photo 1-5-644.JPG
IMG_20131209_181956_266-209.jpg
IMG_20131107_181848_014.jpg
image-66.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_20131020_133347_646.jpg
IMG_2582.JPG
DSC06461.JPG
There are 547 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
#501 9 years ago

I'm so over this.....so a one off, great! The licensing trolls are seriously ruining the modding spirit.

No one will ever do anything with this IP but hey don't touch or will send you letter!

#502 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

The licensing trolls are seriously ruining the modding spirit.

Not sure they are trolls, but those that own IP for movies and TV, want a reasonable return on their efforts. Most understand they won't make much money on licensing for pinball, but they still want a minimum guaranteed amount since despite what many think, there is a real cost to them to license their IP. They still have to review and approve every single thing that is uses the IP in the game (and in some cases the actors do as well), there are legal costs, finance costs, administrative costs, etc. and they want some return on that investment of resources, since there is an opportunity cost. So doing a re-theme kit, of a licensed property of this type, would be very hard to do. Based on the number of units of this you might be able to sell, you are probably looking at a licensing cost of $250 to $500 a kit.

#503 9 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Not sure they are trolls, but those that own IP for movies and TV, want a reasonable return on their efforts. Most understand they won't make much money on licensing for pinball, but they still want a minimum guaranteed amount since despite what many think, there is a real cost to them to license their IP. They still have to review and approve every single thing that is uses the IP in the game (and in some cases the actors do as well), there are legal costs, finance costs, administrative costs, etc. and they want some return on that investment of resources, since there is an opportunity cost. So doing a re-theme kit, of a licensed property of this type, would be very hard to do. Based on the number of units of this you might be able to sell, you are probably looking at a licensing cost of $250 to $500 a kit.

I understand what you're saying and that it is what it is. But to me, once an IP has earned HUGE profits they should just "turn the other cheek" on piddly little small market hobby stuff......across the board. But god forbid they miss the opportunity to grab another nickle.

The Matrix franchise has earned $1,632,989,142.

Of course the Star Wars franchise has earned over $27,000,000,000 and now that Disney has a lock on it, it will be even harder for anyone to produce Star Wars items. They paid 4.05 billion.....and that was a steal considering just Star Wars toys and games brought in 1.5 billion last year alone! OK.......now I'm just rambling.

#504 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

There are ways around everything. Allow me to make a "donation" to Pinnovating ... and perhaps they can just "share" the code with me as a thank you and I sign something to guarantee I don't share it with anyone else. I just want to play the code/game.

I definitely get your desire to play what looks to be an awesome game (and to get a copy of the code). I think the issue for Pinnovating is they've likely already skated up to (and perhaps well over) the fair use exception with this project. For personal use, there's a fair amount of leeway. Distributing a product incorporating someone else's IP without permission (even as a legitimate gift, and not a "gift" in exchange for an obviously bogus "donation") likely puts you on the wrong side of the law. If they've heard from WB (or just realized that their initial approach could lead to legal trouble) I get why they wouldn't want to distribute any further copies of the code.

Looking at things from another perspective, it's also possible that the current owners were told that only X copies would be made, and might be upset if Pinnovating facilitated additional copies being created.

1 month later
#505 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I definitely get your desire to play what looks to be an awesome game (and to get a copy of the code). I think the issue for Pinnovating is they've likely already skated up to (and perhaps well over) the fair use exception with this project. For personal use, there's a fair amount of leeway. Distributing a product incorporating someone else's IP without permission (even as a legitimate gift, and not a "gift" in exchange for an obviously bogus "donation") likely puts you on the wrong side of the law. If they've heard from WB (or just realized that their initial approach could lead to legal trouble) I get why they wouldn't want to distribute any further copies of the code.
Looking at things from another perspective, it's also possible that the current owners were told that only X copies would be made, and might be upset if Pinnovating facilitated additional copies being created.

