Left Side View  v1 (resized).png
Rescale at 65% (resized).jpg
Head only With Back Scene and brakets (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
With Out Back Scene (resized).png
With Back Scene and brakets (resized).jpg
Back Sketch (resized).jpg
79C32E6B-7212-4930-8A59-E32F830E3B5E.jpeg

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 1 year ago

Hello everyone, this topper measures 19" H x 24W, it is made with 2 types of materials PLA and PETG , it has 3 Stepper motors 2 arduinos and some internal sensors, 4 RBG leds & 12 red leds & 1 orange led, hand painted, weighs appx 12lb. It as 8 different IG-11 sound effects and more than 15 combinations of light effects with movements and interaction scenes with noise detection to activate the events.

The system is created to be activated with a small microphone that can be adjusted behind the IG-11(see pic).
At the moment it is the most convenient method of activating the scenes for a quick installation on the machine, is power with 12v plug and 5v with a usb. It is a plug and play and the mic has 6 feet of wire so you can place it where you want.

The mandalorian topper IG-11 (resized).jpgThe mandalorian topper IG-11 (resized).jpgphoto_2022-05-03_20-55-31 (resized).jpgphoto_2022-05-03_20-55-31 (resized).jpgphoto_2022-05-03_23-11-10 (resized).jpgphoto_2022-05-03_23-11-10 (resized).jpgphoto_2022-05-03_20-57-21 (resized).jpgphoto_2022-05-03_20-57-21 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

Video is set to private, won’t allow viewing.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Video is set to private, won’t allow viewing.

Sorry! try now!

#4 1 year ago

That self destruct feature is awesome!

I would probably be interested but my issue is clearance I can just about fit Stern toppers in my games room and that leaves me a couple of inches clearance above.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

That self destruct feature is awesome!
I would probably be interested but my issue is clearance I can just about fit Stern toppers in my games room and that’s it.

Thank you for the feedback, yes is really high, IG-11 It has a very long neck , and it was the smallest thing I could do!!! for the reactor to work.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Floydpr:

Thank you for the feedback, yes is really high, IG-11 It has a very long neck , and it was the smallest thing I could do!!! for the reactor to work.

Yeah that reactor is super cool! If there was a way to make it smaller and shorter it would be super tempting for me.

Hopefully stern can make something similar but smaller for those like me with low ceilings, although it will most likely be made out of flat plastics.

#7 1 year ago

You nerd. I love it! Nicely done! I would expect a c&d letter if you try to sell it but would keep it and bring it to shows as it is super cool.

#8 1 year ago

Wow amazing what you guys come up with, Im down for sure.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

You nerd. I love it! Nicely done! I would expect a c&d letter if you try to sell it but would keep it and bring it to shows as it is super cool.

I would also be concerned about selling this mod as its using lucasfilm/disney assets. It looks very good and alot of work for sure. The 3d printing of it might be an issue. The animated Grogu mod is using a existing licensed toy, I would guess if he printed Grogu Acejedi might have had issues selling them. I would see if theres any existing toy that you could modify and sell first.

#10 1 year ago

That is really cool!

#11 1 year ago

It's a good start but I still have a lot of work to do

Good work Floydpr

IG-11 (resized).jpgIG-11 (resized).jpg
#12 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Thank you for the feedback! well in this case I will not sell it! I will receive donation for those that want one!

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

I would also be concerned about selling this mod as its using lucasfilm/disney assets. It looks very good and alot of work for sure. The 3d printing of it might be an issue. The animated Grogu mod is using a existing licensed toy, I would guess if he printed Grogu Acejedi might have had issues selling them. I would see if theres any existing toy that you could modify and sell first.

Thank you for the advice and the feed back!

#15 1 year ago

kind of makes you wonder about other $2500 toppers if you can do that for under $700. great work

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Celofane:

It's a good start but I still have a lot of work to do
Good work Floydpr
[quoted image]

Nice! it is a lot of work! if you want to animate him it was better to modified in cad first before printing, I used the same model but the inside is complete different. if you like I can show you some picture of the inside so you see how I did it, send me a PM. Thank you for the feedback!

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

kind of makes you wonder about other $2500 toppers if you can do that for under $700. great work

Thanks for the feedback, well the reality is that when you make a mass production you have to use molds and companies in China or the USA to be able to produce many pieces, and for each piece you need a mold plus the manufacturing cost, these molds can cost from 5K to 10K and it's just to start the mass production, that's still counting the assembly cost ect. when you come to see you have to sell your product for $2,500 in order to win and make it worthwhile. In my case it is a hobby and I spend a lot of time at home and I do it because I love doing things in my 3d print and it only costs time and materials.

#18 1 year ago

I don't have this game, so I'm not interested in the topper personally, but I just want to comment about what great work you did. Really impressive build. The whole thing is neat, but the sliding panels and self destruct mechanism really take it over the top.

I have two thoughts, if you want to hear them, just as far as making it a package to sell.

One, you're not charging enough. Seriously, the amount of time and labor this takes, for a really cool limited one off like this? It's your time, and you should value it as you see fit, but anyone who wants something this custom is willing to pay more for it these days. And you deserve it.

It's not just the print time. It's not just all the finishing work, and wiring and everything else. It's the time you put into designing it, which I imagine was substantial. No one else can just whip up a copy of this quickly, of that I'm sure.

Two, just a thought, but given how tall it is, I think it might visually fill the top of the machine better if you worked up some kind of backdrop. Super quick sketch of what I mean:

mando-topper (resized).jpgmando-topper (resized).jpg

Obviously it's your design, just a thought for making it fell more like a full topper. Could be flat, 3D, whatever. To my eye even my 2 minute photoshop really helps showcase your work as a complete scene. And it helps control the background your model displays against, since you don't know what the wall behind it might be.

Whatever you do good luck, and if this remains a one off it's still really impressive.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't have this game, so I'm not interested in the topper personally, but I just want to comment about what great work you did. Really impressive build. The whole thing is neat, but the sliding panels and self destruct mechanism really take it over the top.
I have two thoughts, if you want to hear them, just as far as making it a package to sell.
One, you're not charging enough. Seriously, the amount of time and labor this takes, for a really cool limited one off like this? It's your time, and you should value it as you see fit, but anyone who wants something this custom is willing to pay more for it these days. And you deserve it.
It's not just the print time. It's not just all the finishing work, and wiring and everything else. It's the time you put into designing it, which I imagine was substantial. No one else can just whip up a copy of this quickly, of that I'm sure.
Two, just a thought, but given how tall it is, I think it might visually fill the top of the machine better if you worked up some kind of backdrop. Super quick sketch of what I mean:
[quoted image]
Obviously it's your design, just a thought for making it fell more like a full topper. Could be flat, 3D, whatever. To my eye even my 2 minute photoshop really helps showcase your work as a complete scene. And it helps control the background your model displays against, since you don't know what the wall behind it might be.
Whatever you do good luck, and if this remains a one off it's still really impressive.

Wao! Thank you for all the inputs and great feedback!! I love your Idea of the back scene I will try to make it !!

About the price you are very right and I would love to have to do many of them at a fairer price. but since this is something that is more for me to entertain myself in my hobby and not make money, it is more non-profit for fun. As long as I recover for the materials and the cost of electricity, I'll be happy!

#20 1 year ago

I don’t have the room but Dam you got some talent ,brother I just paid 600 for a hand made wood hammer for Metallica.
I would rethink what you time and talent is worth.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I don’t have the room but Dam you got some talent ,brother I just paid 600 for a hand made wood hammer for Metallica.
I would rethink what you time and talent is worth.

Thank you! I just try to consider all the input here and like I say before "it is more non-profit for fun".! Also give the chance to people that can't afford much to have a home made topper!

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I just paid 600 for a hand made wood hammer for Metallica.

Crazy, who would do that.

Quoted from rockrand:

I would rethink what you time and talent is worth

Seriously. It's fun to make things! It's fun to make things for other people. And yet ... say you get a few orders. And you make one. And then another. And then you've got a third build waiting for you to do and you're starting to realize how much of your free time is going into making these things. Some of the fun wears off after a bit.

I think what you have here is really cool. And with a little polish and presentation could be worth more and would be a better value to you personally with the time you'll spend building them.

#23 1 year ago

Wow! This is the most impressive topper I've ever seen someone build and it easily outshines a vast majority of manufacture toppers.

The official one from Stern will probably be half the size, have half the features, be built with cheaper parts, yet cost double the price...

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow! This is the most impressive topper I've ever seen someone build and it easily outshines a vast majority of manufacture toppers.
The official one from Stern will probably be half the size, have half the features, be built with cheaper parts, yet cost double the price...

Thank you.

#25 1 year ago

This is truly amazing! I dig everything about this. I've had my Mando pro since August and have all but given up on a Stern topper. I have a resin piece,(Mando on speeder bike) on order, that will be released third quarter this year but now you have me rethinking that. Excellent craftsmanship!

