• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

68E29F8A-2DE2-4705-B224-82FFD224165E (resized).jpeg
984F00CD-2027-43B8-8783-1E769971CBC7 (resized).jpeg
9E7441BC-F5DF-4293-B26D-C31A15D27474 (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

The Modern Arcade Club is a thread dedicated to the discussion of newer arcade titles. From Golden Tee to the Raw Thrills catalog, from location to home gameroom, this is the place to share the love for the coolest machines in gameroom!

#2 3 years ago

I’m loving our Raw Thrills Big Buck Hunter Reloaded. We plan on creating many arcade videos and are excited to share them with everyone!

Buy buy buy from Flip N Out Pinball

I’m pumped to see what Raw Thrills title is coming next! Any guesses or rumors out there?

#3 3 years ago

Big Buck Hunter Reloaded Gameplay w/Direct Capture!

Are you a good shot? What’s your favorite animal to hunt? Have you ever completed the Trifecta One-Shot Kill on a run?

#4 3 years ago

Just out of curiosity - no judgment and not trying to stir up any philosophical debate or have the thread take a detour - are you a hunter IRL?

#5 3 years ago

The only thing I hunt are rats that live under my shed, and I love big buck hunter. I don’t think you have to be a hunter to enjoy these games, but I could see how it might be offensive if you’re vegan.

I think one of the better modern arcades is Mario Kart.

9E7441BC-F5DF-4293-B26D-C31A15D27474 (resized).png9E7441BC-F5DF-4293-B26D-C31A15D27474 (resized).png
#6 3 years ago

NEW SDTM DIRECT CAPTURE GAMEPLAY VIDEO

Zach plays some Terminator: Salvation on the Big Buck Hunter Reloaded arcade machine by Raw Thrills

How far can you get on three lives?

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The only thing I hunt are rats that live under my shed, and I love big buck hunter. I don’t think you have to be a hunter to enjoy these games, but I could see how it might be offensive if you’re vegan.
I think one of the better modern arcades is Mario Kart. [quoted image]

I have been looking too add a driver to my home game room. Completely undecided at the moment. The front runner is a fast furious supercars but this or even a pair would be much more appealing to all ages.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

I have been looking too add a driver to my home game room. Completely undecided at the moment. The front runner is a fast furious supercars but this or even a pair would be much more appealing to all ages.

Yeah I’d love a set of drivers, but I’m torn between a pair of Cruisin Blasts or a pair of Super Bikes 3. Tough decisions for sure.

I thought I’ve heard people say Rush 2049 is a classic

#9 3 years ago

Love Golden Tee and the owner business model. Not so much for the BH plan. For me.... you get Soo much with GT for the price even with the annual for online to compete with others. BH though for me is way off base on the $40 monthly for what you get. Play terminator 2 times and when your arm swell comes down you are done with it. Wish they would follow the same business model.

#10 3 years ago

SDTM Gameplay: In Case Of Monsters - Lost Island on the Big Buck Hunter Reloaded Arcade Machine (Raw Thrills, 2020)

More BBHR gameplay and again, we practice the SDTM Rule - 3 LIVES ONLY!

How far can you get on 3 lives?

Purchase your Big Buck Hunter Reloaded, packed with games, from Flip N Out Pinball

Flipnoutpinball.com
[email protected]

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Love Golden Tee and the owner business model. Not so much for the BH plan. For me.... you get Soo much with GT for the price even with the annual for online to compete with others. BH though for me is way off base on the $40 monthly for what you get. Play terminator 2 times and when your arm swell comes down you are done with it. Wish they would follow the same business model.

What do you get with GT compared to being offline? I have been looking at pulling the trigger on one for awhile. I had a complete and the video card was made of unobtanuim 20 years later so I determined it to be a lost cause. Lol. I was looking at getting a 2020 home edition and ended up getting BBH instead. Considering the amount of space I have. Figured it would be played more by everyone. Which did prove to be true.

I still want to get one but I am trying to decide if I get a home one now, wait for PGA tour home edition and buy a home edition then when everyone is buying the new one or just buy a PGA tour home edition when they come out.

We are definitely lucky to have luxury problems.

Thanks for any insight

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Yeah I’d love a set of drivers, but I’m torn between a pair of Cruisin Blasts or a pair of Super Bikes 3. Tough decisions for sure.
I thought I’ve heard people say Rush 2049 is a classic

Rush 2049 is a classic but too classic! Lol. I definitely want something that is HD. They make an upgrade kit to turn any crusin into a supercars but at that point you are into a used supercars and it still looks pretty dated. Unlike pins arcades hold little to no value. Drivers are hard to put on location due to the size.

Luxary problems.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

What do you get with GT compared to being offline? I have been looking at pulling the trigger on one for awhile. I had a complete and the video card was made of unobtanuim 20 years later so I determined it to be a lost cause. Lol. I was looking at getting a 2020 home edition and ended up getting BBH instead. Considering the amount of space I have. Figured it would be played more by everyone. Which did prove to be true.
I still want to get one but I am trying to decide if I get a home one now, wait for PGA tour home edition and buy a home edition then when everyone is buying the new one or just buy a PGA tour home edition when they come out.
Thanks for any insight

With GT you get all of the courses offline as well as playing pros. No extra cost. Online is great for playing friends with invites and tournaments if your good enough. Great format with the app and easy to play for a few bucks against friends for fun. All for I think only 90$ for a year. BH everything is basically ala cart. Fun yes but limited for offline for me and the cost of use. GT 2021 was my absolute best purchase for the year. My daughter and I play every night. Fun solo or with friends every time. Absolutely love it.

#15 3 years ago

I think Raw Thrills game suck, they ostensibly show that they are designed to swallow coins with no depth, no challenge and quite frankly no fun

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I think Raw Thrills game suck, they ostensibly show that they are designed to swallow coins with no depth, no challenge and quite frankly no fun

What do you consider a modern game that is deep and fun?

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

With GT you get all of the courses offline as well as playing pros. No extra cost. Online is great for playing friends with invites and tournaments if your good enough. Great format with the app and easy to play for a few bucks against friends for fun. All for I think only 90$ for a year. BH everything is basically ala cart. Fun yes but limited for offline for me and the cost of use. GT 2021 was my absolute best purchase for the year. My daughter and I play every night. Fun solo or with friends every time. Absolutely love it.

I didn't realize being online was less than 100/year. That's amazing, especially GT being something I would be most likely to play online. How much does the yearly course update run?

My son and I have a nightly ritual of playing BBH verses but he is only 6. Over time I could see it being a round of golf or going back and forth between the two.

He used to play the complete but didn't really understand it.

Thanks for the info

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

I didn't realize being online was less than 100/year. That's amazing, especially GT being something I would be most likely to play online. How much does the yearly course update run?
My son and I have a nightly ritual of playing BBH verses but he is only 6. Over time I could see it being a round of golf or going back and forth between the two.
He used to play the complete but didn't really understand it.
Thanks for the info

As mine was the 2021 I don't know personally what additional courses cost but I will say there are a LOT (30-40?) of courses already on there. More then most anyone would ever need lol. Completely different then BH that only has 2-3 options which was a bit short lived in my household. Totally awesome that your son enjoys game time with you. For me thats what its all about as well as friends and family visiting. Fun stuff!

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Thanks for any insight

I have heard that Golden Tee PGA version coming out this year will have 3 PGA courses then all the original GT courses, but the system is new, all new designed can so likely no simple upgrade available. And yeah the $100/year subscription is a lot easier on the wallet.

We will be doing a Golden Tee unboxing soon

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

What do you consider a modern game that is deep and fun?

Mario kart is a race game that swallows coins with style. Deadstorm pirates is a rail shooter that can be finished with one credit with the right skills.
Generally speaking the japanese arcade games kept that idea that skills can take you to the end, instead of throwing coins until you see the end credit.

That's my gamer perspective, from an operator perspective it probably explains why Raw Thrills has been this successful in the arcade business.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Mario kart is a race game that swallows coins with style. Deadstorm pirates is a rail shooter that can be finished with one credit with the right skills.
Generally speaking the japanese arcade games kept that idea that skills can take you to the end, instead of throwing coins until you see the end credit.
That's my gamer perspective, from an operator perspective it probably explains why Raw Thrills has been this successful in the arcade business.

Damn now I really want to play Deadstorm Pirates!

#22 3 years ago

SDTM Zach tries the Big Buck Hunter HARD MODE - Zombie Deer (Head Shots Only!)

Spoiler Alert: This Mode Is Freakin' HARD

How well do you handle the Zombie Deerpocalypse?!?!

Your gameroom needs a Raw Thrills arcade or two or 10

Purchase yours at Flip N Out Pinball today!
flipnoutpinball.com
[email protected]

#23 3 years ago

Okay. I’m hooked enough to ask how much?

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Okay. I’m hooked enough to ask how much?

Did not see this thread open. I am by no means trying to step in on any of zach's customers, just offering answers to questions posted.

We have been in the "arcade" business for 25 years. We operated, repaired, sold and for the last 10 years have distributed games for many, many companies.

Golden tee home edition 2021 is just that, a home edition. While you can participate in online tournaments set up amongst friends, you can not participate in the same money tournaments in the bars. The golden tee live platform is schedule to be supported (technically and new courses) for at least the next 5 years. The new PGA golden tee is scheduled to be released this year commercially and then later (end of this year, possibly 2022) as a home edition.

Big buck hunters are available new in two configurations. 42" mini and the panorama (add your own monitor). The software on the games are identical. There are also the big buck hunter hd games. These are the previous generator of buck hunter. You can find these used from some dealers (I have around 20 in stock) and or operators. These units can be upgraded for free to the new "reloaded" software. You can play "online" for $39.99 a month and have access to everything and participate in user generated tournaments. Just like the golden tee tournaments, the cash tournaments are only accessible for in person on location tournament. You can also purchase the "offline" version that will come from the factory with all the current games installed.

For driving games, the new ones are amazing. That being said, the older used ones can be great too.

For more information on pricing reach out to zach, or myself, or any of the Authorized Dealers. Just like in pinball, you want to make sure you stick to the authorized dealers for any warranty or technical questions that come up. A dealer is not just the cash register at the store, they are meant to be the voice for you to the manufacturer, the tech support people when you have an issue, the delivery and install people, and the people you go to with your basic questions about gameplay and functionality.. make sure your dealer fills these roles and isn't just the cheapest guy on the block. Cost can be measured in more than just cash on the glass.

I'll try to keep on top of any general question here to help you guys.

1 month later
#25 3 years ago

Jurassic Park Arcade Unboxing, Setup, & Gameplay (ICE Arcade Games, 2020) (SDTM)

Damn cool game and much more affordable than the commercial machine. And the feedback guns are awesome!

#26 3 years ago

Super Chexx Pro Bubble Hockey Arcade Unboxing & Gameplay

Definitely not your old-school bubble hockey and I like the price compared to other arcade/pinball machines

#27 3 years ago

Good job. Love seeing the kids getting involved.

4 months later
#28 2 years ago

NEW TOY! Minecraft Dungeons Arcade First Look & Gameplay

Raw Thrills, 2021

It’s BIG. It’s FUN. It’s NEW.

Have you played yet?
How many collector cards do you have now?

4 months later
#29 2 years ago

Your best friend is obsessed with Jurassic Park. What Christmas gift would surprise him? Take a look

4 months later
#30 1 year ago

BACK IN STOCK!!! Ton of fun and a great add to the gameroom for everyone to enjoy. Also, you will be shipped the 2022 Update for FREE once it’s released!

Flipnoutpinball.com
[email protected]

984F00CD-2027-43B8-8783-1E769971CBC7 (resized).jpeg984F00CD-2027-43B8-8783-1E769971CBC7 (resized).jpeg
6 months later
#31 1 year ago

Check out the new Golden Tee!

Mmmmmm…..

68E29F8A-2DE2-4705-B224-82FFD224165E (resized).jpeg68E29F8A-2DE2-4705-B224-82FFD224165E (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-modern-arcade-club?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.