1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by holminone
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“The Matrix vs Harry Potter”

• The Matrix 62 votes
      47%
    • Harry Potter 59 votes
      44%
    • Neither 12 votes
      9%

(133 votes by 132 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

81lAPl9Fl0L (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Battle of the heavy weights themes. Which title would you rather have?

#2 1 year ago

Working now

#3 1 year ago

Easy potter ! The world under the glass could be crazy

#4 1 year ago

Either would be fantastic! Easy sellers, perfect for home use, and great for operators.

Licensing...as always...will be the issue.

#5 1 year ago

HP, especially if they get the complete license.

With the right team of designer, coder and artist, it could be one of the most incredible machines ever.

#6 1 year ago

Matrix is a weird title that's both not new or old enough for me. The first is an all time classic, but I still Remeber how bad the next 2 where that ruined the whole thing. If I bump into the OG I def still watch some though. But I really have 0 interest the entire package though .
    Harvey Potter I only saw the first 3, maybe 4, and never got back into it. I knewm they couldn't out do Azkaban. I think the idea and themes are fun and interesting though and it would interest me more though.
    Not really pumped aboot either but I always got time for some wizards and shit.

#7 1 year ago

Pretty close out of the gate. I think matrix would make the better pin for the excitement action factor.

#8 1 year ago

Zero interest in Harry Potter.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Matrix is a weird title that's both not new or old enough for me. The first is an all time classic, but I still Remeber how bad the next 2 where that ruined the whole thing. If I bump into the OG I def still watch some though. But I really have 0 interest the entire package though .

All of this.

#10 1 year ago

If you're clamoring for Harry Potter, don't get your hopes up for Daniel Radcliffe & Emma Watson. Probably gonna look like this:

81lAPl9Fl0L (resized).jpg

#11 1 year ago

The fact the HP is almost tied with The Matrix is really sad.

#12 1 year ago

Voted HP because my wife has already green lit the buy if it ever happens.

I like both franchises though and would be excited to see either.

#13 1 year ago

Matrix over HP, but I'd rather see Wayne's World or Idiocracy

#14 1 year ago

I was going to vote Matrix; I don’t really like HP.. but thinking about it I think it would make a better game. Think of the sales potential!

#15 1 year ago

HP. For crying out loud it has it's own theme park. It still grabs the fascination of kids and adults alike. I've recently been doing the series with my 10 year old daughter after watching it through with my sons who are now 15 and 16. They are still great movies even years later and knowing what's going to happen. It would be a likely insta-buy if JJP did it right.

#16 1 year ago

The Matrix is a cooler pinside theme. Potter would be approximately 10,000 times better on location and would be one of the easiest pin purchases to sell the family on in history.

#17 1 year ago

One is a series that had one great movie followed by a confusing one and then a bad one.
    The other is a series that basically made the same movie over and over with little distinction between them and none of the movies really being that great.

I think I'd rather have the Matrix pinball overall but it's pretty close, neither are high on my list.

#18 1 year ago

For me matrix is a dream theme never was big harry potter fan but it's still a good theme.

#19 1 year ago

For the most part, I thought the HP movies were pretty bad. The books were much better than the movies. The special effects were good but the acting of the main character kids was not that good. They had terrific actors as the adult characters but for some reason, they went out of their way to portray all of the adults, including the main ones like McGonigal and Dumbledore as bumbling fools. It was not nearly that bad in the books. I know it is supposed to be for kids but the adults have to/want to watch as well. Along this line the Fantastic Beasts movie was much better. Of course, no kids to try to prop up.
    The Harry Potter themed pin that people in the know are hinting at may be based on the Fantastic Beasts movie series. I don't know. Just a thought.

#20 1 year ago

If JJP did Harry Potter like Hobbit as far as theme integration goes, give me Harry Potter all day.

#21 1 year ago

If the HP pin is based off fantastic beasts, I’m out. I dislike that movie series and couldn’t even finish the first one. The hard part is I don’t doubt it would be. With the way the license is moving I bet Rowling has less control over fantastic beasts so they’d make that a pin :/ ugh

I love both themes be a hard choice!

#22 1 year ago

Matrix plz.

#23 1 year ago

HP. But the art should follow the original books and the stories are so epic they should build two machines like books 1-4 and 5-7. And I am the biggest matrix fan there is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 279.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 8,999.00
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 22.50
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 140.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    € 6.50
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 149.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 150.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Republic Of Pinball
    $ 9.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 29.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside