• Latest reply 12 years ago by soren
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cliffy-dw.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I was wondering if you guys could tell me which are the most complicated toys designed for pinball machines ?
Of course my entry to the list would be the DW mini-playfield: compact and clever design, interactive with the ball, and very attractive to the player. The star of the DW pinball.

cliffy-dw.jpgcliffy-dw.jpg

#2 12 years ago

While it may not be THE most complicated toy, the boxer body on CP is right up there. What a pain it is to disassemble and rewire that thing. The wires going to the targets often times broke off inside the insulation. Oh, the memories of owning a CP....

#3 12 years ago

I think you nailed it right there with the Time Expander. I can't think of a more complex toy in any game.

#4 12 years ago

No love for Bride of Pinbot?

#5 12 years ago

The Hologram in CFTBL...one of a kind...The process to produce/reproduce the most complex, but its implementation into the pin is fairly simplistic. So, don't know how that falls within your definition.

#6 12 years ago

The Stewie pinball on Family Guy. It's really reliable, but fairly complex considering it's a "toy"

#7 12 years ago

I have heard the glove on JM

#8 12 years ago

Understand the two heads on Road Show can be a challenge to work on.

Twice the fun of Rudy.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from Wizcat:

No love for Bride of Pinbot?

i have love for it. I dread ever having to tear that thing down!

#10 12 years ago

I wouldn't call it a toy, but the Battlefield on the Shadow should be up there.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Understand the two heads on Road Show can be a challenge to work on.

Ive heard that as well. Rudy wasnt to bad for me but I have heard that those heads are a real PITA to work on.

#12 12 years ago

Cftbl holo does it for me. Unique indeed

#13 12 years ago

Dracula on MB can be a pain.

#14 12 years ago

Frankenstein on MSF is a pretty impressive toy. Not sure how much of a pain it is to work on.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I have heard the glove on JM

Being a proud owner of the title.....I hope not!

#16 12 years ago

How about the Ark in IJ4? Seriously seeing that thing dump the balls in a ball search then watching the machine load them up again is fascinating! 4:15 in the video.

#17 12 years ago

I agree with CP, the boxer. The entire machine has the jump rope and speed bag as well so all those things add up. Other than the boxer the field strips really fast though.

#18 12 years ago

The Addams family chair !

Jim

#19 12 years ago

LOL Jim, my votes for Palantir Target

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Seriously seeing that thing dump the balls in a ball search then watching the machine load them up again is fascinating!

It's a great toy, especially from a somewhat underrated game.

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Frankenstein on MSF is a pretty impressive toy. Not sure how much of a pain it is to work on.

No troubles with mine...However, electrically speaking it's pretty complex. The head is a servo motor with a servo controller board....Serial Data in the form of clock pulses are sent from the MPU to the controller board and converted to voltage waveforms to drive the head back and forth. To diagnose an issue with it, you'd have to have a scope to see the waveforms.

#22 12 years ago

Yea I have done the heads on a RS and they SUCK! I am dreading the DW expander, ugh!

#23 12 years ago

I'll vote for Rudy on FH......Balrog is pretty cool though, but Rudy can get under your skin and piss you off!

#24 12 years ago

The Levitating Elevator to the out ramp in Pinball Magic. Not so much complex but a design flaw with the ramp and diverter that switches the ball to the Elevator.
Design flaw was ball could fall into the Cabinet or get stuck between the stage and elevator entrances.

Had to modify this assembly using MacGyver techniques but it has been working great for over 1 1/2 years.

#25 12 years ago

The most complex toy is the upper playfield on Banzia Run !

Jim

#26 12 years ago

Playfield slot machine reels in Who Dunnit.

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

No troubles with mine...However, electrically speaking it's pretty complex. The head is a servo motor with a servo controller board....Serial Data in the form of clock pulses are sent from the MPU to the controller board and converted to voltage waveforms to drive the head back and forth. To diagnose an issue with it, you'd have to have a scope to see the waveforms.

Can't wait to own one of these someday. It is the pin that got me interested in pinball in the first place. Hopefully when I do get one, Frank will treat me kindly as well. If not, at least I know somebody with a scope!

#28 12 years ago

Complex? Probably the time expander.
Novel? Blinders on Tommy

Interesting to work on? Trex on JP, Rudy, Mist Multiball on BSD

#29 12 years ago

I'd like to nominate the upper playfield of White Water.

Such a spiderweb of lanes, ramps, trough and diverter. I have to start over figuring it out, anytime I approach that game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

£ 110.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-most-complex-toys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.