New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 185759)

The Masters - who ya got??

By pin2d

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by 3pinballs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 7.59.47 PM (resized).png
    Snapchat-372258638 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 7.19.54 PM (resized).png
    7145c4186db9f81334dc87602606944b734a1181 (resized).png
    leaderboard1 (resized).jpg

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Happy Masters-eve! It is one of my favorite weekends of the year. I'm going with Dustin Johnson as the winner, though there are a lot of guys playing well right now. Who's your pick to win?

Edit: changing my pick from Dustin Johnson to Rory McIlroy

#2 3 years ago

I think Bernhard Langer is due for a win Kidding aside, I always cheer him on and on occasion he does surprise. I am also really hoping for a good showing of Adam Hadwin, good old Moose Jaw boy.

It's an interesting field, lots of good talent. For sure DJ will be favourite as will Rory.

I *really* can't say who I think will take it this year. I'm super pumped and look forward to all days especially sunday at the pub with my neighbour

Go Masters!

#4 3 years ago

Phil Mickelson... Ties Nicklaus.

#5 3 years ago

Phil? I would be surprised if he finished in top 5. I don't wish ill will on the guy, just don't think he has it in him.

#6 3 years ago

I think Langer was in the 2nd to last group on Sunday last year, so you never know. I've got Hadwin and Mickelson on my fantasy team for this week, so I hope they do well too (yes I play fantasy golf).

#7 3 years ago

Ricky Fowler - playing pretty good lately.

#8 3 years ago

Eric Stone. I hear he's pretty good.

Oh wait, wrong Masters.....

#9 3 years ago

I was really glad to see him win the Honda Classic and sad to watch him Sunday at Houston... I'd be pretty happy to see him in a green jacket too despite how bad it would clash with his orange shirt

#10 3 years ago

Bill Murray

#11 3 years ago

I may be switching my pick - I just saw a tweet that said Dustin Johnson fell down stairs this afternoon and hurt his back, and now he may not play?

I'll go with Rory.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from mittens:

Phil? I would be surprised if he finished in top 5. I don't wish ill will on the guy, just don't think he has it in him.

doesn't have it in him? I thought he already won this thing 3-4 times already? doesn't have it in him?

#13 3 years ago

Jason Day, now his mum is ok! He will do it for her! Go Aussie lol

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoppyCock:

doesn't have it in him? I thought he already won this thing 3-4 times already? doesn't have it in him?

Lol - I guess I did deserve a response like that. Don't get me wrong, Phil has kicked ass and won 3 already (I think 3). He is playing well, but lately not great compared to his competition.

13-Oct Safeway Open T8 274 -14 US$162,000

19-Jan CareerBuilder T21 277 -11 US$62,640

26-Jan Farmers Insurance T14 281 -7 US$110,550

02-Feb Phoenix Open T16 274 -10 US$90,952.5

09-Feb Pebble Beach 65 288 1 US$15,120

16-Feb Genesis Open T34 280 -4 US$36,120

02-Mar WGC-Mexico T7 274 -10 US$211,666.67

22-Mar WGC Match Play T5 – – US$298,000

30-Mar Houston Open T55 288 E US$15,750

Maybe he will prove me wrong, I will let you know Monday

#15 3 years ago

Well he is an old man when it comes to golfers so your prolly right

#16 3 years ago

Phil is in the best form of any 46 year old in the field. He knows his way around Augusta, it'd be fun if he was up there on Sunday.

Jason Day seems to be flying under the radar when compared to the other top guys like Spieth, DJ, and Rory, but I could see him winning it as well. Curtis Luck the Aussie amateur will be fun to watch too

#17 3 years ago

Not playing in this years Masters.

LTG : )

#18 3 years ago

Not sure who will win. With Tiger's demise it's been wide open which is nice.

