photo 1-5-644.JPG
IMG_20131209_181956_266-209.jpg
IMG_20131107_181848_014.jpg
image-66.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_20131020_133347_646.jpg
IMG_2582.JPG
DSC06461.JPG

There are 547 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
#451 10 years ago

Saw this thing in action while Gomez played it at Chicago expo. Freakin Awesome!!!!!!! If they get rights i think the Matrix movie sales would go up.

#452 10 years ago

Is this a different group of people doing another matrix machine or are they working with the pinovating guys?

#453 10 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

Is this a different group of people doing another matrix machine or are they working with the pinovating guys?

From what I understand the pin is now owned by someone in the states that wisely got the Pinball Refinery crew involved in adding some very cool things to it.

#454 10 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

The Matrix team go under the name of Pinnovating.

#456 10 years ago

That's right....Buckle up... There is no escaping the Matrix.

Steve
Pinball Refinery

IMG_20131020_133347_646.jpgIMG_20131020_133347_646.jpg

1 week later
#457 10 years ago

Santa was early this year!

image-66.jpgimage-66.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg
#458 10 years ago

How do I get one of these pins, someone please PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#459 10 years ago

You must have been real sweet this year Jaap, .

Have fun!

#460 10 years ago

As you by no doubt have guessed I am morpheus.......euh I mean played a lot of games on the matrix today

#465 10 years ago

As you by no doubt have guessed I am morpheus.......euh I mean played a lot of games on the matrix today

#466 10 years ago

Only firts sentency is published ??????

#467 10 years ago

I saw the Matrix pin at Pinballrefinery last week. I won't say anthing more than it's amazing looking already and Steve is not finished. Someone needs to figure out how to make more than five of them. Matrix Refinery Editions sounds awesome to me. Can you take my preorder?

#468 10 years ago

Have to say the game is truly a work of art.
People who have seen it on the expo know how stunning the artwork is.
What truly shines in the home enviroment is the sound. The soundtrack really gets your blood pumping and is of great quality.
Quotes from the movie are plentiful and really good integrated into the gameplay.

They programmed it in such a way that the hand toy is used much less especially in single ball play (and when used it moves automatically) which really speeds up the gameplay and lets the playfield design of george gomez really shine.

The game now truly is all about flow and combos are an integrated part of the gameplay.
Of you need to take a breather and want to park a ball in the jet bumpers, this can only be done if you activate the diverter yourself with the extra flipper button present on the johnny mnemonic.

The modes are really well done and the best part: every mode is completly different.

The lock for the main multiball (neo multiball) is started with spinner switches (25) and then balls are locked in the right loop, virtual locks so still no breather there

#469 10 years ago

The neo mb is a three stage affair with a super jackpot at the end, if you lose your mb and start a new one you pick up where you left the last mb.

This is it for now, if you have any guestions, feel free to ask.

#470 10 years ago

Hey Chuckie! Congrats on this great machine! I expect some nice YouTube video's from you. The ones Peer posted were nice, but now finally we can see how The Matrix performs in the hands of the one.

#471 10 years ago
Quoted from Mantra:

I saw the Matrix pin at Pinballrefinery last week. I won't say anthing more than it's amazing looking already and Steve is not finished. Someone needs to figure out how to make more than five of them. Matrix Refinery Editions sounds awesome to me. Can you take my preorder?

I have been working on adding mods to the Matrix for a while now (and with some help from other Pinisiders) .... Here are a only a few pictures of some of these mods, more are done to this machine and still others are being made. This machine looks incredible.

photo 1-5-644.JPGphoto 1-5-644.JPGphoto 2-3-322.JPGphoto 2-3-322.JPGIMG_20131028_113505_033.jpgIMG_20131028_113505_033.jpgIMG_20131111_115214_530.jpgIMG_20131111_115214_530.jpgIMG_20131107_181848_014.jpgIMG_20131107_181848_014.jpgIMG_20131209_181956_266-209.jpgIMG_20131209_181956_266-209.jpg

#472 10 years ago

The lockdown bar looks incredible on the machine....

IMG_20131210_124322_547.jpgIMG_20131210_124322_547.jpg

#473 10 years ago

Had my friend mark over last night to play some pinball on the matrix.

I was beating him left and right, after a great game from me I said: go and play a single player game, big mistake
He played the shit out of it and reached and finished the wizard mode, the wizard mode was awesome to watch, the sound the rules the dmd animations just awesome.

Mark will now go down in history als the first person the beat the wizard mode on the matrix

#474 10 years ago

Can the OP comment on what is the latest with this?? Did you sell the rights to your software/customizations?? Are you still considering a kit? Can you make the software/graphics available to others? What is the latest?
Thanks!

