IMG_5425 (resized).JPG
01ce29e2-d015-4fee-8e82-4a1a9810fb81 (resized).jpg
62127550_10219186189627968_1757269973484437504_o (resized).jpg
62361807_10219186178867699_6647752051491078144_o (resized).jpg
F9987094-6055-44F8-BA88-BF6B8FD31ADC (resized).jpeg
FullSizeR (resized).jpg
UA Twin Cerritos (resized).jpg
FD9B0514-5DD4-4177-A007-43F0C854B2F4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesmc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 4 years ago

"Isn't fun the best thing to have". Arthur

2 weeks later
#571 4 years ago

I used to play golf alot at Hillcrest CC in Beverly Hills as a guest. Movie stars all over the place. After Jack Nicholson took a golf club to someone's car he started driving a beat up looking 70s Datsun pickup truck to this super high powered club. Looked like something Axl Foley from 48 hrs would drive. We all figured it was perfect mechanically, but it cosmetically crap. And it was Datsun, not a Nissan. But he sure wouldn't have been recognized. Just like the 48 hours movie, the truck looked hilarious in the parking lot. Before one of the finals games between the Bulls and Lakers, I saw Michael Jordon and him going at it with Jack yelling at him that Magic was gonna get the best of him. Michael was playing 18 before the game. They seemed to be friendly, but not during the finals.

Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

The 70's...
When you could give your 8 yr old kid some of your beer and not get arrested.

1978-I'm 18 and my mom gets me a part time job at the liquor store next to where she worked. I came home with the keys to the store. Promoted to running the store in 1 day. I asked the manager who left at 2 pm and put me in charge to close at 10 pm if I could pay for a 6 pack and take it home. He respond, "You pay for what you drink while your working". I was puzzled, and not sure he understood me. He then insulted me so bad I've never forgot him saying, "I've met a few of your family. I'm sorry they dropped you as a child". And repeated to me, "You pay for what you drink while working". The guy is leaving an 18 year old the keys to the store and tells him he can drink while working if he pays for it. My god. My best friend and I ran one of the busiest liquor stores in San Clemente after 2 pm and we're 18. I remember blaring Led Zeppelin in my car and went into the store where it was playing even louder. Place was out of control with us in control.

#640 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO
could be the start for a Dazed and Confused style script.

This has to be one of the best lines I overheard in 70s. Outside a party where a local girl has brought her new boyfriend from out of the area, "I may have fucked most of em, but I haven't fucked em all". My buddy and I looked at each other and laughed so hard they almost heard us burglerizing their conversation.

#673 4 years ago

Did you checked your 70s pot for---PARAQUAT?

20191008_092546 (resized).jpg20191008_092546 (resized).jpg
#674 4 years ago

70s story. Went to friends house overlooking the beach at T street. Friends are sitting there with what looked like pomegranate seeds. They said they were morning glory seeds, and that they grow wild on the beach. Night before 8 guys ate these seeds and 4 ended up in jail from hallucinogenic effects. I laughed because I thought they were fuckin with me. So I ate some. My 16 yr old brain might not have been fully developed yet. We drive up to a condo about 25 minutes away. Around 2 or so hours later we're doing something in the living room, a friend starts to take his clothes off. He goes outside, turns on the hose and stands under the water and tells us he's taking a shower. In the guys front lawn. So now I'm thinking shit I hope he ate more than me. We get my friend back in the house. Half hour later he gets up and WALKS HOME. I was in the best shape of us and I went after him. And came on these things like I've never fried before. I got lost, went back to where I thought the condo was and knocked on a door. Then jiggled the lock to see if unlocked. Nope. Locked. Started to walk back to street and a linebacker tackles me thinking I'm a burglar or something. I end up in juvenile hall for the night. My friend walks 30 miles home, and I get arrested getting lost not far from the condo. And kept the 50% ratio of taking them to getting arrested. One guy said, "I was in bed when dumbshit over here gets the cops called to the house. I get out of bed, walk outside and I'm in custody in less than a minute". Damn. Pretty sure that was the only weekend of frying on these things from locals. I'm lucky I didn't go blind from morning glory seeds.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesmc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-magical-1970s?tu=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.