in the zone it's combos and flow is awesome, but brick a shot and you will pay! The difficulty is trying to stay alive long enough to make it all the way through the paddocks to the visitor centre, plus the mini-wizard modes and do Escape Nublar (and maybe even WDRTE)

I love my Shadow as well, but avoid the ramps which are brutal if you don't make the shot.

I've recently started playing some old SS games and got quickly reminded how fast to can lose your ball when there's no ball save

#112 21 days ago

Rick and Morty is super tough as is SW.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside