(Topic ID: 158977)

The MoonWalking Dead Pinball featuring Michael Jackson's Thriller gameplay video

By BigBangBack

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 62 days ago by baxelrod
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4622 (resized).JPG
IMG_4579 (resized).JPG
IMG_2862 (resized).JPG
14937421_10157702543425634_7181445878482658703_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4344_(resized).JPG
IMG_4342_(resized).JPG
IMG_4337_(resized).JPG
IMG_4336_(resized).JPG
IMG_4331_(resized).JPG
IMG_4335_(resized).JPG
IMG_4334_(resized).JPG
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Hi Pinside,

I am almost done with my MoonWalking Dead pinball retheme, so I thought I'd share some photos and a gameplay video. Please note that the most recent software has more MJ callouts and a lot less of the generic character callouts that are original to the game. Also, we had a slight recording issue so there is a skip in the video around the 3 minute mark. We were still able to explore some of the other modes and features including LMS and Horde. Enjoy!

IMG_4331_(resized).JPGIMG_4331_(resized).JPG

IMG_4342_(resized).JPGIMG_4342_(resized).JPG

IMG_4336_(resized).JPGIMG_4336_(resized).JPG

IMG_4344_(resized).JPGIMG_4344_(resized).JPG

IMG_4337_(resized).JPGIMG_4337_(resized).JPG

IMG_4334_(resized).JPGIMG_4334_(resized).JPG

IMG_4335_(resized).JPGIMG_4335_(resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Didn't see that coming

#3 7 years ago

Nice job! I like the angle of combining zombies with MJ. And those are some cool custom toys, especially "bloody Michael" and "bottom half of Michael".

#4 7 years ago

Thanks Robin! Making this machine would not have been possible without the Pinside community, so the next time you're in Boston, MA, beers and MoonWalking Dead pinball are on me!

#5 7 years ago

totally awesome. How did you get that 200 million jackpot ? video glitch right when you hit it.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

totally awesome. How did you get that 200 million jackpot ? video glitch right when you hit it.

I know, that was a bummer. I have all of my "Walker Kills" on so every completed shot in the game adds a walker kill, which will add another X to the inlane shot multiplier. In addition to having a solid CDC round (bunch of left ramp hits, collecting value at the other shots, then going back to left ramp), I was able to cash in a huge multiplier (12X maybe?) on the final CDC shot, collecting that monster value.

#8 7 years ago

new video coming soon with updated sound code

#9 7 years ago

HOLY CRAP!!!!!
JESUS SH*TBALLS F**K!!!!

#10 7 years ago

A...hmmm....a..... yea.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Quint:

HOLY CRAP!!!!!
JESUS SH*TBALLS F**K!!!!

You took the words right out of my mouth

5 months later
#14 7 years ago

At first I was all like "WTF"...
...now I'm like... I "dig it".
I'm not a huge fan of the original table... but this kinda makes me wanna get one.

Kudos for an awesome idea.

#15 7 years ago

Yeah I would definitely rock this on my twd for awhile

#16 7 years ago

Not really into having a child molester on my pins, but each to their own.

#17 7 years ago

In this country... innocent until proven guilty in a court of law... last time I checked he didnt get convicted except in your court of public opinion. So... if you an't got nothing nice to say... Also; I don't speak ill of the dead.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Any video updates on this?

Yeah it's available to play at "Flat Top Johnnys": www.flattopjohnnys.com Great bar with pool and Mitchs other games in Cambridge, MA. They serve food at this bar too and isn't too far away from Lanes and Games.

#19 7 years ago

"For no mere mortal can resist
The evil of the thriller"

Great idea both funny and still on theme.

" That it's a Thriller, Thriller night"

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

Yeah it's available to play at "Flat Top Johnnys": http://www.flattopjohnnys.com Great bar with pool and Mitchs other games in Cambridge, MA. They serve food at this bar too and isn't too far away from Lanes and Games.

Let me just jump in the car and head on over then!

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

In this country... innocent until proven guilty in a court of law... last time I checked he didnt get convicted except in your court of public opinion. So... if you an't got nothing nice to say... Also; I don't speak ill of the dead.

I was trying to think of a way to say the exact same thing, I don't remember any jail time.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Jimmy Saville (a British TV personality) was never proven guilty in a court of law either. Have a read up on him for a few minutes after you refresh your memory on the equally shocking allegations about MJ.

But its fine with me if you want to stare at a 'real' monster, instead of fake ones. Just very weird tis all.

#25 7 years ago

Meh... not worth the effort.
Not an mj fan... but I do respect his work.
At this point he can do no further harm.

#26 7 years ago

Just in time for Halloween, I will put up a new video of the MoonWalking Dead gameplay with more call outs and music!

Thanks for all the interest!

1 week later
#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Meh... not worth the effort.
Not an mj fan... but I do respect his work.
At this point he can do no further harm.

By your logic, if a peadophile creates respected work, they get a pass?

If you want to adorn your stuff with deplorable child molesting scum, go ahead. Trying to defend the decision to do so shows your true nature.

#28 7 years ago

How can I do this to my machine? I am a huge MJ fan, are you able to sell those things like the transilite and Michael well walker figure??

#29 7 years ago

Love it. Especially like the glove topper. Well done.

#30 7 years ago

Add me to the list of folks who would love to see an updated video.

#31 7 years ago

Apologies for the delay on the video. To make up for that, I'm hosting FREE play pinball at Flat Top Johnny's in Cambridge tomorrow (Sunday Nov 6th @ 4pm) if anybody wants to come check out the MoonWalking Dead in person. I'll have the volume cranked up!

Game Of Thrones premium, MoonWalking Dead, Metallica ft Prince, Doctor Who, & Flat Top's Shootout pinball, all on FREE PLAY

1 Kendall Sq Cambridge MA 02139

14937421_10157702543425634_7181445878482658703_n (resized).jpg14937421_10157702543425634_7181445878482658703_n (resized).jpg

3 months later
#32 7 years ago

Is there going to be a link to download this rom?

1 month later
#33 7 years ago

i think that looks fantastic. i love Michael Jackson's music, it will live forever; and although i agree he was a bit of a creepy weirdo, i don't remember seeing anything that was damning or proof of anything other than a sad little child-man who preferred the company of children to adults. sleepovers, yes. payoffs to families to make the allegations go away, yes. proof of perversion, or testimony of abuse, no. a real parent of a real abused kid would never agree to hush money, never in a million years, they'd insist on it being public knowledge. i would, wouldn't you? no matter how big the payoff to shut up and go away. the fact they took the cash, to me, demonstrates that their case was never a solid one. remember, he never had a childhood, he was thrust onto the stage at 5 and never left the limelight, plus his dad beat them all mercilessly.

but let's not derail this thread with MJ fans vs MJ ex-fans who now hate him as an assumed paedophile. i'm sorry for the aside, just felt like sticking up for him is all, and not just because some of his music, like Billie Jean, Man in the Mirror, Don't Stop til you Get Enough .... is sublime, and he was a groundbreaker.... also because he has, and had, no way to defend himself. mud sticks, and the most famous people on the planet are an easy target. comparisons to Jimmy Savile are just not even almost fair.

i love the half-Michael figure and the leaning model, gonna watch the video later when i get some time off.

6 months later
#34 6 years ago

Played this game last week at Flat Top Johnnys in Boston. Thank you for building this as it was a treat to play.

1 week later
#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Glockonfire:

Played this game last week at Flat Top Johnnys in Boston. Thank you for building this as it was a treat to play.

My absolute pleasure! Glad you enjoyed it

#36 6 years ago

How have I missed this? Pure genius, needs to be a production run.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from bkbirge:

How have I missed this? Pure genius, needs to be a production run.

The kicker to boot is that it's set up perfectly and the audio syncs up very well. Some TWD's I've played have instant drains right out of the pops exit (right orbit rail), and Woodbury can't be hit. Each time I play this particular game (many times over the course of the past year), neither of those things have been an issue and the game is a flow monster. Took GC the other day and loved every minute of it.IMG_2862 (resized).JPGIMG_2862 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#38 6 years ago

I played it last night. Excellent work!

#39 6 years ago

IMG_4579 (resized).JPGIMG_4579 (resized).JPG

IMG_4622 (resized).JPGIMG_4622 (resized).JPG

#40 6 years ago

Wow PiperPinball this machine looks like it's had more work done it than Michael Jackson himself. Is this your game?

4 months later
#41 6 years ago

I was traveling to Boston last week from Canada
and found flat top johnys for my pinhead needs. Now that I look for this moonwalking dead pinball on pinside I understand it's home made...Just Wow!!! great game and well done. was nice to play on, lots of fun. Congrats for the built.
Cheers!

2 months later
#42 5 years ago

How do I get a copy of this backglass?

1 month later
#43 5 years ago

Stopped in flat top johnnys while visiting boston for a phillies game and came across this pin by suprises. absolutely awesome machine. well done!

#44 5 years ago

Hope to play this someday. Here’s something for all the haters:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/charles-thomson/one-of-the-most-shameful_b_610258.html

TL;DR - MJ was the victim of the largest, bullshit witch hunt in modern history. A very well funded, hell bent prosecutor tried EVERYTHING possible - including tearing his house upside down - and still couldn’t nail MJ. NOT guilty, on all counts. And there were a lot of counts. An American tragedy.

#45 5 years ago

Dope work!!! What an awesome machine!!

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Hope to play this someday. Here’s something for all the haters:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/charles-thomson/one-of-the-most-shameful_b_610258.html
TL;DR - MJ was the victim of the largest, bullshit witch hunt in modern history. A very well funded, hell bent prosecutor tried EVERYTHING possible - including tearing his house upside down - and still couldn’t nail MJ. NOT guilty, on all counts. And there were a lot of counts. An American tragedy.

GREAT article, thanks for sharing! As you said, tragedy...

And if I didn't already say it, AWESOME MACHINE!!!

#47 5 years ago

WOWWWWWWW!! How did I never see this!?! This looks awesome, way to go!

#48 5 years ago

Never would have thought of it before seeing this thread....but with all the music/band themed pinball machines, how is it no one has thought of a Michael Jackson themed pinball machine. Geez, if Iron Maiden has one, why not? I mean the guy had a music library that inspires all sorts of ideas.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Never would have thought of it before seeing this thread....but with all the music/band themed pinball machines, how is it no one has thought of a Michael Jackson themed pinball machine. Geez, if Iron Maiden has one, why not? I mean the guy had a music library that inspires all sorts of ideas.

Ideas like giving Jesus Juice to children and pedophile charges might have something to do with not having his own pinball themed machine. That behavior offends myself and plenty of others. Iron Maiden is a great pinball machine that works really well. MJ is a toxic theme that would have mixed opinions and would never be in my collection.

4 months later
#50 5 years ago

Some updated game play footage streamed yesterday by On Tilt at Flat Top Johnny's in Cambridge MA

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/346909392

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-moonwalking-dead-pinball-featuring-michael-jacksons-thriller and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.