(Topic ID: 181318)

"The Making of Ghostbusters" video (with John Trudeau)

By spida1a

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinballlew
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spida1a.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi Pinside gang,

I don't usually start a new topic for pinball video uploads. But, I worked on this particular piece for a few months (in between "real" work, life and other personal issues ... ha ha) and am very happy with how it turned out and wanted to share. It is a 40+ minute presentation primarily about the making of Stern's "Ghostbusters" pinball machine.

The short story behind it: In October of 2016 I visited Stern Pinball and planned on grabbing a couple QUICK sound bytes from John Trudeau about Ghostbusters (so I could intertwine them with my GB unboxing video). We ended up chatting about the game for over 40 minutes and a lot of great stuff was revealed. Had I known that would happen, I would have brought along a better microphone.

But ... I digress.

Anyway, I edited a video together and uploaded it to YouTube today.

Here is a direct link in case it might interest you. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Chris Bucci

#4 7 years ago

Thanks for embedding the link. I have no idea why it didn't work first time (edited and fixed it).

And thanks Modfather. I hope you enjoy it.

#8 7 years ago

Thanks a lot. I am so glad you enjoy it.

I have to thank John and some of the folks who sent video and pics. It really helped add a little more to it than it would have had.

#13 7 years ago

Thanks guys. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I always love information on games like this.

#15 7 years ago

Your footage was perfect Kevin. Thanks also for the preview / quick look.

#18 7 years ago

Ha ha, thanks I appreciate it (although I'm sure the wallet isn't very happy with me, lol!)
I was thinking of maybe giving the pin-collection series another go. Especially with the HD and some mixing around of the collection some. Hmmmm.

Thanks for the support and watching!

#23 7 years ago

Thanks for watching.

#26 7 years ago

Thanks pezpunk. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I had some other questions that didn't elicit interesting answers that were cut and a few I thought about "after-the-fact" and didn't get to (of course, ugh! Ha ha).

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Avatar:

Excellent work! Would love to see you make a video of each new pin
Make Stern pay your expenses, because you're selling their stuff with these videos ... GB didn't really ring my bell, but now I'm interested

Hey ... I'm up for it! A game for a video? Hmmmm

#29 7 years ago

Yes indeed. Love the proton stream idea.

#33 7 years ago

Thanks for watching and the kind words.

#38 7 years ago

I'm usually a couple years "behind" so ... we'll save 4k for the next batch. Lol.

#44 7 years ago

Ha ha! I know, The Law, seriously.
We would have been better off at the hot dog joint across the place ... mm, man that was good. Lol!

#46 7 years ago

Indeed!
I originally figured I would only grab a few sound-bytes and then incorporate them into a different video. So, the thought of this being a "Making of for 40 minutes" shindig was faaaaar from my mind.

Thanks for taking the time to watch. I'm glad you found it enjoyable.

#48 7 years ago

Dammit ... you're onto me.

#51 7 years ago

Thanks Dave_W!

Yes Cheddar .. same here! Steve rocks that camera man! John Trudeau got me the information on that. I would have loved to see all those games in a row in person and play them.

#54 7 years ago

Thanks Panzer .. I hope you enjoy it!
So far I am EXTREMELY happy with my game. I haven't purchased a NIB for five years before (Transformers) and so I was crossing my fingers. I made some adjustments others have made (Slimer dragging, bent switch on main ramp, adjusted a few other goodies). But, nothing QC-issue-wise has happened (unlike TF) with my game. It was built perfectly and I love it.

I'm looking forward to a code update. After seeing the hundreds, it seems, of Hudson speech calls in the Browser / ROMS, and a ton of movie clips in there still, I am hoping this is a sign we shall have a big update sometime. But, even as-is ... the game is quite solid.

#57 7 years ago

Thanks Delt31. Glad you enjoyed it.
Yeah, Trent has always been great to deal with. For sure.

#61 7 years ago

Thanks guys! So glad you enjoyed it.

Delt31, no secret here honestly. Just bribed John with some cookies.

Sinestro ... ah! That was your hack he was talking about. Ha ha. Would have loved it to be included.
Thanks!

#63 7 years ago

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

#66 7 years ago

Hey, thanks for the kind words.

I filmed putting a few mods on that I wanted for the game (and talked about a couple adjustments). Hope to have one of them up this weekend.

#69 7 years ago

Thanks guys! I truly appreciate it and am glad you enjoyed it. : )

1 month later
#70 7 years ago

If you are interested ... I put up a couple of "MOD" videos (recently uploaded part 2 today). I got the topper, side-rails, and a handful of others over the two parts. Thanks!

PART 1

PART 2

2 weeks later
#72 6 years ago

Hey, my pleasure ! Thanks for watching.

I hope to have some Aerosmith vids next (including box opening, mods, and hopefully a phone interview with John Borg)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 103.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spida1a.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-making-of-ghostbusters-video-with-john-trudeau?tu=spida1a and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.