(Topic ID: 242367)

The Matrix pinball petition thread

By KornFreak28

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5456 (resized).jpeg
    FC7C7F3F-6CA6-48AD-AAE2-0A2D0A1516EB (resized).jpeg
    A70F0973-20BE-4D3E-AC50-DB0C6C13E34F (resized).png
    7D5A0CE9-F539-4FFB-A23D-EBE173E88727 (resized).jpeg
    F68AC306-AEDF-4A27-ACA2-0543D479B5DF (resized).jpeg
    E0684774-4D74-4021-BD1A-4EAB5F80BA19 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    download (resized).jpg
    A5D6E336-07D8-427F-B753-D85C1C1DEA4C (resized).jpeg

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

I would like to use this thread as The Official Pinside petition thread for JJP, AP, CGC or Stern to seriously consider The Matrix as a possible pinball machine in the near future.

The Matrix is a highly desirable title and it would make for a killer pinball machine! I’ll be the first to sign! Lots of cool ideas in the link below

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-the-matrix-pin-ever-become-a-reality/page/3#post-4980092

KornFreak28

#2 4 years ago

If it's jjp, cgc or AP, take my money.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

If it's jjp, cgc or AP, take my money.

Why, whats wrong with Stern making it?

#4 4 years ago

Yes!!!! Would definitely buy a matrix pin.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I think Stern wouldn’t give it the proper treatment but anything is better than nothing!

#6 4 years ago

So funny... watched the movie last week and was thinking the same thing.... how is this not a pin already?

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

So funny... watched the movie last week and was thinking the same thing.... how is this not a pin already?

#8 4 years ago

As long as it wasn't Stern, I would consider it. I was ready to buy Deadpool but after the weenie family friendly game Stern put out, I doubt they could do The Matrix justice.

Ch!st, the least they could have done was make an adult setting for Deadpool

QSS

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

It will just end up being another "less than" widget in their sales catalog. No one wants that.

#10 4 years ago

Grail pin. I literally use the online handle for other forums as, “the architect”

#11 4 years ago

Pinnovating did the game justice! Certainly wouldn’t mind seeing another manufacturer take a shot at it!

A5D6E336-07D8-427F-B753-D85C1C1DEA4C (resized).jpegA5D6E336-07D8-427F-B753-D85C1C1DEA4C (resized).jpeg
    #12 4 years ago
    Quoted from rlslick:

Pinnovating did the game justice! Certainly wouldn’t mind seeing another manufacturer take a shot at it!
    [quoted image]

That they did, came out sharp for sure. Jjp would kill this game but deeproot sounds like they’re the ones with the stones to take a shot like that.

#13 4 years ago

$20k by christmas.

#14 4 years ago

Are LE's for this already sold out ??? But yeah I would love someone to make a Matrix! A red and blue pill edition, one in and one out of the matrix, completely different art/layout/rules, network connectivity between them, folks would have to get 2 of them..

#15 4 years ago

I don’t understand why nobody wants to take a shot at this game? They would make a KILLING!

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from rlslick:

[quoted image]

Quoted from rlslick:

[quoted image]

It sure looks nice! Matrix offers all the right ingredients to make an awesome pinball machine! Subways, trains, Smith, The Merovingian, The key maker, Morpheus and the Oracle telling you what mode must be done next!

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

It sure looks nice! Matrix offers all the right ingredients to make an awesome pinball machine! Subways, trains, Smith, The Merovingian, The key maker, Morpheus and the Oracle telling you what mode must be done next!

You had me until "The Merovingian." Pretty much everything after the original movie is dead-end, poorly executed crap. The first Matrix that they stole (I still believe that crazy chick was ripped off by them) was visionary. When they had to write the follow-ups themselves, it showed up their lack of talent as storytellers.

#18 4 years ago

Who’s to say someone’s not working on it? As much as I agree it would be an awesome pin (and the rethemed jm’s Are already sweeet!) — I don’t think starting a petition on pinside is going to suddenly make a manufacturer put it next on their upcoming games.

I’m sure they’ve mulled over a million themes. Maybe there’s rights issues with it or just to many other good themes? This year WOULD be the 20th anniversary so it would be a good year for the reveal if a manufctr WAS going to build it.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

This year WOULD be the 20th anniversary so it would be a good year for the reveal if a manufctr WAS going to build it.

#20 4 years ago

I would be all-in on a Matrix pin. Great theme with endless possibilities if modes, multiballs, animations, etc.

Sign me up.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I would be all-in on a Matrix pin. Great theme with endless possibilities if modes, multiballs, animations, etc.
    Sign me up.

Thanks for the positivity!

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

I think Stern wouldn’t give it the proper treatment but anything is better than nothing!

