• Bsd 29 votes
    19%
  • Iron man 14 votes
    9%
  • Something else 108 votes
    72%

(151 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5931C8F1-4190-452C-AD3A-57AC270010DC (resized).jpeg
20180530_221026 (resized).jpg
tt (resized).jpg
574AA14E-5094-4D9E-A065-C69F1C196A22 (resized).jpeg
20180524_132606 (resized).jpg

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 1 year ago

I think Flash Gordon is already the winner! I haven’t played it for more than 30 years but I still recoil with horror about how hard it was

I love my GB premium but 29 games out of 30, it is lethal. I do live for that one game when it seems to take pity on me

The latest Star Wars is tough too

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

If you have 3 great balls in a single game, you'll remember it forever.

Poetry

tt (resized).jpg

#53 1 year ago

Maybe I am a glutton for punishment, but I need to befriend someone that owns Flash Gordon so I can give it a try. I am terrible already so what do I have to lose?

I think Catacombs is the most punishing game I've played so far.

#54 1 year ago

Flash Gordon is downright dastardly. Its the meanest, nastiest pin this side of the Pecos I tell ya. I've stood toe to leg with many of them and they all took me down faster than a cockroach in a Krispy Kreme store. Ming is Merciless mmmkay?

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from Eddie:

Orbitor 1 takes the top honors!

I got the high score on the Orbitor 1 in Pinballz Austin once. Was one of the only pins I played there that was working really good. With 200+ to take care of, I understand, but they have a full time tech, so I kinda don't understand.

#57 1 year ago

TSPP is the hardest game I have ever played.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from shock_me:

My very first pin purchased was a routed Bally Eight Ball with a kicked in coin door. After playing and trying to master it, I think I understand why. It's brutal!

Well,now you know why the coin door was kicked in.

#59 1 year ago

BSD for sure. Tough no mater how you play it. Shadow is tough but not so bad if you are careful with your shots. GB may not be the most difficult but find it the most frustrating.

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Disagree totally. I've heard this before too.
FG is not stupid random hard. It requires skill & focus to be successful. If you miss your shots, you will be severely punished. If you make your shots, you will still be punished. You are constantly riding a thin line between limited control & total chaos.
You must use your skill to get the ball under control whenever possible. If you're the "flailing" type of player just slapping the ball around, prepare for quick death & severe humiliation. You're trying to light your targets (which also move at the drops), increase the multipliers, rip the lit spinners, and activate the bonus scoring (for 15 precious seconds).....all while you're failing at avoiding the pops, trying to keep the damn ball on the upper playfield, and get it back under control at all times. The basic premise is hard as hell.
Not only is the playfield layout a challenge, but the other ass-kicking factor is the difficulty settings. If you think it's hard now, try playing with the switches to the highest difficulty. FG is all about taking a beating & overcoming adversity, so I'm not a fan of making it any easier. Man up & set it to 3 ball. No lit target carryovers, you have to start your progress from scratch on every ball. No rewards for reaching replay scores. Only one extra ball earnable per game. The game will force you to become a better player.
Get the playfield multiplier to 5x, light both spinners & the targets & start the bonus scoring timer. Rinse & repeat. Easier said than done. You have to nudge. You have to make your shots, then get the ball back under control for the next shot. Then mentally prepare yourself for beatdown after beatdown. When you accomplish something & have a great ball, you'll take great satisfaction. If you have 3 great balls in a single game, you'll remember it forever.
FG is hard, life is not easy & that's the way I like it.

Well said!

#61 1 year ago

Walking dead pro,,, just brutal

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Disagree totally. I've heard this before too.
FG is not stupid random hard. It requires skill & focus to be successful. If you miss your shots, you will be severely punished. If you make your shots, you will still be punished. You are constantly riding a thin line between limited control & total chaos.
You must use your skill to get the ball under control whenever possible. If you're the "flailing" type of player just slapping the ball around, prepare for quick death & severe humiliation. You're trying to light your targets (which also move at the drops), increase the multipliers, rip the lit spinners, and activate the bonus scoring (for 15 precious seconds).....all while you're failing at avoiding the pops, trying to keep the damn ball on the upper playfield, and get it back under control at all times. The basic premise is hard as hell.
Not only is the playfield layout a challenge, but the other ass-kicking factor is the difficulty settings. If you think it's hard now, try playing with the switches to the highest difficulty. FG is all about taking a beating & overcoming adversity, so I'm not a fan of making it any easier. Man up & set it to 3 ball. No lit target carryovers, you have to start your progress from scratch on every ball. No rewards for reaching replay scores. Only one extra ball earnable per game. The game will force you to become a better player.
Get the playfield multiplier to 5x, light both spinners & the targets & start the bonus scoring timer. Rinse & repeat. Easier said than done. You have to nudge. You have to make your shots, then get the ball back under control for the next shot. Then mentally prepare yourself for beatdown after beatdown. When you accomplish something & have a great ball, you'll take great satisfaction. If you have 3 great balls in a single game, you'll remember it forever.
FG is hard, life is not easy & that's the way I like it.

