photo 1-5-644.JPG
IMG_20131209_181956_266-209.jpg
IMG_20131107_181848_014.jpg
image-66.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_20131020_133347_646.jpg
IMG_2582.JPG
DSC06461.JPG
There are 547 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
#51 11 years ago

F Word!! That is sick!! Me want!!

#52 11 years ago

Bravo. This is absolutely amazing. JM was on my wish list. F that, Matrix is on my want list. This is un f'ng believable!

1 week later
#53 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Can you give us any insight into how easy/difficult it was to work with PROC and what API you used?

I had no programming skills worth mentioning when I started working on the Demolition Man on Steriods. I had help from a friend who had more experience who learned me some basics (I have a background in music programming though). After that it was mostly spending about 800+ hours to finish DMoS and got a level of awareness of the consequences a rule does in respect of what you want it to do and what side effects it may or may not cause.

As the Matrix also took me again more than 800 hours, I build om my experience from the DMoS and took it to the next level with a different approach of where to start and what to do first. Where the DMoS had about 15k/20k of lines of programming the Matrix has more than 30k. The DMD with all the changing/scrolling score digits took quite some rule lines, also with the upper and lower progress bars in combination with a single or multiplayer mode. In case of the Matrix is was more the depth of the effects and the depth of the rules in combination with a lot of testing and timing that took the most of my time, instead of understanding why a lamp or rule wasn't triggered because of a faulty/uncomplete programming line.

Don't underestimate the time it takes to get all the sound/voice samples out of the movie and mastering them to the appropiate levels. Same goes for editing and finding the music and programming the lamp/flasher effects, timing it all together to something neat that also matches to your expectation.

All it takes to fire up your machine on PROC is the PROC board replacing the MPU and a decent dedicated computer. The less you got on your computer regarding internet/antivirus and tons of programs and history, the less demanding the computer specs need to be. I had the Matrix running on a clean installed duo-core 2.0ghz with 2gb of memory during the Dutch Pinball Open and the Belgium Pinball Open. I programmed it on a duo-core 3.0ghz with 8gb of memory. All sounds in WAV format, but AIFF does the job as well (maybe even better regarding to looping). It works on Windows XP tp Windows7. No experience with Win8.

#54 11 years ago

nice job! it's projects like these that really make me appreciate what can be done in this little hobby of ours

2 weeks later
#55 11 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Bravo. This is absolutely amazing. JM was on my wish list. F that, Matrix is on my want list. This is un f'ng believable!

Just snagged me a JM. A Matrix retheme kit would be #$#@$ amazing

#56 11 years ago

Outstanding!!!

#57 11 years ago

Very cool thanks for sharing this with us. I hope that there may be kits made available in the future I know more then a few pinheads would be interested on getting their hands on it.

#58 11 years ago

We have made a paper craft model of the matrix pinball

If you want it you can download it at www.zazama.nl

Have fun.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#59 11 years ago

I was one of the lucky guys who played this machine on the Dutch Pinball Open last year! This machine playes f***ing great. Dennis really thought out the modes to match the movie. It playes really fast and due to the hand which is controlled automatic instead of by hand the pin is 10 times faster than the JM software makes it. I allready told Dennis I would like to have one as well..... Think Dennis en Gerard can start a new pinball factory

#60 11 years ago

Wish I new if there where plans to make some sort of kit? I have the option of getting one soon or another Pin. hmmmm

#61 11 years ago

I want one!

#62 11 years ago

Wow, I really want one of these right next to my Matrix Pachinko machine!

#63 11 years ago

Absolutely amazing. Great job, man!

1 month later
#64 11 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#65 11 years ago

That is wicked awesome! If you ever want to sell it, call me!

#66 11 years ago

I think the art package and light show are very top notch and professional.
I think the background music could use a little more frequent change up.
I also think that connecting animations to a game mode would be crazy good.

I am unsure the work it would take to do either just stating where I think it can improve.

Overall amazingly cool project. Turned out very well.

#67 11 years ago

I bought a Jm just incase I need it to convert to the matrix

#68 11 years ago

The raining numbers for the score was a neat idea! Awesome job!

1 week later
#69 11 years ago

After this, there is no turning back...The Matrix #2 is officially "Work in Progress"

image.jpgimage.jpg

#70 11 years ago

The more the merrier!

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from Peer:

After this, there is no turning back...The Matrix #2 is officially "Work in Progress"

I think you guys need a production line for this one! I have not purchased a NIB pin since LOTR but I can tell you right now that I would put a deposit down on one of these tomorrow.

#72 11 years ago

I wish I lived closer.

#73 11 years ago

The most essential toy in the Matrix is almost finished.
We found a 3D artist who is making a NebuchadnezzaR toy.
It wil be placed where the "hand" from the Johnny Mnemonic used to be.

Only the cockpit/nose has been created.
There is no place for the whole ship.
The magnet wil be intergrated in the ship as the hand did in the JM.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#74 11 years ago

Well, no reactions on the 3D toy so far. (-;

We will show you some animations this week.

Pherhaps you will scream and shout, and let it al out.

#75 11 years ago

I posted on your FB but I suppose maybe you'll look here sooner. Once you have this toy in game you should implement a EMP Pulse in one of the game modes. Possibly have the LEDs pulse on the model, then have the play field lights go out in a concentric pattern like in the film (when the pulse kills the sentinels). This could be the ending of a multiball or something too. Just a thought. Great work on this, I wish I could play it at the Pinball Showdown.

#77 11 years ago

JM is my currently the tops on my favourite pinball game.

1 week later
#78 11 years ago

I need to watch the matrix again!!!

I heard people thought the matrix played better than WOZ nice I'm very excited and the toy looks good!! More toys?!?!

#79 11 years ago

Man, if there was ever a machine that was screaming out for the DMD to be swapped for a green one ...

#80 11 years ago

Enjoy (-;

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from Peer:

» YouTube video
Enjoy (-;

What amazing animation!

#82 11 years ago

I know I am way late on this one, but that machine is sick and worthy of serious praise! Well done. Would love to play and would be proud to own. People like you and those that helped only make the pinball disease worsen - well done all!

#83 11 years ago

Is this a one off or is this amazing pinball going into production

#84 11 years ago

This is fantastic. True fans would recognize that the music is from the Animatrix...

Very very well done, I would love to have one myself.

#85 11 years ago

Simply Amazing!!!!!!
Goed werk hoor

#86 11 years ago

Amazing work! I love JM but not the theme, making it into The Matrix is a perfect marriage. Thats a game I would want to own. Lets convert them all!

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Is this a one off or is this amazing pinball going into production

I don't now.
But if we do, do you guys have enough money for a big lobowski and a The Matrix? (-;

We are almost finishd whit this one.
Animation are almost done.
Next week the 3d toy wil be printed.

I'll keep u informed.
Check out facebook.com/pinnovating for more info

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Amazing work! I love JM but not the theme, making it into The Matrix is a perfect marriage. Thats a game I would want to own. Lets convert them all!

Agree. I have a JM in good shape and like it but seeing Reeves face plastered all over it stinks. But to have the pin converted into that ? WOW ! Sign me up !!!!

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Simply Amazing!!!!!!
Goed werk hoor

seems like you only live an hour away from me. if you want come around for a few games.

Gerard

#90 11 years ago

This would be a sick kit.

#91 11 years ago

I'll put money upfront to get this pin into production!!!!! Let's do this!!!

#92 11 years ago

We are considering attending the 2013 Pinball Expo in Chicago coming October 16-20. Things look promising getting the Matrix machine abroad, although a lot of stuff has to be checked. We'll keep you posted on that.
Find enclosed the beginning of the Trinity mode.

#93 11 years ago

<Watches latest videos>

You know (pinball) kung-fu.
Show me more.

#94 11 years ago

We will show you the super kung fu combo this week (-;

#95 11 years ago

that is amazing, I would love to have this game, I loved the Trilogy!!!

#96 11 years ago

I'm in love.....

#97 11 years ago

Super Kung Fu combo.
Watch this one twice. First pay attention at the DMD.
Second time watch the diverter.

#98 11 years ago
Quoted from Peer:

Super Kung Fu combo.
Watch this one twice. First pay attention at the DMD.
Second time watch the diverter.
» YouTube video

Haha that is very cool!!!

#99 11 years ago

man i want this game!!! This is the best home made pinball i have ever seen, I loved the Evil Dead/Army of darkness one, but this is simply incredible, and the theme is so good!!!

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from Profgrif:

man i want this game!!! This is the best home made pinball i have ever seen, I loved the Evil Dead/Army of darkness one, but this is simply incredible, and the theme is so good!!!

Thnx

I hope we can show it to you guys at the Expo (Chicago).
Tickets and hotel room has been booked. now let's find out how we get the machine over there.

Gerard

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 22.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 37.50
There are 547 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-matrix-pinball-machine-pinnovating/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.