By spinArip

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Greetings!
Up post at the top of the orbit isn't actuating during ball launch, or after making the Child award shot up the left orbit. Coil test worked fine, firing no problem. Just got the machine back in from a customer home rental yesterday, and updated code from 0.98 to 1.01. Not sure if this was an issue prior, but customer didn't mention any issues with it.

Submitted a tech support ticket with Stern, but checking to see if anyone else is having the same issue after the code update, or recommendations on other things to check. TIA!

#2 2 years ago

Coil test would give it more power. I'd look it over to be sure nothing is binding it in any way. Worn coil sleeve, end of spring stuck in coil sleeve, binding on hole in playfield it travels in.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

Thanks, @LTG! No binding, as up post moves freely. Replaced coil sleeve, and end of spring doesn't interfere. Still nada.

#4 2 years ago

After a closer look, the up post IS firing, but it seems to be at the wrong time.

Once you hit the orbit to light the Child shot, it's actuating the up post after the ball completes the orbit. Usually the up post fires only after the Child shot is already lit; you hit the left orbit, the up post fires so it doesn't complete the orbit, forcing the ball down to the upper lanes to collect the Child award.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from spinArip:

After a closer look, the up post IS firing, but it seems to be at the wrong time.
Once you hit the orbit to light the Child shot, it's actuating the up post after the ball completes the orbit. Usually the up post fires only after the Child shot is already lit; you hit the left orbit, the up post fires so it doesn't complete the orbit, forcing the ball down to the upper lanes to collect the Child award.

i know there were some changes to the way the post behaves in the most recent update. not certain what, or if this is only something that changes by an option in the settings. figured it was worth mentioning.

#6 2 years ago

This is a known issue on Mando Pro with 1.01

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

The post on my Pre/LE code doesn’t work right either.

#8 2 years ago

I thought there was a setting in the adjustments where you had options how that post behaved. Maybe start there so you can at least confirm it’s working.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i know there were some changes to the way the post behaves in the most recent update. not certain what, or if this is only something that changes by an option in the settings. figured it was worth mentioning.

Quoted from crujones4life:

Quoted from Lermods:

I thought there was a setting in the adjustments where you had options how that post behaved. Maybe start there so you can at least confirm it’s working.

I appreciate the heads up! Currently working with Stern to resolve. First suggestion was to download a fresh code, do the full update with verification, but still no dice.

My current Feature Adjustment #16 setting ("DISABLE TOP POST") is "DEFAULT DOWN: RAISE AS NEEDED". I haven't tried the other two options yet, but they are "DISABLED: NEVER RAISE" and "RAISE FOR RIGHT ORBITS". Might try these out tomorrow to see what they're all about.

#10 2 years ago

***RESOLVED*** I switched the up post to "RAISE FOR RIGHT ORBITS", and that restored it to how the post used to function. It's a little counter-intuitive, as it raises when you shoot the left orbit for the Child award, forcing the ball down into the lanes as it did previously. Also, it raises like it did before when you first launch the ball, deflecting the ball into the mini playfield. I hope that helps anyone having the same issue, and thanks for the pointers!

1 month later
#11 2 years ago

is this issue present in v1.00? im now hesitant to upgrade.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Fordiesel69:

is this issue present in v1.00? im now hesitant to upgrade.

All good in 1.02.

#13 2 years ago

fixed by default or fixed with going in and changing a setting?

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Fordiesel69:

fixed by default or fixed with going in and changing a setting?

Default. Works as intended now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.95
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.