So I havent played FG enough to tell. It was just an impression from few plays. To properly judge a machine it takes hundreds of plays. So owning them, I know TS and BSD in great depth. About FG, I will need to own it then
I also love very very hard machines. Actually I comsider ownership only for very hard games. Easy, mid and slighly difficult machines get boring very quickly when you own them.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from ShadowFlame76:

Haunted House. I really wanted to like that game, but i don't care for the flippers in the upper playfield that face the opposite direction, plus i don't see what's so haunted about it besides the theme.

What were you expecting?

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

TWD Prem
GB Prem
SW Prem
All 3 are in my category of love/hate. Many times they make me want to punch the glass!

I couldn't agree with you more. Those games kick my rear all the time

#65 1 year ago

do or die multiball irom man is almost impossible ... and of course twd pro..for me the hardest ...

#66 1 year ago

No modern games can hold a candle to some of the truly vicious woodrails from the 50's, they present you with a simple to understand goal then dare you to achieve it, with flipper gaps you could drive a truck thru!! Some wedgeheads can also be extremely challenging, such as Majorettes.

For modern games, have to agree that BSD pretty much is the game that will get you cursing like no other, but Houdini is going to give it a run with it's super tight shots!

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Well,now you know why the coin door was kicked in.

Exactly! I restored the game, replaced the coin door, and sometimes I feel like kicking it in myself lol!

#68 1 year ago

I really like the shadow. I had not originally thought of Flash Gordon. I'm just so good at it (just kidding)

I would play more flash but have no real access to one. Yet.

Walking dead. I do love that game. As well. I don't know how to update the poll or I would have added. Flash and shadow and most of the others mentioned.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

Dungeons and dragons.

I own a D&D machine and have yet to make the "Mystic Million" shot. Have had the machine for 8 months so far.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

What were you expecting?

\

Something more..

#71 1 year ago

I understand some games are hard to score high on and some modes are tough to complete and that makes them difficult, but short ball time games are the most frustrating for me. I would call a game difficult when the average ball time is under 40 seconds... when it feels like it might as well not even include flippers. Especially, when it’s a game I have to put quarters into.

#Houdini, #F-14 Tomcat, #TNA, #Metallica, or any game when I haven’t had enough to drink or I’ve had too much to drink.

#72 1 year ago

Flash Gordon and EBD. They were created in an era where operators were rock stars and could do anything they wanted to gobble quarters from us teenagers. The brutally short game times on these two (especially for casual players) partially reflect this.

#73 1 year ago

What makes so many of these early SS games difficult are the fact that shots do not come back to the flippers and in the case of Stern and some Bally's, the top of the slings sit above the inlane/outlane guide.

#75 1 year ago

Recenty played BSD for a few hours over a few days and I noticed the experience made me a much better player. What a challenging game - love it!

#76 1 year ago

Any Ted Zale "zipper flipper" game where the player does not know how to close the the flippers, and how they are released.
I have seen people blow through 3 balls in less than 30 seconds and 5 balls in less than a minute.
There are no ball saves on these type of games.
Pick a title, there are 19 to choose, and some are more difficult than others based on asymmetrical designs.

#77 1 year ago

TWD pro: 1 good game and then 10 bad games

#78 1 year ago

Just played a few games of my TF LE and I know that not a lot of people like the game but for the life of me I cannot get to wizard mode. And I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone get to the Battle of Cybertron. That’s gotta be worth something.

#79 1 year ago

This is what I was talking about the other day. I had my filming rig setup today & filmed some FG gameplay. Literally my first game...that first ball! My best ball ever on FG by far. What a rush that was! 5X playfield, bonus scoring, ripping lit spinners. Got keep that ball under control & stay out of those pops. Please excuse me for getting a little excited

Flash Gordon rules! Difficult pins make you a better player!