2 weeks later
#475 10 years ago

Unfortunately ... no one can be told what The Matrix is ... you have to see it for yourself!

WOW ... was at Pinball Refinery tonight and got to see and play this game. Pictures ... videos ... nothing can do it justice. I saw the latest mods Hemi put on this game and it is unbelievably gorgeous. So many updates from the videos/pics previously posted on here. I wish I was allowed to post ... but alas, I cannot. But what a dream game for me. I'd be happy with just the code right now.

2 months later
#476 10 years ago

This is cool and everything but no one is tampering with my Johnny and turning him into a Matrix pinball machine. I love him just like he is. Perfect

#477 10 years ago

My biggest issue with this game (Matrix) and Pinnovating in general is their complete lack of interest in getting their game to the masses. They have no desire to sell the code or additional games (I threw a number at them of $2500 for the code alone and got zero response). It seems they're so paranoid about the code getting out that they've resigned themselves to making a handful of games and letting it die there. I can't even get a confirmation on how many games they built and where they went (I've heard 10 and they're done?) Just extremely disappointing.

#478 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

My biggest issue with this game (Matrix) and Pinnovating in general is their complete lack of interest in getting their game to the masses. They have no desire to sell the code or additional games (I threw a number at them of $2500 for the code alone and got zero response). It seems they're so paranoid about the code getting out that they've resigned themselves to making a handful of games and letting it die there. I can't even get a confirmation on how many games they built and where they went (I've heard 10 and they're done?) Just extremely disappointing.

It was done backwards. The guys who did the Predator machine did it the right way. They got the rights to the theme and made a machine with the intent to put it into production. The matrix machine is a JM retheme ,which brings its own headaches (you have to get a JM and kill a JM to make a matrix and JM is a pretty good machine), and they never acquired the Matrix theme rights. They can't release the code because it violates copy rights and if it is released, they can't control it. The problem is that they never did it the right way because they never thought it would be as good as it was. Best case scenario, Skit-B or some boutique acquires the rights and they hire these guys to engineer the pinball machine.

#479 10 years ago
Quoted from Prefect:

It was done backwards. The guys who did the Predator machine did it the right way. They got the rights to the theme and made a machine with the intent to put it into production. The matrix machine is a JM retheme ,which brings its own headaches (you have to get a JM and kill a JM to make a matrix and JM is a pretty good machine), and they never acquired the Matrix theme rights. They can't release the code because it violates copy rights and if it is released, they can't control it. The problem is that they never did it the right way because they never thought it would be as good as it was. Best case scenario, Skit-B or some boutique acquires the rights and they hire these guys to engineer the pinball machine.

There are ways around everything. Allow me to make a "donation" to Pinnovating ... and perhaps they can just "share" the code with me as a thank you and I sign something to guarantee I don't share it with anyone else. I just want to play the code/game. Any other game enhancements I'll take care of myself.

#480 10 years ago

If dutch pinball can create an entire pinball machine based off an old theme, then these guys should get with dutch pinball and make the entire game and forgo the need to convert a JM

#481 10 years ago

I think the Dutch Pinball guys are going to be busy for a couple of years.

I would assume it is not the code that is the issue, it is the graphics, both cabinet and animation that have copyright issues. There is just not enough upside (or any upside) given the risk of being sued. Even if you were innocent, the cost to defend yourself could be significant.

Not like you can sell a ton of kits, there are only so many JMs and there are plenty of people who have no desire to change it. Look at the BOP2.0 project, it is a major upgrade to the game, but you still keep you original game, and as far as I know they have not had more then a few dozen pre-orders, maybe that will change when they open it back up, but I don't expect it to be in the hundreds. I know this is not apples to apples, but the market for a 'matrix kit' is limited.

Even if they got the licensing, building the games from scratch is a massive undertaking and given the expense and effort involved, not like you are going to get a significant return on your investment of time and money. Also, who knows what other licensing issues come into play with Williams relative to any of the specialized mechs of the game.

#482 10 years ago

Personally we should all be happy this machine is out there, at all. It is incredible that these guys did this to begin with. I met these guys and they are the nicest guys you will ever meet, they had a dream to make a Matrix pinball machine and they pulled it off. Not everything has to be mass produced I find it cool that there are a very limited number of these and that I was lucky enough to play one and meet the guys that designed it. If I had the code I wouldn't release it or sell it either they worked their butts off to fulfill a dream, and were kind enough to share that with a number of people. IMO these guys owe nothing to anyone...

#483 10 years ago

I agree with the guy above. Well said!

#484 10 years ago

How much were these sold for? Why is it such a secret.

#485 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Personally we should all be happy this machine is out there, at all.

"Out there" where?? You're lucky to see it at a major show. The whole thing has turned into a major secret apparently with zero info now for the masses. I understand there are copyright concerns ... there are legitimate ways to get around that (or work within the limitations of the law.) I know I don't want them building me a machine. Just provide me the code (after I make a very nice donation to them for their time.) Is that asking too much?

#486 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

"Out there" where?? You're lucky to see it at a major show. The whole thing has turned into a major secret apparently with zero info now for the masses. I understand there are copyright concerns ... there are legitimate ways to get around that (or work within the limitations of the law.) I know I don't want them building me a machine. Just provide me the code (after I make a very nice donation to them for their time.) Is that asking too much?

I'm sure anger will surely entice them to hook you up...

#487 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I'm sure anger will surely entice them to hook you up...

You're reading anger into my post. It's not there at all. I just find it bizarre. It's not just some individual making a project for himself ... it's a company, no? They always advertised the game under the company name "Pinnovating", right? Yet ... after all the publicity they've suddenly gone silent and won't work with anyone to get them any aspect of the game. Again, there are plenty of ways to do this legitimately. For someone like me who would just like the code, I think it's prety simple. I'll sign whatever document you want that says I won't share the code. Don't even "sell" me the code ... give it to me as a thank you for a generous donation.

#488 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You're reading anger into my post. It's not there at all. I just find it bizarre. It's not just some individual making a project for himself ... it's a company, no? They always advertised the game under the company name "Pinnovating", right? Yet ... after all the publicity they've suddenly gone silent and won't work with anyone to get them any aspect of the game. Again, there are plenty of ways to do this legitimately. For someone like me who would just like the code, I think it's prety simple. I'll sign whatever document you want that says I won't share the code. Don't even "sell" me the code ... give it to me as a thank you for a generous donation.

Here's what happened. Warner Bros. probably sent them a legal letter informing them of their infringement. Maybe this happened AFTER they sold a few games. Maybe it never happened. It's all so hard to say as there is no info to go off of. But it is strange that they won't just "do the conversion" for people who are willing to pay...Again, WB may have shut down such an idea, or they might just be cool guys who want to keep in secret and small. Just hard to tell.

#490 10 years ago

just awesome !

#491 10 years ago

Nice! I'll just keep asking and asking, lol. "Donation" for code?

#492 10 years ago

I have a Matrix Translight on my JM its my 1% of my kit lol.

Joe(acejedi)

#493 10 years ago
Quoted from Acejedi:

I have a Matrix Translight on my JM its my 1% of my kit lol.
Joe(acejedi)

lol. I have that same 1%. Just curious, I finally got around to opening it the other night and realized Ministry of Pinball gratuitously slapped their logo on the translite which I'm not too happy about. Does yours have that? The one on Pinnovating's game doesn't have that, right? Makes it feel more like a cheap souvenir and I paid to advertise for Ministry of Pinball.

#494 10 years ago

Ministry of Pinball are truly doing amazing work! Keep it up guys.

#495 10 years ago
Quoted from Peer:

» YouTube video

The Matrix project is pretty awesome, and we made some enhancements to the ColorDMD platform to help support it.

I hadn't seen this video before but it shows nicely some of the new features we added to the SIGMA 2.4 release. In addition to P-ROC support, a newly introduced high-gamma mode provides better contrast between bright and dark levels. This flexible mapping is an advantage of the LCD platform that can't be reproduced by a conventional DMD. The display in the video is also set to use the upscaling feature which is unique to SIGMA displays.

The same display could be used in Predator or other P-ROC projects.

1 month later
#497 9 years ago

Check www.facebook.com/pinnovating for a new gameplay vid with new Color DMD changing possibilities.

#498 9 years ago

Played this game multiple times at MPE a few weeks ago. This is an absolutely incredible machine to play. If you ever see this machine in your area, go see it. Awesome game..

#499 9 years ago

everything looks so dialled. great stuff.

1 week later
#500 9 years ago

It took a long wait but finally April is gone (GMT+1 zone) and can I flip the PGJ-calendar to May.
For the full 31 days it wil be visible here on the wall.
Calendar-PGJ-2014-May.jpgCalendar-PGJ-2014-May.jpg

for this special occasion, here is the Morpheus with the green tie version
the_May-trix-SE14.jpgthe_May-trix-SE14.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 22.50
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 547 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-matrix-pinball-machine-pinnovating/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.