As a recovering golfer myself, one thing that sort of irritates me about the sport is the insistence on absolute quiet while they try to hit a stationary object. Imagine if MLB hitters whined like that--and they have to try to hit a 100mph ball with .5 seconds notice with no idea of it's location.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Happy Masters-eve! It is one of my favorite weekends of the year. I'm going with Dustin Johnson as the winner, though there are a lot of guys playing well right now. Who's your pick to win?

You are probably out on Dustin Johnson. Do not think he is going to play.

#20 3 years ago

From what I heard it would be extremely unlikely (odds wise) Dustin Johnson would have won anyway as he is ranked #1 and the last time it happened was 2002.

#21 3 years ago

Re Mickleson, knowing your way around that course is worth many stokes, so I don't see his current age as a negative. Nevertheless, he is not in my top five. Had DJ winning in our tournament, need to change it up now. He may still be top five, but not win. Have to see how he feels on Thurs.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

From what I heard it would be extremely unlikely (odds wise) Dustin Johnson would have won anyway as he is ranked #1 and the last time it happened was 2002.

I saw the info below in an article that used past trends to declare a winner:

A debutant hasn’t won The Masters since Fuzzy Zoeller in 1979. He remains the lone first time winner since 1935. Also, an Amateur has never won The Masters

Eliminated: Jon Rahm, Tyrrell Hatton, Thomas Pieters, Adam Hadwin, Tommy Fleetwood, Daniel Summerhays, Alex Noren, William McGirt, Jeung-Hun Wang, Hudson Swafford, Curtis Luck, Mackenzie Hughes, Si-Woo Kim, Brad Dalke, Brian Stuard, Billy Hurley III, Scott Gregory, Toto Gana, and Stewart Hagestad.

No winner has repeated since Tiger Woods in 2001/2002

Eliminated: Danny Willet

Jack Nicklaus is the oldest player to win the Green Jacket at 46 year, 82 days old.

Eliminated: Phil Mickelson, Jim Furyk, Steve Stricker, Angel Cabrera, Fred Couples, Ernie Els, Bernhard Langer, Rod Pampling, Vijay Singh, Jose Maria Olazabal, Ian Woosnam, Mike Weir, Larry Mize, Sandy Lyle, and Mark O’Meara.

The last six Masters winners have at least two Top 10 finishes in that calendar year.

Eliminated: Jason Day, Adam Scott, Bubba Watson, Paul Casey, Sergio Garcia, Charl Schwartzel, Patrick Reed, Brooks Koepka, Matt Kuchar, Matthew Fitzpatrick, Branden Grace, Zach Johnson, Lee Westwood, Jimmy Walker, Daniel Berger, Bill Haas, Emiliano Grillo, Francesco Molinari, JB Holmes, Kevin Na, Marc Leishman, Shane Lowry, Russell Knox, Byeong-Hun An, Ryan Moore, Soren Kjeldsen, Andy Sullivan, Jason Dufner, Chris Wood, Webb Simpson, Kevin Chappell, Scott Piercy, James Hahn, Jhonattan Vegas, Roberto Castro, Sean O’Hair, Yuta Ikeda, and Trevor Immelman.

The last 19 Masters winners have both played in the event and made the cut the year previous. Tiger Woods won in 1997 and Missed the cut in 1996.

Eliminated: Rickie Fowler, Gary Woodland, Ross Fisher, Brendan Steele, Pat Perez, Russell Henley, and Hideto Tanihara.

Of the past seven Masters winners, only Jordan Spieth had missed a cut in that calendar year. (Minimum three starts).

Eliminated: Henrik Stenson, Justin Thomas, Brandt Snedeker,

The past three Masters winners have all had a win in that calendar year. (Bubba; 2014 Northern Trust, Spieth; 2015 Valspar, Willett, Omega Dubai)

Eliminated: Rory McIlroy, Justin Rose, Louis Oosthuizen, Kevin Kisner, Martin Kaymer, Rafa Cabrera Bello, Bernd Wiesberger, Charley Hoffman

The past seven winners have made the cut in their last start before The Masters. Angel Cabrera missed the cut at the Shell Houston Open in 2009.