So, the best way around that maybe to write code automates the stripping process. They have to go buy the DVDs and soundtracks themselves and personally strip the IP material? Sort of like what MAME does.

3 months later
#506 9 years ago

Just a few weeks before the Chicago Expo kicks off again.
We had a blast last year and will be joining the party again this year.
If someone is interested in getting a Matrix translite there, send me a pm.
Hope to see you there!

5 months later
#507 9 years ago

Ok - it doesn't look like it - but I have to ask - is this JM remake available as a kit?

#508 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Ok - it doesn't look like it - but I have to ask - is this JM remake available as a kit?

Nope

1 month later
#510 8 years ago

I love the sound track in this game, played good at the Chicago Pinball Expo

#511 8 years ago
Quoted from Peer:

Skills....
» YouTube video

Stamina ......

#512 8 years ago

I rarely can pull this off on my matrix, but when I do it feels so good!
But peer is still the master of backflip on the matrix.

#513 8 years ago
Quoted from Peer:

Skills....
» YouTube video

I never even knew!! I wish I would of tried it when I owned jm.

#514 8 years ago
Quoted from Prefect:

It was done backwards. The guys who did the Predator machine did it the right way. They got the rights to the theme and made a machine with the intent to put it into production. The matrix machine is......and they never acquired the Matrix theme rights. They can't release the code because it violates copy rights and if it is released, they can't control it. The problem is that they never did it the right way because they never thought it would be as good as it was. Best case scenario, Skit-B or some boutique acquires the rights and they hire these guys to engineer the pinball machine.

Uhmmmm....nevermind.

#515 8 years ago

The Holy Grail of my collection! The best looking pin ever!!!

#516 8 years ago
Quoted from Peer:

Skills....
» YouTube video

tease

1 week later
#517 8 years ago

Had a great game on the matrix yesterday and finished the agent smith mode using the backhand to left loop technique 5 times in a row as demonstrated by peer, ultimate thrill and joy.

finished with a 1,2 billion score good for highscore 3.

#518 8 years ago

One of the cooler rethemes out there.

#519 8 years ago

Would LOVE to see this game made available as a kit.

Pinnovating....make it happen!

#520 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Would LOVE to see this game made available as a kit.
Pinnovating....make it happen!

I am confused as to why they wouldn't seek a kit license? This would be huge.

#521 8 years ago

As a proud owner of a JM, I'd turn it into MATRIX in a blink of an eye!

#522 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Because you don't just go out and buy a license and you're done. The entire artwork approval process is a lengthy one and the entire game would likely have to be redone.

Aside from that, they've built a handful of these and sold them at a premium based on that low production number. They can't screw over the folks they sold those to by suddenly producing a larger number. Pinnovating has made it more than clear this project is done. No "kits" ever. Stick a fork in it. If you do get a chance to play one of the handful of these that are out there (about 10?) consider yourself lucky. It was a very well done retheme.

#523 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

licensing costs I suppose. The kit would probably cost more than a JM :/

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

As a proud owner of a JM, I'd turn it into MATRIX in a blink of an eye!

I held onto JM in hopes it would happen....but I didn't think it would, so I sold it :/ Great game originally, but odd theme. The Matrix theme would be killer. I'd love if they could actually make the game from scratch and sell I love the matrix.

#524 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I held onto JM in hopes it would happen....but I didn't think it would, so I sold it :/ Great game originally, but odd theme. The Matrix theme would be killer. I'd love if they could actually make the game from scratch and sell I love the matrix.

Yeah... JM has a great game but what bothers me most is the overall look of the cabinet and translite..... I'm currently looking for an alternate translite for mine!

I consider MATRIX the second best movie franchise/trilogy ever! STAR WARS being the first!

#525 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Yeah... JM has a great game but what bothers me most is the overall look of the cabinet and translite..... I'm currently looking for an alternate translite for mine!
I consider MATRIX the second best movie franchise/trilogy ever! Star Wars being the first!