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

This is truly amazing! I dig everything about this. I've had my Mando pro since August and have all but given up on a Stern topper. I have a resin piece,(Mando on speeder bike) on order, that will be released third quarter this year but now you have me rethinking that. Excellent craftsmanship!

Thank You

#27 1 year ago

It’s that self destruct feature, it is really impressive and cool.

#28 1 year ago

I admit, this guy is the patron saint of pinball modders. To do that type of work and just wants to recover his costs in making these is something else. I agree, it should be more money for this type of mod. Regardless if he mass produces them or not, that topper looks awesome. Excellent work sir!

#29 1 year ago

I don’t even own a Mando pin but this topper makes me all nostalgic for the franchise before-times. The seventies.

Thank you for the relived moment.

79C32E6B-7212-4930-8A59-E32F830E3B5E.jpeg79C32E6B-7212-4930-8A59-E32F830E3B5E.jpeg
#30 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I admit, this guy is the patron saint of pinball modders. To do that type of work and just wants to recover his costs in making these is something else. I agree, it should be more money for this type of mod. Regardless if he mass produces them or not, that topper looks awesome. Excellent work sir!

Thank you!

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I don’t even own a Mando pin but this topper makes me all nostalgic for the franchise before-times. The seventies.
Thank you for the relived moment.
[quoted image]

Thank You !

#32 1 year ago

Hi everyone !

thanks for the great feedback!

Well, I just wanted to give you an update on the panel that I am developing for the Backdrop of the topper. thanks to ''Aurich'' for the idea!. tell me what you think of this sketch that I am developing for the backdrop (see the picture below)

Back Sketch (resized).jpgBack Sketch (resized).jpg
#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Floydpr:

Hi everyone !
thanks for the great feedback!
Well, I just wanted to give you an update on the panel that I am developing for the Backdrop of the topper. thanks to ''Aurich'' for the idea!. tell me what you think of this sketch that I am developing for the backdrop (see the picture below)
[quoted image]

Looks awesome,

#36 1 year ago

I like the idea of a backdrop for this. Might want to keep the detail to a minimum as you don't want the backdrop to take away from what you're showcasing. Sometimes less is more. Looks cool, you've got mad skills!

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I like the idea of a backdrop for this. Might want to keep the detail to a minimum as you don't want the backdrop to take away from what you're showcasing. Sometimes less is more. Looks cool, you've got mad skills!

Thank you!!! Yes you are right! I just want to show the Idea that I am designed a little bit!!

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Floydpr:

Thank you!!! Yes you are right! I just want to show the Idea that I am designed a little bit!!

It's sweet, thanks for sharing.

#39 1 year ago

This is awesome and very tempting. How tall is the topper?

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

This is awesome and very tempting. How tall is the topper?

Thank you for your feedback,

The topper is 19" High x 24 Width, and 6.5 deep . It is set up to use the screws that the back box has with some brackets that I made to hold the topper. Also those brackets can be exchanged to add the back scenery too.(see the picture attached)

With Back Scene and brakets (resized).jpgWith Back Scene and brakets (resized).jpgWith Out Back Scene (resized).pngWith Out Back Scene (resized).png
#41 1 year ago

Such a well thought out design. This piece really seems to check all the boxes that a high-end topper should. I really like the way you use the beskar to hide the spots, nice touch.

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Such a well thought out design. This piece really seems to check all the boxes that a high-end topper should. I really like the way you use the beskar to hide the spots, nice touch.

Thank you!

#43 1 year ago

Would like one but too tall for my game
I only have 12”-13” above

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#44 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

[quoted image]

Dam.. that ceiling are really low! but you probably could have only the head with the head movement and with the back scene behind!!!

#45 1 year ago

As one of the crazy $600 Metallica hammer guys (thank you Aurich!), sign me up. I’d love to make a donation to the insane creativity! Thank goodness for tall ceilings.

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

[quoted image]

This is the only thing I can think of that can work in the little space you have! I can make it have all the voice sounds and stage lights and movements, the only thing it would not have is the part of the body where the reactor will open.! ( see picture)

Head only With Back Scene and brakets (resized).jpgHead only With Back Scene and brakets (resized).jpg
#48 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I would rethink what your time and talent is worth.

#49 1 year ago

Gotto admit this is a lot better than the recent elite toppers POTC topper for 2.5k

#50 1 year ago

Amazing work!
Contact Stern about becoming the first ever Pinball Topper Designer. Seriously. In the current pinball environment I don't see why this couldn't be a real full time job.
They would never go for a topper this tall due to it being such a limiting sales factor, but you have skills that should be utilized.

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-mandalorian-topper-ig-11?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.