Eliminated: Jordan Spieth

The world’s number one player hasn’t won since Tiger in 2005.

Eliminated: Dustin Johnson

That leaves, at least according to the trends…

2017 Masters Winner: Hideki Matsuyama

#23 3 years ago

I think it's going to be tough sledding with the winds. Spieth is your winner. Loves this place.

#24 3 years ago

Spieth or Mcilroy

#25 3 years ago

Ricky and Phil starting strong. A eagle on 2 for phil Thursday. Nice start and potential egg on my face. Haha.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Not playing in this years Masters.

Whhhhhhaaaaaaat?

I was just kidding Lloyd. Tiger is done with golf.

I'd like to see Ricky Fowler win it. He's become a steady player since I first mistook him for Justin Bieber at the Western Open at Cog Hill in his early days on tour.

If Spieth is putting out of his mind like he's apt to do my money is on him.

#27 3 years ago

Being a lefty, I'm rooting for Phil.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I think it's going to be tough sledding with the winds.

Until you look at the scores.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Being a lefty, I'm rooting for Phil.

To be fair, he only golfs left handed.

#31 3 years ago

Well we all had Hoffman and McGirt in our pools right?

leaderboard1 (resized).jpg

#32 3 years ago

Am I the only one that did this when I heard about Dustin Johnson falling down stairs?

I've had the luxury of watching Thursday's round, but I'm going with Rahm. The guy has been on fire.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Am I the only one that did this when I heard about Dustin Johnson falling down stairs?
    I've had the luxury of watching Thursday's round, but I'm going with Rahm. The guy has been on fire.

From the industry info I have, it's legit. He appeared. Gave an interview etc too. He's won his last 3 starts too.

The jet ski injury years ago was a front though. The Tour does not comment on suspensions.

Rahm is the man. I want Phil first but Rahm second. A win from a Masters rookie would be remarkable.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

You thinking inebriation? I can't lie and say it did not come to my mind today.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Hard to say. He's in a strange house he rented. Makes it easy to have an accident. Make a wrong step or turn, not used to floors being slippery or not. Lighting ?

I hope it's not going to haunt him and be career ending.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Yeah....given his past suspension and alleged indiscretions, I immediately thought this.

#37 3 years ago

Nice looking leaderboard, lots of big names within 5 shots or so.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dewey68:

I'd like to see Ricky Fowler win it.

Good round for Ricky yesterday. Puts one in the water for bogie and turns around and gets it back with a birdie on the next hole. Today is going to be great. I've got a lot of things to do and the weather is going to be great in the Chicago area but I'll be on my couch this afternoon with the TV on.

#39 3 years ago

That leaderboard

7145c4186db9f81334dc87602606944b734a1181 (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 7.19.54 PM (resized).png

#40 3 years ago

Should be an interesting Sunday at Augusta.

#41 3 years ago

Let's go Sergio!

#42 3 years ago

Can't wait for Sunday. I would like to see Sergio take it.

#43 3 years ago

After spieths blow up last year and his fri-sat 10 shot down comeback to 3rd, I'd like to see win it.

#44 3 years ago

I like golfing but don't really like watching it. Looking at that leader board all jammed up like that, I think I'll tune in tomorrow.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Phil Mickelson... Ties Nicklaus.

lol Ties him for what???

#46 3 years ago

Wow looks like it will be an amazing Sunday

#47 3 years ago

Sergio is in trouble .

Snapchat-372258638 (resized).jpg

#48 3 years ago

Crazy! Extra holes...

#49 3 years ago

Sweet: Playoff!

I was rooting for Kuchar after that ace.

#50 3 years ago

I'm nervous just watching. Can't imagine being them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Beehive Pinball Co.
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    SilverBall Designs
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 159.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 79.99
    Apparel - Unisex
    PinShades
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 64.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 74.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 15.45
    Gameroom - Decorations
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 11.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 70.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 33.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside