6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by hassellcastle
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Accused.png

#1 6 years ago

The death save is a pinball move to bit** slap the ball back into play after it wusses out and goes down the right outlane. "GET BACK HERE SUCKA, I AINT TRUE WIT YOU YET."

The death save is so manly you can't use it in tournaments cause all the sissy types start crying and their tears short circuits all the games.

The death save was invented by GLADIATORS in Ancient Rome, and Spartacus killed four men while doing death saves one-handed!

If you are a sensitive sissy person, you may wish to not watch this video, as it's manliness may make you cry yourself to sleep on your giant rainbows and ponies pillow.

#2 6 years ago

Little known fact, that was chuck norris that did that.

#3 6 years ago

LOL it is a manly save for sure. I had a buddy do this to my second machine owned. Only one at my home HS the second week after I got it but his version required moving the front of the cabinet over a foot side to side. I almost lost it but just let him know nudging is allowed but no death saves on my personal home machines. LOL go to the bar and do this to there pins.
    Just shocked me cause it was out of nowhere and so violent of an attempt.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

LOL it is a manly save for sure. I had a buddy do this to my second machine owned. Only one at my home HS the second week after I got it but his version required moving the front of the cabinet over a foot side to side. I almost lost it but just let him know nudging is allowed but no death saves on my personal home machines. LOL go to the bar and do this to there pins.
    Just shocked me cause it was out of nowhere and so violent of an attempt.

I would have slid him over a foot side to side.

#5 6 years ago

I did about 3 or 4 today on a local shrek with a very loose tilt. I even got a multiball for one because it kicked out another ball during shoot again right when I hit the outlane switch. I was able to light and start a swamp mode, but right when I got donkey mini pinball it killed my lower flippers.

#7 6 years ago

OMG you moved that machine an entire inch. That abuse has just devalued that Lethal Weapon 3 by half!

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

OMG you moved that machine an entire inch. That abuse has just devalued that Lethal Weapon 3 by half!

OHH!!!! <takes down video> Hope nobody saw that!

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinBilly:

I did about 3 or 4 today on a local shrek with a very loose tilt. I even got a multiball for one because it kicked out another ball during shoot again right when I hit the outlane switch. I was able to light and start a swamp mode, but right when I got donkey mini pinball it killed my lower flippers.

LOL now that is skill.

#10 6 years ago

Best video ever!!!!!!!

#11 6 years ago

Awesome video!!

#12 6 years ago

Are there any games besides TFTC that award you for death saves?

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from renodakota:

Jurassic Park does. The t-rex skeleton comes back to life on the DMD. I think I read where most/all DE games have a death save award.

#14 6 years ago

HAHAHA!

AWESOME VIDEO JONNY!!!!!

#15 6 years ago

Great video

#16 6 years ago

From the title I thought this thread was about Jodie Foster

#17 6 years ago

I didn't know you we're taping me while I was playing!

#19 6 years ago

I finally have figured out the death save on my Twilight Zone, but so far only from the left outlane. I have suffered a few bruises trying to figure out exactly what to do, but now it's pretty smooth and I've never triggered the tilt or slam tilt sensors. It's fun!

#20 6 years ago

I remember the first time I ever performed one. I was at a Bearno's pizza playing TSPP and I wanted to shout to everyone in there about it. But then I realized I would be yelling, "death save! Death saaaaaaave!" and (at best) no one would understand. I also started a daredevil mode. Hooray!

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from pzy:

I finally have figured out the death save on my Twilight Zone, but so far only from the left outlane. I have suffered a few bruises trying to figure out exactly what to do, but now it's pretty smooth and I've never triggered the tilt or slam tilt sensors. It's fun!

I think you are referring to a bang back. Death save is from the right. Bang back from the left.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from renodakota:

R&B

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from treborlicec:

I think you are referring to a bang back. Death save is from the right. Bang back from the left.

Huh yeah you're right, I am still a noob

Which is trickier to pull off?

#24 6 years ago

Both tricky in their own way. Maybe I'll make a bangback video. COBRA KAI PALM STRIKE!

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Yikes.....I shouldn't have laughed at that.

#26 6 years ago

Here is both. Seems cheap though.

#27 6 years ago

Awesome video!! Need to beef up on my manly skills.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Little known fact, that was chuck norris that did that

To imply that Chuck Norris even needs to stoop to a bang back is blasphemy. The Great Chuck Norris just needs to plunge the ball and out of fear the machine gives him the high score.

#29 6 years ago

I couldn't resist... it all comes back to pinball, right?

Accused.png

#31 6 years ago

Wow, that's crazy.

I like prop collecting as much as the next guy, but how do you show that to friends?

"....and over here is the pinball machine Jodie Foster was gang raped on...."

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

"....and over here is the pinball machine Jodie Foster was gang raped on...."

Made water almost come out my nose.

#33 6 years ago

Bangbacks are WAY more manly than deathsaves.
    Both are cheating.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Both are cheating.

I don't know. A bangback is more like Kung Fu. A death save is more like Conan. Bruce Lee is manly, but Conan is MAS MACHO!

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Both are cheating.

I thought the main reason they were tourney illegal is because they damage the machine, not because they are "cheating"?

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from DarthXaos:

I thought the main reason they were tourney illegal is because they damage the machine, not because they are "cheating"?

Properly done, a death save doesn't hurt a machine.

Death saves used to be allowed in some tournaments a long time ago from what I've read, like up until the late 80s.

The video, if it isn't painfully obvious, is very tongue-in-cheek. But to seriously answer, I don't allow them in my own tournaments because it would triple the play time of some players who are very good at them (bangbacks too). Pinball tournaments already run long enough.

The other reason is because allowing them would simply be unpopular. Many people don't do them for whatever reason - some feel it's cheating, others worry it will mess up the game - the reason doesn't matter so much as I know there are enough people out there who don't want to do them. If I allowed them in a tournament, the only way for people to be competitive would be to learn them, so all those people who don't want to learn them would simply not come.

I've thought about a head to head format that's timed, and you might be allowed one death save or bang back per round. From a spectator standpoint it would add a lot of excitement.

#37 6 years ago

Most manliest move in Pinball....How about the complete opposite.
    WOZ ....ha ha ha

It will look great in your MANCAVE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 9.99
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 35.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 72.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 149.00
    $ 5,999.99
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside