Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20130826_235006.jpg
20130810_222455.jpg
20130811_114214.jpg
2013-07-20_12.53.52.jpg
#1 10 years ago

just gotta share some love for the shadow, of all the machines I own or have owned in the past this one has kept my interest the most and the more I play it and the deeper I get the better the game is...now just trying to get to the final battle and also just learned about laughing duck mode or whatever its called

an under rated pin for sure

#2 10 years ago

Its an under rated game. Its a damn hard game for most, really have to make your shots. The Battlefield I think I may have like three returns max then it drains. I could of bought one two years a go for 1500 , but was not into DMDs. Kicking myself everyday about that one.

#3 10 years ago

Two years ago everything was cheaper. forget about final battle.. completing some of the modes is awful hard.

#4 10 years ago

It's a decent game...certain(t)ly has some unique stuff in it.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

forget about final battle.. completing some of the modes is awful hard.

Yeah, that damn Hotel Monolith. It looks like it should be SO easy but I generally manage to drain one of the balls before completing it. Why is that? It's not that hard man.

Don't even get me started on the Duel of Wills. I've never been able to evade all those freaking phurbas dropping on my head.

Love it!

#6 10 years ago

So I just got the secret laughter mode...next up final battle

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from rplante:

Don't even get me started on the Duel of Wills. I've never been able to evade all those freaking phurbas dropping on my head.

Man, that's one of the only modes I can beat!

#8 10 years ago

Easily one of my all time favorites and mine isn't going anywhere.

#9 10 years ago

A classic game whose price justifiably is rising.

#10 10 years ago

Got to own a shadow.......

#11 10 years ago

Shadow is cooler than AFM because it is less silly and has more to shoot for.

A hard game that you will not soon master after adding it to your collection.

#12 10 years ago

Easily the best deal in pinball right now. Awesome game for the low price they sell for. Better than most AAA titles out there.

1 week later
#13 10 years ago

man that is one title I hope to have very soon

#14 10 years ago

I've owned my Shadow for months now, I honestly can't even remember when, it seems so natural in my garage. I play it every damn night. I still haven't beaten the F-ing Final Battle, I seem to choke when I get to it, haven't topped 1.5 billion yet, but damn, I love this game. It keeps me coming back for more. Going to expand my collection, no one can live off just one game, but man, it's such a solid title. Highly, highly, underrated. All because of a translite (insert plug for my alternate version Coming Soon™).

#15 10 years ago

anyone selling one in Australia let me know I'm after one

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

All because of a translite (insert plug for my alternate version Coming Soon™).

How is this coming?

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

How is this coming?

It's basically done, I'm just sitting on it to make sure I'm happy with it because I'm a horrible that way. I think I finished up the speaker panel last night which is what I was waiting on, scrapped the earlier two designs for something simpler, and I think it's what I needed. Sorry to be a tease, I probably should have just kept my mouth shut until it was ready, but it honestly is close. Hope people don't hate it after all this!

#18 10 years ago

Estimated price?

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Estimated price?

I dunno yet I have to do some test printing. Need to print both the translite and speaker panel and have the backlit quality look good. Don't want it washed out and crappy. Under $200 for the set I would think, probably with match instruction cards too. Other than that not quite sure. I really mentioned that I was working on this too early. Feel like I'm dragging it out, and that was never the intention.

I'll post the art soon and gauge the interest. If people want it then great. If not, hey, it's going on my machine for sure!

#20 10 years ago

Never thought in a million years I would want a game without pop bumpers. That's like the number two requirement after flippers to me. The Shadow changed my mind.

#21 10 years ago

I didnt even realize there were no pops!

I cant wait to see your work, Aurich!!!

I am hoping a Shadow I am in line for arrives soon......

#22 10 years ago

LOVE this pin! I just shopped mine and added Trident's sanctum decal and wall decal. I put the playfield protector on and mirror blades for the sides. With the playfield protector on the ball flies around the loops!

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

LOVE this pin! I just shopped mine and added Trident's sanctum decal and wall decal. I put the playfield protector on and mirror blades for the sides. With the playfield protector on the ball flies around the loops!

can you post a pic......

#24 10 years ago

Yup, I sold mine recently to then turn around and
pick up a RUO (route use only) one later today (but freshly shopped out).
Also, the game is actually going on my route at Young Loud and Snotty in Atlantic Beach FL.

#25 10 years ago

Here's the before and after in the sanctum area and some shots of the protector.

2013-07-20_12.53.52.jpg2013-07-20_12.53.52.jpg 20130811_114214.jpg20130811_114214.jpg 20130810_222455.jpg20130810_222455.jpg 20130826_235006.jpg20130826_235006.jpg

#26 10 years ago

I also bought a set of the sanctum stickers...they look great and are super cheap (thanks trident)

#27 10 years ago

going to look at one on Monday, hoping for the best

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from no-extra-balls:

going to look at one on Monday, hoping for the best

so the seller tells me after he finishes cleaning up the machine and playing a few games just to check everything out he decides to keep it

kind of tells you how great this game is no?

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from no-extra-balls:

so the seller tells me after he finishes cleaning up the machine and playing a few games just to check everything out he decides to keep it
kind of tells you how great this game is no?

Ha, but disappointing I'm sure!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-more-i-play-the-shadow-the-more-i-like-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.