(Topic ID: 26537)

The MANLIEST move in pinball

By jonnyo

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Accused.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

The death save is a pinball move to bit** slap the ball back into play after it wusses out and goes down the right outlane. "GET BACK HERE SUCKA, I AINT TRUE WIT YOU YET."

The death save is so manly you can't use it in tournaments cause all the sissy types start crying and their tears short circuits all the games.

The death save was invented by GLADIATORS in Ancient Rome, and Spartacus killed four men while doing death saves one-handed!

If you are a sensitive sissy person, you may wish to not watch this video, as it's manliness may make you cry yourself to sleep on your giant rainbows and ponies pillow.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

OMG you moved that machine an entire inch. That abuse has just devalued that Lethal Weapon 3 by half!

OHH!!!! <takes down video> Hope nobody saw that!

#24 11 years ago

Both tricky in their own way. Maybe I'll make a bangback video. COBRA KAI PALM STRIKE!

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Bangbacks are WAY more manly than deathsaves.
    Both are cheating.

I don't know. A bangback is more like Kung Fu. A death save is more like Conan. Bruce Lee is manly, but Conan is MAS MACHO!

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from DarthXaos:

I thought the main reason they were tourney illegal is because they damage the machine, not because they are "cheating"?

Properly done, a death save doesn't hurt a machine.

Death saves used to be allowed in some tournaments a long time ago from what I've read, like up until the late 80s.

The video, if it isn't painfully obvious, is very tongue-in-cheek. But to seriously answer, I don't allow them in my own tournaments because it would triple the play time of some players who are very good at them (bangbacks too). Pinball tournaments already run long enough.

The other reason is because allowing them would simply be unpopular. Many people don't do them for whatever reason - some feel it's cheating, others worry it will mess up the game - the reason doesn't matter so much as I know there are enough people out there who don't want to do them. If I allowed them in a tournament, the only way for people to be competitive would be to learn them, so all those people who don't want to learn them would simply not come.

I've thought about a head to head format that's timed, and you might be allowed one death save or bang back per round. From a spectator standpoint it would add a lot of excitement.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-manliest-move-in-pinball?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.