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from springer77:

TWD pro: 1 good game and then 10 bad games

indeed
and this game is hard even if you're a good player & having some abilities to control the ball...
the prob is : you HAVE to shoot the 3 drops, you can't avoid them ! and when doing this shoot, most of the time ball become totaly out of control...

and about BSD, which is often listed here : ok, this game is brutal with the outlanes, but cant say its a difficult pinball

#81 1 year ago

GOTG, Paragon, FLash Gordon and GB. GOTG is the worst. At least the one we had at league. Drain city. Next would be GB only because of flipper gap and ball jumps in the bottom lanes.

#82 1 year ago

I love Avatar but boy does it kicks my ass!!

#83 1 year ago

You all sound like a convention for masochists. It kicks my ass--I love it!. Brutal--I love it! It hurts me---I love it! Shows no mercy--I love it.

I'll second Catacomb and add Robocop to the list of short ball time pins.

I'll also 2nd the Interflip Dragon. It is so deceptive; You think it is easy, but before you know what has happened you are digging in your pocket for more coin.

But yeah, a pin that shows me no mercy, it is BSD.

#84 1 year ago

It all depends on how they are set up. Flash Gordon can be very brutal if set up properly. I think Houdini is tough shot wise. If you put lightning flippers in GB, you may have a real difficult pin.

#85 1 year ago

Interflip Dragon and Atari Time 2000 would be at the top of my list.

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This is what I was talking about the other day. I had my filming rig setup today & filmed some FG gameplay. Literally my first game...that first ball! My best ball ever on FG by far. What a rush that was! 5X playfield, bonus scoring, ripping lit spinners. Got keep that ball under control & stay out of those pops. Please excuse me for getting a little excited
Flash Gordon rules! Difficult pins make you a better player!
» YouTube video

Great first ball! Your giggle after collecting the EB was priceless!

#87 1 year ago

Flash Gording all the way-my favorite game. Ever. Even though it kicks my butt

#88 1 year ago

TWD is brutal if we're just talking general gameplay.

If we're talking difficulty finishing games or reaching a wizard mode, getting Showdown in DI without turning SIM memory on seems impossible.

Reaching Valinor is a real grind... I'm getting close though!

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Great first ball! Your giggle after collecting the EB was priceless!

That bonus countdown. My god. Haha. I couldn’t wait to let loose with that Rick Flair Woooooo! Too bad the rest of my balls on that game were garbage.

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

TWD is brutal if we're just talking general gameplay

Agree with this sentiment. Takes a LONG time to dial these shots in and its still brutal and clunky when you aren't paying attention.

#91 1 year ago

Wheel of Fortune for me maybe? Ridiculous lower playfield and the hardest skill shot in pinball to boot. I remember my exciting, great games I've played on FG. I can't remember EVER having a truly great game on WOF.

#92 1 year ago

I only own two pins...BSD and TWD Pro. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from RobZ:

Solo tengo dos pines ... BSD y TWD Pro. Supongo que soy un glotón para el castigo.

Jajajajaajaajajaak

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Literally my first game...that first ball!

Slowest...Flash Gordon...ever

Quoted from DefaultGen:

...the hardest skill shot in pinball to boot.

That goddamn Big Guns style skill shot is a bitch for sure.

#95 1 year ago

Welcome to the Torture Chamber

20180530_221026 (resized).jpg

#96 1 year ago

I have to throw Dirty Harry up there on the list. Just starting a mode takes one of the hardest shots ever. I love to hate it. But it’s awesome!

5931C8F1-4190-452C-AD3A-57AC270010DC (resized).jpeg
#97 1 year ago

Played some more walking dead pro today... still without a doubt the toughest pin I have played... love the game and hate it at the same time haha

#98 1 year ago

The nastiest game I've ever played is X-Files. I can only assume it was set up incorrectly because every time you hit that small loop up the middle the ball went stdm. STTNG out lanes are brutal, there's a reason they made those cheater outlanes.

I've never played Flash Gordan, but based upon the comments I guess I don't want to.

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I have to throw Dirty Harry up there on the list. Just starting a mode takes one of the hardest shots ever. I love to hate it. But it’s awesome!

you can't be serious !? are you ?

and yes, its a very good game

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 30.00
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 50.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Trade
Sale Pending!
Lafayette, IN
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
$ 5.00
$ 38.00
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 149.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside