(Topic ID: 244894)

The Miracle in Milan - IFPA World Championships!

By Rondogg

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

62147434_2220980527951194_7605433826109554688_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Good thing you weren't there, might have had a literal heart attack from so many booms and died on the spot. If that wouldn't get pinball on sportscenter, nothing would.

Haha! I was thinking the same thing when watching it!

All these usually mild mannered quiet guys are losing their minds in the booth ... if Levi was there his head would have literally exploded live on air. Boooooom! Hahaha!

Awesome play by both players. Next level.

Also ... nobody has commented that a 17 year old is IFPA champ, a 17 year old is Womans #1 player, and a 17 year old won INDISC.

The kids aren’t coming .... they are here.

rd

#52 4 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can anybody here stand 2:30 of watching pinball?! Here's a short highlight vid of NYCPC 2019 just released by Backhand Pinball:

Can you give me a short summary. Thanks

#53 4 months ago

Can someone link the full video on YouTube? Thanks.

#54 4 months ago

When I'm in the garage working on pins, there's nothing better to listen to than a championship pinball stream. My key word is listen, not watch... I enjoy hearing the nerdy banter from the broadcasters. I find it puts me in a good light-hearted mood to hear all the enthusiasm. It's the same reason I stream pinball podcasts while working on pins. Both keep my mind off life issues, and help me keep all my focus on the pins.

I'm glad they exist.
    Sometimes I need hours of audio commentary...

But no, I don't sit at my computer and "watch" a 2+ hour pinball tournament. But I sure as hell can enjoy listening to it while I get work done.
    -mof

#55 4 months ago

I saw it in the venue in Milan, then on monday at least 4 times on twitch.
    Best comback I have ever seen in any sport. And yes at this level competetive pinball is a sport.

Johannes and Daniele, you both made history.
    And Johannes has beaten Danielle (4 IFPA titles), Raymond (2 IFPA titles), Jim (1 Pinsburgh title) and Jorian (1 IFPA, 1 PAPA and 5 EPC titles) in the knock-out phase.

#58 4 months ago

He asked for the Youtube link, not another Twitch link. Not everyone has Twitch, or some who do (like me) have it blocked at work, but not Youtube.

#59 4 months ago

TBH, kindof a frustrating trend to have tournament videos on Twitch but not ported over to Youtube which is so much easier for archive purposes.

#60 4 months ago

I'm fairly certain Twitch streams just disappear after a while. Maybe 10 days? Could be way off, but that's what I've seemed to notice.

#61 4 months ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

I'm fairly certain Twitch streams just disappear after a while. Maybe 10 days? Could be way off, but that's what I've seemed to notice.

More than that. NYCPC stuff is still up. I think it's a month. And I've been told clips stay up on the originators channel as long as the channel is up.

Either way I've been clipping and downloading stuff I think we may need in the future, plus it's up on youtube already.

#62 4 months ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Also ... nobody has commented that a 17 year old is IFPA champ, a 17 year old is Womans #1 player, and a 17 year old won INDISCrd

Hi Dave, I thought already about a nice meeting of both champions .

I know, Danielle can´t come to Milano, cause of her school exam. Same situation has Johannes next year. We will see, if he can come to ifpa17.

Videos from the whole championship coming soon on Jim&Dinas yt channel:

https://www.youtube.com/jdl_pinball

#63 4 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

More than that. NYCPC stuff is still up. I think it's a month. And I've been told clips stay up on the originators channel as long as the channel is up.
    Either way I've been clipping and downloading stuff I think we may need in the future, plus it's up on youtube already.

If you make a highlight of your stream, that stays forever.

#64 4 months ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

He asked for the Youtube link, not another Twitch link. Not everyone has Twitch, or some who do (like me) have it blocked at work, but not Youtube.

fuck sorry. it aint on youtube yet is it.

#65 4 months ago
    Quoted from DerRoland:

I know, Danielle can´t come to Milano, cause of her school exam. Same situation has Johannes next year. We will see, if he can come to ifpa17.

We are both keen to come to Florida for IFPA17 ... we will have to check on the schedule next year and see if it fits with Dannis University.

rd

#66 4 months ago

Finals now on youtube!

Relax and enjoy!

Don´t forget to look the way to this final at: https://www.youtube.com/jdl_pinball .

Great thanks to Jim & Dina Lindsay.

#67 4 months ago

Crazy freakin comeback!!

#68 4 months ago
    Quoted from DerRoland:

Finals now on youtube!
    Relax and enjoy!
    Don´t forget to look the way to this final at: https://www.youtube.com/jdl_pinball .
    Great thanks to Jim & Dina Lindsay.

Will you folks be leaving the other earlier streams up on twitch? The production of the stream was great, and it looks like I have to add another bookmark for a new channel. Thanks!

#69 4 months ago

All it takes is one good ball. How to say that in German?

#71 4 months ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

All it takes is one good ball. How to say that in German?

Alles was es braucht ist ein guter Ball.

(Google Translated, but seems mostly correct from what I remember of high school German class. 'w' is a 'v' sound to us though. Don't want to go around calling yourself a doughnut or something on accident.)

#72 4 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It takes only zee one good ball.

Hey that's MY pickup line, get your own!

#73 4 months ago

YouTube link of the BSD Final match with the 15 minute malfunction wait time edited out:

#74 4 months ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

I'd still be pretty pissed if I were Daniele, he was crushing it on ball one when the flippers died; let alone what his carry-over bats would have been for his remaining balls, which would have been close to 1.2 billion right there if I recall correctly.
    Needless to say, it was exciting to watch.

He was almost choosing surf n safari, but at last minute he changed his mind so... at his own risk :p

#75 4 months ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

YouTube link of the BSD Final match with the 15 minute malfunction wait time edited out:

But that was the best part!

#76 4 months ago
    Quoted from Edenecho:

He was almost choosing surf n safari, but at last minute he changed his mind so... at his own risk :p

couldnt have picked a better last game.. all the emotion of bsd just added to the status of the final game!

#77 4 months ago
    Quoted from Edenecho:

No, he just laid down a paper of all the available machines on surf n safari. He never wanted to play that game.
    He took his time to make the choice. Commentairy saw him in front of the machine and assumed he picked it.
    Daniele played Dracula already earlier in the play offs.

#78 4 months ago

Got around to watching just the last game last night... holy crap. I've never even scored a single THIR-TEE-MIEEEEEEEELION (no reliable access to a BSD... ), and even I can tell that was insanity. I think the best I've ever seen on any BSD in person was about 1.5b.

#79 4 months ago

Hi guys,

I'm Jim Lindsay from JDL_PINBALL - we streamed IFPA16 - awesome event !!
    Don't think I've posted to here before but this looks like a great thread

Just to let you all know that all the IFPA16 videos (elite 8, final 4, final and final game) are on YouTube.

Basically, after each event, I video edit the recordings to just the games themselves and upload.
    This saves people watching hours not playing

I have also just upload:

Epstein Cup
    Day 1 qualification Rounds 1-6
    Day 2 7-8 & final rounds 1,2,3

That completes all videos for IFPA16 - please SUBSCRIBE if you like them.

All these have a game index feature in the information section.
    Click the time links to go straight to each game.
    (Only available on PC, not sure about a IOS or Android)

Cheers!!!

#80 4 months ago
    Quoted from jdlindsay:

Hi guys,
    I'm Jim Lindsay from JDL_PINBALL - we streamed IFPA16 - awesome event !!
    Don't think I've posted to here before but this looks like a great thread
    Just to let you all know that all the IFPA16 videos (elite 8, final 4, final and final game) are on YouTube.
    Basically, after each event, I video edit the recordings to just the games themselves and upload.
    This saves people watching hours not playing
    I have also just upload:
    Epstein Cup
    Day 1 qualification Rounds 1-6
    Day 2 7-8 & final rounds 1,2,3
    That completes all videos for IFPA16 - please SUBSCRIBE if you like them.
    All these have a game index feature in the information section.
    Click the time links to go straight to each game.
    (Only available on PC, not sure about a IOS or Android)
    Cheers!!!

Super work Lindsay.... thank god you got it on video... This will be remembered for a long time. I actually dont think that final and all that happening it will be repeated ever.. Loved the reaction from the mrs after the event was completed too!

#81 4 months ago
    Quoted from Aquasat:

No, he just laid down a paper of all the available machines on surf n safari. He never wanted to play that game.
    He took his time to make the choice. Commentairy saw him in front of the machine and assumed he picked it.
    Daniele played Dracula already earlier in the play offs.

Ah okay, thanks for clarification

#82 4 months ago

That was easily the most incredible comeback I have ever seen. The way he just hit those Castle jackpots practically on command made it seem so effortless.

This is the level of pinball I dream of playing, and it happens maybe once a year.

#83 4 months ago
    Quoted from NPO:

This is the level of pinball I dream of playing, and it happens maybe once a year.

yep...
    about Johannes, it happend quite on each game !!!
    as a friend of mine was saying elsewhere (salut Phil), may be he's Neo !?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 18.95
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 5,800.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 27.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Lee's Parts
    $ 96.77
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 20.00
    There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside