(Topic ID: 43747)

The most depressing day of my entire life.

By skristof

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

poopy.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skristof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

So today, I pulled up craigslist expecting to see the usual pins listed day after day, when, first on the list - freshly posted:

Indiana Jones - Williams $1250 Working 100%

In hind sight I shouldn't have spent the extra 2 seconds looking at the pictures, because when I called: "I'm on the other line with someone else who is interested, I'll call you back"

I didn't get a call back, but I did call back 5 minutes later. Done. Sold.

Offered more money, and he said he would call me back. I will never hear back from that man...

I can only hope and pray that in reality he is a pinhead hating serial killer, trying to lure in frugal players like myself, and there is one very unlucky pinhead being cut into pieces in the basement of some house and hour away from me... Boy am I lucky that isn't me!

In reality, someone out there got the steal of a lifetime. If you are on Pinside, mystery buyer who called seconds before me, damn you. Damn you straight to hell... oh yeah, and congrats on the awesome find...

#30 11 years ago

Alright, so the title was supposed to be funny, but whatever. In defense of myself: My dad almost died from an infection from his second knee replacement, my mom a breast cancer survivor, my grandmother died of cancer, my grandpa almost from colon cancer. At the end of the day, anything "real" I try to stay as positive as possible. Someone dies, I hope it ended some kind of pain. And when they are in pain, I never let them believe they can overcome it.

Do i feel like a dick for offering more money? Sure. But it was a last ditch effort. And it was a "if it falls though, I'm willing to pay a bit more" Ive sold machines before and never let it go if I already promised the machine, but I couldn't help myself. As you all said: the hunt is key, and when that machine popped up, it got my blood pumping, I went from sitting on my couch in my underwear to dressed and ready to go in .05.

At the end of the day, I was more or less just trying to share that someone out there got a great deal... note my concluding statement: "Damn you straight to hell... oh yeah, and congrats on the awesome find... "

It was meant to be playful, sorry some people are so serious, and sorry if I offended you. I've had my fair share of actually depressing days. This was just such a great deal to miss. Hope the seller actually sold it for his asking price and doesn't relist in a few days at 4k.

(I hope some people actually caught the humor in my original post... ugh)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
12,500 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

14,000 (OBO)
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skristof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-most-depressing-day-of-my-entire-life?tu=skristof and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.