2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20210727_204815867 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fordiesel69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

See pic.

My new out of box mandalorian limited edition is not locking the ball in the encounters ball lock. The solenoid is lowering the stainless diverter properly and at the correct time, but the amount of force / speed the ball has it just bounces back out and goes down the ramp for a center drain. Not really playable this way and I am finding nothing visually wrong. Opto's work perfect, gate work in test perfect. It seems like a problem with the speed and velocity.

There is nothing visual that I can see that would hold it in. I have two unidentified holes with nothing in them. I have them highlighted in purple.

Here is my video of the rejected lock at 4:28

Also watch the 0:50 time mark of the premium model and see how it just locks but does backfeed down the ramp. This is sterns video and this is how it should work.

IMG_20210727_204815867 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_204815867 (resized).jpg

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Need to bend that metal piece that stops the ball towards the front of the machine so it doesn't reject it back down the ramp. Foam might also help.

Bend it towards the front or the back?

#6 2 years ago

Im on to something.........I know the two locations that I played these at, the operators just slapped them on the floor eye level. They worked perfect.

I just put my front legs down (screwed the levelers all the way in) and the playfield slope is about 7.5 to 7.8 degrees. Guess what, 100% ball locks.

I tried a playfield slope of 6.5 , 6.8, and 7.0 (Stern Recommended) and it will not lock.

Why wouldnt the stainless ball trough that holds the ball be more sloped?

#7 2 years ago

What slope are you guys running on yours. Im almost tempted on going to those two locations again even though they are 4 hrs away and re play those games.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

jaycbarnett answered your question already. Just put a sticker of any deadener on there and you will never experience the issue again at any slope.

I plan to do this. BUT the other (2) I played on location worked 100% and we played the crap outta them. So I still wanted to rule out a mechanical issue first.

3 weeks later
#12 2 years ago

Im still struggling. Stern sent me a new curved top piece becuase I thought it was malformed. It helped a little but did not fix it. I installed foam and it make it bouch back every time, 100% failure. I then bent the metal and I now have an 80% success rate. Very frustrated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,900 (Firm)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fordiesel69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-mandalorian-encounters-ball-lock-fail-?tu=Fordiesel69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.