(Topic ID: 356518)

The more I play the worst I am

By korgakoth

66 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinside.51eedb145a7c7c40418eee2b2293b14b75d1edf3 (resized).jpeg
    200w.gif
    IMG_0299 (resized).jpeg
    giphy (2).gif
    received_309092994621423 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    12959626_0-359302900 (resized).jpg
    There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 65 days ago
    Quoted from korgakoth:

That guy is gross and have sex with their machines. Some of his takes are far from been watchable without being a pervert.

... And this thread just took a sharp turn.

Cheers!

#52 65 days ago
    Quoted from korgakoth:

That guy is gross and have sex with their machines. Some of his takes are far from been watchable without being a pervert.

No nudging tutorials, but DeadFlip has some good ball control tutorials that may be more to your liking. I swear I watched some of AbeFlips videos and didn't get that vibe...

https://www.deadflip.com/tutorials

#53 65 days ago

All the top players have sex with their machines. You gotta dominate those things.

#55 65 days ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Cheers!

See y'all in the "best of pinside" thread.

#56 65 days ago
    giphy (2).gifgiphy (2).gif
    #57 65 days ago
    Quoted from Insanity199:

No nudging tutorials, but DeadFlip has some good ball control tutorials that may be more to your liking. I swear I watched some of AbeFlips videos and didn't get that vibe...
    https://www.deadflip.com/tutorials

Deadflip ones are good yes

#58 65 days ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Cheers!

I can’t fight against the rule 34 of Internet

#59 65 days ago

Any other tutorial sources over there?

I can ask ChatGPT but it may suggest things like reverse pitch or something even crazier

#60 65 days ago

LOL, I watched all the abe flips vids here and I never saw anything gross.

#61 65 days ago

Think ol' Korg may have a loose screw- disregard.

#62 65 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

A good way to practice getting your adrenaline under control is to take the glass off and put a sock in the center drain.
    Now practice trapping every ball, for 20 minutes.
    Then practice never trapping, taking every shot on the fly, for 20 minutes .
    Do this until you hit zen.
    Zen will come quicker with practice.
    Shut the game off so it doesn't record the high score.

I do this with the new Sterns and just put it on switch test, then practice all the shots.

#63 65 days ago
    Quoted from RobW:

I do this with the new Sterns and just put it on switch test, then practice all the shots.

That’s a new way to do it

#64 65 days ago

For some reason, the title of this thread makes me think of this gem by Joe Walsh.

IMG_0299 (resized).jpegIMG_0299 (resized).jpeg
    #65 65 days ago
    Quoted from sullivcd40:

My elbows were bothering me quite a bit because I used to slide save or even death save quite a bit. I’ve sort of banned these techniques for myself and have been working on slap saves instead. This has helped my elbow issues but I did break a blood vessel in my finger yesterday.

200w.gif200w.gif

#66 65 days ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

I think I have gotten better over time. I can nail the same 1/4 post 3 times in a row and miss the ramp or lane every time. Do you realize how precise and accurate of a shot that is?

I'm awesome at hitting ramps when the mode is hit standups. Then awesome at standups the rest of the time.

#67 65 days ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

LOL, I watched all the abe flips vids here and I never saw anything gross.

I was going to check, now I'm not so excited to do so. Gross or not?

#68 65 days ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I'm awesome at hitting ramps when the mode is hit standups. Then awesome at standups the rest of the time.

And when you need to hit ramps and standups… you get into the scoop

#69 65 days ago

It only goes in the scoop when I'm absolutely trying not too.

#70 65 days ago
    Quoted from RobW:

I did this and I wish that pressing the action button gave you a ball.

It’s a good way that does not require remove the glass

#71 64 days ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I was going to check, now I'm not so excited to do so. Gross or not?

They're extremely well-made, not gross tutorials. I think the OP is probably referring to the "wicked shimmy" segment of this video, which got a little... suggestive for comedic effect. Not everyone has a sense of humor, I guess.

#72 64 days ago
    Quoted from korgakoth:

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. Apologies if you were offended, obviously not my intention.

#73 63 days ago

Tim Sexton has a couple good videos. I'm actually in the process of changing my "finger stance" because of a recent video and I'm liking the results!

#74 63 days ago
    Quoted from korgakoth:

Do you have a weird sense of humor I’m not picking up on? This is the weirdest comment I’ve seen in quite some time.

#75 62 days ago

I was stuck on a performance plateau as well and then came across this tutorial:

His tips made a lot of sense and since then my scores and tournament performance have noticeably improved. It might be coincidental but I’m a believer! He also has a couple of other videos on flipping and nudging which are worth checking out.

#76 60 days ago
    Quoted from korgakoth:

Thanks for the kind words, but you have no idea about pinball, which is why you keep failing.
    Check out my latest tutorial; it may contain some useful information for you.

#77 59 days ago
    Quoted from Eightball88:

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. Apologies if you were offended, obviously not my intention.

Not offended at all! it was just a comment.

#78 59 days ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Thanks for the kind words, but you have no idea about pinball, which is why you keep failing.
    Check out my latest tutorial; it may contain some useful information for you.

XDDD that was good

#79 59 days ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:[quoted image]
    I don't know whom to credit for this image, but I am perpetually stuck in the first third of "getting better at modes"

Me and Jaws right now
    pinside.51eedb145a7c7c40418eee2b2293b14b75d1edf3 (resized).jpegpinside.51eedb145a7c7c40418eee2b2293b14b75d1edf3 (resized).jpeg

#80 59 days ago
    Quoted from MIDLIFEarcade:

Me and Jaws right now
    [quoted image]

I’m exactly at the same spot

#81 59 days ago

Dunning-Krueger in real time.

#82 59 days ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This happens because you finally have an idea of what to shoot for, you’re no longer just “playing to stay alive” now you’re trying to complete objectives and thus you start realizing your mistakes and taking risks!
    Eventually you will start to “figure it out” and crush it!

What are these shots and objectives everyone is talking about? I thought it was just 1) ball rolls down 2) slap both flipper buttons.

#83 59 days ago
    Quoted from MIDLIFEarcade:

Me and Jaws right now
    [quoted image]

Hah. I'm just after "Code Update." Reason being is they added that damn 4th of July mini wizard and I can't get there. I came within one more shot again last night. So aggravating! So yeah, my scores have suffered because I'm only trying to do one thing.

#84 58 days ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Hah. I'm just after "Code Update." Reason being is they added that damn 4th of July mini wizard and I can't get there. I came within one more shot again last night. So aggravating! So yeah, my scores have suffered because I'm only trying to do one thing.

Well, hell. Now I am too.

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.