Quoted from PinMonk:

It will just end up being another "less than" widget in their sales catalog. No one wants that.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Bare playfields, and plastic standup images are not what I have in mind. Stern games are fun, dont get me wrong, but Star Wars could have been so much more and the matrix needs to be done right.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

but Star Wars could have been so much more and the matrix needs to be done right.

Ok, but SW is a great game. Theme, layout and rules thats all I care about, toys and molded plastic crap, who cares? I actually prefer more of an open concept than loaded world under the glass style but if thats someones thing then I get it. BK3 is pretty baron but man the gameplay and fun factor are off the charts.

#25 4 years ago

Matrix movies were confusing to me, I need a cliff notes version. But hey I do that with lots of movies, always asking my wife "what the heck is going on???" She just shrugs.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Ok, but SW is a great game. Theme, layout and rules thats all I care about, toys and molded plastic crap, who cares? I actually prefer more of an open concept than loaded world under the glass style but if thats someones thing then I get it. BK3 is pretty baron but man the gameplay and fun factor are off the charts.

I don’t disagree with you on Star Wars, but it could have been a lot more. It’s not just toys and molded plastics, it’s all the mechanisms and unique shots and how everything interacts. Games like potc, woz, dialed in and Oktoberfest are more of what I have in mind.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:Bare playfields, and plastic standup images are not what I have in mind. Stern games are fun, dont get me wrong, but Star Wars could have been so much more and the matrix needs to be done right.

Star Wars is actually my favorite pin right now. Its like crazy challenging. I was about to sell mine too before I realized that its like one of the best games in my collection. Fast, action packed, lighting, sounds, movie clips.. awesome game.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Games like potc, woz, dialed in and Oktoberfest are more of what I have in mind.

I knew that. Well at least we all get something we want. Matrix should be fast and smooth, the stop and go style would kill it for me.

#29 4 years ago

If there ever will be a Matrix pin, I would assume it would come out after the new movie does. Word on the street is that they are doing a prequel at some point.

#30 4 years ago

I'm in blind if JJP does it...

#31 4 years ago

Seems like a pretty no brainer theme. Id be fine with stern doing it, but would like to see JJP do a non-crap theme for once..

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I'm in blind if JJP does it...

Same here! I just feel JJP has the right touch for a pin like this

#33 4 years ago

Give me Fifth Element

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Give me Fifth Element

+1 for Fifth Element.... I even named my youngest son Corbin after Korben Dallas.

As for Matrix.... first one only please.... let's pretend the sequels never happened.

#35 4 years ago

Need more signatures!

#36 4 years ago

Sign me up I would love a Matrix pinball such an awesome theme.

#37 4 years ago

I’d be in on a matrix pin. Loved the first movie, 2 and 3 were ok. I’d be cool with a pin based off the first movie.

#38 4 years ago

I'd be 100% in on a Matrix pin. If it was JJP I'd be in for #12 SE.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from BobT:

I'd be 100% in on a Matrix pin. If it was JJP I'd be in for #12 SE.

We are going to need you to buy at least 2

#40 4 years ago

I would buy a CE!!!!

#41 4 years ago

Ass-kickin' idea for a theme. Even better if they can secure some of the music rights, especially Rage Against the Machine. I might actually consider my first NIB if this ever happens.

#42 4 years ago

Petition. Yeah. That'll do it.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

Petition. Yeah. That'll do it.

.... pinball developer wants to know what his next theme would be... goes to the premier pinball enthusiast site, and sees a huge demand for a theme... Pretty easy market research if you ask me.

Or we could just leave it to the developers to decide on their own that Thunderbirds would be an awesome pinball theme.

#44 4 years ago

Ice

Quoted from Scorch:

.... pinball developer wants to know what his next theme would be... goes to the premier pinball enthusiast site, and sees a huge demand for a theme... Pretty easy market research if you ask me.
    Or we could just leave it to the developers to decide on their own that Thunderbirds would be an awesome pinball theme.

You know...that would be genius marketing: put a poll out on a pin website or at several trade shows and see what people wanted...then make it. Genius.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

Thanks for the negativity!

#46 4 years ago

Never liked the movies but if pin made hopes it’s fun

#47 4 years ago

I hope your dream theme gets made and its a good game.

* * *MODS and Robin. . .FOR THE LOVE OF GOD put a drain button next to the thread title so one doesn't have to click on the thread to drain it! * * *

I'll see my way out the door. Punish me if you wish.

#48 4 years ago

Take the ce number 12

#49 4 years ago

Im in, easy!

#50 4 years ago

Hope JJP makes it as it's another theme I'm not interested for in buying... :p

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-matrix-pinball-petition-thread?hl=zukram and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.