11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ebjimmyg
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kaytrox.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I'm an intelligent individual and a great strategist. When I was young, I was a very good chess player. It came naturally to me. By the time I was a senior in high school, I found that I was no longer in the upper tier of chess players. That's because all the nerds and geeks were actually studying the game, and reading books about it. Well, when I gotzto start LEARNING stuff like the Jablowmie Opening, and the Jerkofvia Junction, to improve my skills... you lost me! I was always totally bored by geeks and nerds and wasn't about to become one! In fact, one of the reasons I loved pinball so much was because those geeks and nerds didn't play, because they were too spastic to be any good at it. But they got me back in the end! I'm not about to read a 300 page book that explains all the modes and scoring, to enjoy a good game, any more than I'm likely to take up Dungeons and Dragons, or learn to speak Klingon.

#3 11 years ago

What's weird about starting threads in an EM forum, which explain disdain for modern junk, or love of the classics? And I'll NEVER lay off the weed!

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

How many weird threads do you need to start? Lay off the weed mango

Glad you found the time to put down your book, 'How To Collect the Most Jewels on Ripley's Believe It or Not', to respond to my weird thread!

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

I enjoy all pins, new and old....I hope to add an EM to my heard one day..
    jIH muSHa' pinball (Klingon)

Gotta give you credit! You can take a joke, as well as you make one! LMFAO!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kaytrox.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-modern-pinball-machine-why-i-quit-playing-chess?tu=Kaytrox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.