Just get the matrix translite People were confused when they played mine...but it looks good and well...besides the dolphin noise, the translite still works with the theme.

#526 8 years ago

I was holding out for a little while but gave up over a year ago. Traded JM for JP and then traded JP for an Apollo 13.....I'm happy.

#527 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

...besides the dolphin noise, the translite still works with the theme.

Fixed that:There is no dolphin.jpgThere is no dolphin.jpg

#528 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I consider MATRIX the second best movie franchise/trilogy ever! Star Wars being the first!

I don't think there's an alternate trans. Is there?

#529 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I don't think there's an alternate trans. Is there?

Unfotunately never seen one either, but hope never dies!

#530 8 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

Fixed that:There is no dolphin.jpg

LOL!

#531 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Unfotunately never seen one either, but hope never dies!

Yeah, I would love an alternate translight too - I hate how dark the JM one is.

#532 8 years ago

There will never ever be a kitt, but as i'm opening the Dutch Pinball Museum this summer in Rotterdam (if nothing goes wrong with the rental contract in the following weeks) you can play it as it wil be on display in the museum.

Check out facebook/dutchpinballmuseum for more info to come.
Just some dutch text now but i will keep you posted in al kinda languages (-;
Probably the Kill Bill Will make his launching party here when it's done.

Regards, Gerard van de Sanden

4 months later
#533 8 years ago

Recently somebody contacted me about buying my the matrix pinball machine.
Told him to make me an offer but he never did.
But this got me thinking about selling the matrix, not in a rush to sell it but just curious if somebody is interested in buying my the matrix pinball machine and make me a serious offer.

#534 8 years ago
Quoted from Chuckie:

But this got me thinking about selling the matrix, not in a rush to sell it but just curious if somebody is interested in buying my the matrix pinball machine and make me a serious offer.

Would you send it to Brazil?

#535 8 years ago

Yes I can ship worldwide but I will say this: if you want it shipped you have to trust me because I will only ship when payment is made.
People in the dutch pinball community know me and some probably will vouch for me but that does still mean that you have to trust that I am a honorable seller.

#536 8 years ago
Quoted from Chuckie:

Yes I can ship worldwide but I will say this: if you want it shipped you have to trust me because I will only ship when payment is made.
People in the dutch pinball community know me and some probably will vouch for me but that does still mean that you have to trust that I am a honorable seller.

Well, have any idea on the shipping costs?

#537 8 years ago
Quoted from Chuckie:

that does still mean that you have to trust that I am a honorable seller.

As long as your name isn't Kevin!

#538 8 years ago

not really sure on shipping cost but if you are really interested that is something we can find out easyly.

@grumpy
The big difference is that the matrix is already build

#539 8 years ago

I was thinking about the other Kevin!

#540 8 years ago

I've still got Matrix prints available for sale. Drop a line!

matrix.jpgmatrix.jpg

#541 8 years ago

Then I don't know who you are revering too.

#542 8 years ago
Quoted from Chuckie:

4 years later
#545 3 years ago
Quoted from Peer:

There will never ever be a kitt, but as i'm opening the Dutch Pinball Museum this summer in Rotterdam (if nothing goes wrong with the rental contract in the following weeks) you can play it as it wil be on display in the museum.
Check out facebook/dutchpinballmuseum for more info to come.
Just some dutch text now but i will keep you posted in al kinda languages (-;
Probably the Kill Bill Will make his launching party here when it's done.
Regards, Gerard van de Sanden

So did it end Up in rotterdam..hoe expemsive can it get to retheme a machine i have a real good for a great movie noones ever done like matrix What would be min to retheme basically what u guys did...so bad ass tbsyre coming out w another have either wachowski seen ur game? My boy works for them in sound

9 months later
#547 3 years ago

I would think with pinflation and the going rate for a list WPCs that kits for conversions would easily sell in the 6k range

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.50
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 547 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-matrix-pinball-machine-pinnovating/page/11?hl=tiltboss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.