(Topic ID: 181318)

"The Making of Ghostbusters" video (with John Trudeau)

By spida1a

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinballlew
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Hi Pinside gang,

I don't usually start a new topic for pinball video uploads. But, I worked on this particular piece for a few months (in between "real" work, life and other personal issues ... ha ha) and am very happy with how it turned out and wanted to share. It is a 40+ minute presentation primarily about the making of Stern's "Ghostbusters" pinball machine.

The short story behind it: In October of 2016 I visited Stern Pinball and planned on grabbing a couple QUICK sound bytes from John Trudeau about Ghostbusters (so I could intertwine them with my GB unboxing video). We ended up chatting about the game for over 40 minutes and a lot of great stuff was revealed. Had I known that would happen, I would have brought along a better microphone.

But ... I digress.

Anyway, I edited a video together and uploaded it to YouTube today.

Here is a direct link in case it might interest you. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Chris Bucci

#3 7 years ago

If the link doesn't work, try

#4 7 years ago

Thanks for embedding the link. I have no idea why it didn't work first time (edited and fixed it).

And thanks Modfather. I hope you enjoy it.

#5 7 years ago

thanks love things like this

#6 7 years ago

Thank you for sharing your video

#7 7 years ago

This video was great... I wish stern would hire you to do in depth videos for all their new games.... Very informative..

#8 7 years ago

Thanks a lot. I am so glad you enjoy it.

I have to thank John and some of the folks who sent video and pics. It really helped add a little more to it than it would have had.

#9 7 years ago

Awesome video! I wish there were more in depth videos like this with the designers and other industry people! Thanks for taking the time to make this!

#10 7 years ago

Really nice video. Thanks for doing it!

#11 7 years ago

Love the explanation of the flipper gap

#12 7 years ago

Nice interview Chris - thanks for sharing!

#13 7 years ago

Thanks guys. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I always love information on games like this.

#14 7 years ago

Glad it's finally posted! Happy to provide a small bit to this great video

#15 7 years ago

Your footage was perfect Kevin. Thanks also for the preview / quick look.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Love the explanation of the flipper gap

I love Chris' videos. They really helped me understand pinball machines.

I haven't watched this yet but does he say "The gap exists to specifically tick off Guinnesstime daily"?

#17 7 years ago

Awesome video Chris!!

When the pinball bug first bit me (HARD), back in Oct 2010, your videos were the first info I found on the subject.
We were really interested in a Fish Tales at the time, and watching your collection, from FT to every other game got the family pretty excited about the hobby.

So i guess you're to blame...
Thanks for all of the amazing pinball content over the years. I know the rest of the hobbyists really appreciate it as well.

#18 7 years ago

Ha ha, thanks I appreciate it (although I'm sure the wallet isn't very happy with me, lol!)
I was thinking of maybe giving the pin-collection series another go. Especially with the HD and some mixing around of the collection some. Hmmmm.

Thanks for the support and watching!

#19 7 years ago

This is awesome and makes me appreciate my GB pin even more. Thanks for the hard work creating this!

#20 7 years ago

I'd be waiting to see this, hyped, watching it soon.

#22 7 years ago

thanks for sharing!

#23 7 years ago

Thanks for watching.

#24 7 years ago

Bring on the Proton Streams!!!!

*Wishful thinking

#25 7 years ago

great interview, and i'm glad you did the followup over the phone, you hit some great behind the scenes stuff regarding licensing, the actors, and the modeling.

#26 7 years ago

Thanks pezpunk. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I had some other questions that didn't elicit interesting answers that were cut and a few I thought about "after-the-fact" and didn't get to (of course, ugh! Ha ha).

#27 7 years ago

Excellent work! Would love to see you make a video of each new pin
Make Stern pay your expenses, because you're selling their stuff with these videos ... GB didn't really ring my bell, but now I'm interested

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Avatar:

Excellent work! Would love to see you make a video of each new pin
Make Stern pay your expenses, because you're selling their stuff with these videos ... GB didn't really ring my bell, but now I'm interested

Hey ... I'm up for it! A game for a video? Hmmmm

#29 7 years ago

Yes indeed. Love the proton stream idea.

#30 7 years ago

This was really good. I love that you've pushed on for so long with the idea of documenting all things pinball. I like how your style is maturing too, with less of the cheesy grin stuff (which is all great and fun of course) and more of the doco type approach. The more serious documenting will stand the test of time and become reference material. This was edited to flow really well and was engaging from beginning to end. Two thumbs up!

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Love the proton stream idea.

That would be awesome if they would release this as a mod.

#32 7 years ago

Great work as always Chris - thanks for sharing! Related, I think Chris' pinball reviews were the very first one's I came across on YouTube when looking to make a pinball purchase around five years ago or better. I watched one at first, then binge-watched the remainder of his pinball vids over the next two days.... I was hooked. When I saw that he was also a fan of the TG-16 (Devil's Crush is a favorite of mine), I knew I was in good company.

#33 7 years ago

Thanks for watching and the kind words.

#34 7 years ago

Awesome thanks for all the effort, great video!

#35 7 years ago

Loved the video and insights from John. Thanks for making this! Really great job

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Ha ha, thanks I appreciate it (although I'm sure the wallet isn't very happy with me, lol!)
I was thinking of maybe giving the pin-collection series another go. Especially with the HD and some mixing around of the collection some. Hmmmm.
Thanks for the support and watching!

That would be great. I also discovered your videos when getting into the hobby and enjoyed them very much. An updated series would be cool. Remember it's 4K video now

#37 7 years ago

still going through the video (watching on the metro as I go into work) and this is def the best GB video thus far. Finally someone was able to explain exactly what the proton packs were going to do and that PKE meter idea? Great job. Will check out the other vids too.

#38 7 years ago

I'm usually a couple years "behind" so ... we'll save 4k for the next batch. Lol.

#39 7 years ago

Thank you for the awesome video...always love watching your vids!

#40 7 years ago

I really enjoyed the video, great questions, Trudeau seems like a cool guy, would like to hear an interview of his Gottlieb/Premier days

#41 7 years ago

Wonderful job.

#42 7 years ago

Great job...they must have stoned with that interview location though. Brutal background of the white kitchen walls.
I know that story.

#43 7 years ago

Great video. Thanks for the effort!

#44 7 years ago

Ha ha! I know, The Law, seriously.
We would have been better off at the hot dog joint across the place ... mm, man that was good. Lol!

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Ha ha! I know, The Law, seriously.
We would have been better off at the hot dog joint across the place ... mm, man that was good. Lol!

People love that crap..."We have a nice big area with nothing going on in the BG for you!"

Makes you want to just key out the whole BG.

#46 7 years ago

Indeed!
I originally figured I would only grab a few sound-bytes and then incorporate them into a different video. So, the thought of this being a "Making of for 40 minutes" shindig was faaaaar from my mind.

Thanks for taking the time to watch. I'm glad you found it enjoyable.

#47 7 years ago

And don't think for a second slowly moving the shot to get a microwave in there was lost on me

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-is-on-the-production-line/page/3#post-2211440

#48 7 years ago

Dammit ... you're onto me.

#49 7 years ago

Enjoyed watching this! Thanks for sharing

#50 7 years ago

Love the pic from Pin-a-Go-Go in the video. It's the fish eye image in front of his games

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-making-of-ghostbusters-video-with-john-trudeau/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.