photo 1-5-644.JPG
IMG_20131209_181956_266-209.jpg
IMG_20131107_181848_014.jpg
image-66.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_20131020_133347_646.jpg
IMG_2582.JPG
DSC06461.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Prefect.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#478 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

My biggest issue with this game (Matrix) and Pinnovating in general is their complete lack of interest in getting their game to the masses. They have no desire to sell the code or additional games (I threw a number at them of $2500 for the code alone and got zero response). It seems they're so paranoid about the code getting out that they've resigned themselves to making a handful of games and letting it die there. I can't even get a confirmation on how many games they built and where they went (I've heard 10 and they're done?) Just extremely disappointing.

It was done backwards. The guys who did the Predator machine did it the right way. They got the rights to the theme and made a machine with the intent to put it into production. The matrix machine is a JM retheme ,which brings its own headaches (you have to get a JM and kill a JM to make a matrix and JM is a pretty good machine), and they never acquired the Matrix theme rights. They can't release the code because it violates copy rights and if it is released, they can't control it. The problem is that they never did it the right way because they never thought it would be as good as it was. Best case scenario, Skit-B or some boutique acquires the rights and they hire these guys to engineer the pinball machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Prefect.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-matrix-pinball-machine-pinnovating?tu=Prefect and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.