• 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Capper96.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

So I was cleaning my TZ playfield today and I noticed during my cleaning around the Gumball machine, I noticed I had missed a GI bulb whenever I converted my TZ over to LEDs over a year ago. Although the incandescent bulb blended in nicely with my Warm White LEDs in that corner, I figured I would go ahead a switch it out while I had the glass off and all my stuff out. Little did I know, this would start my two hour journey to change one stupid bulb, a bulb that was not even burnt out....

If you own a TZ, you might know which bulb i am talking about. But I am willing to bet that many TZ owners do not even know this damn bulb exists if its burnt out. There is a GI bulb tucked under the plastic right next to the Hi Gumball Flasher behind the Gumball machine. I totally missed this bulb because I thought that the four GIs at the bottom of the playfield provided the light, but alas there is this one other bulb that does as well.

So I am thinking ok, easy underscrew the two screws and lift the top piece of the plastic off. Well as I am unscrewing, I hear a nut fall off under the plastics and on the playfield. CRAP, and to top it off the plastic is still in place, its just now wobbling and the spacers are coming apart because i unscrewed the nut holding all the pieces together. I unscrew the bottom tier and now I can kinda move the plastic around, but the Gumball is in the way and it will not come out without removing the wireframe for the gumball, which the screws for that is under another plastic, under the rear orbit, which is under the left ramp, which is under the right ramp... well you get the picture....

So rather than trying to take all that crap apart for one bulb i try to get my fingers under there to see if I can pop it out and slip an led in its place. I pop out the bulb and it falls right next to the gumball hole, i scoop it up and now i am thinking that this is going to be easy to put another one back in.... noooopee. It literally is impossble to replace this bulb due to the spacers without taking the corner plastic out... I tried and tried but ended up loosing two LEDs that fell under the plastic as they slipped out of my fingers. dammit, So I ended up having to take apart the upper part of my TZ just to replace one damn bulb!!!!

I nominate this bulb as the most annoying bulb ever in pinball, does anyone have any other nominations?

#3 9 years ago

You can't with this particular bulb, its on the underside of the plastic not attached to the playfield,

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Capper96.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-most-annoying-bulb-to-change-ever-award?tu=Capper96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.