Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

grammer--.jpg
    There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

The machine that you like enough to play repeatedly at a friend's house, but probably wouldn't want in your own collection (brief explanation). Go!

#2 10 years ago

Too many to list and dont want to get into the debate thing. Thats my two cents.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek ,Mi.
    269-979-3836

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The machine that you like enough to play repeatedly at a friend's house

If someone has a pin at their house and I am lucky enough to get invited over I will play the heck out of any pin out there!!!!

but probably wouldn't want in your own collection (brief explanation).

I agree with Dayhuff above. Lots of them fit this criteria mostly due to the themes. This is more of a theme like/dislike question in my eyes so no need to go into it since it is so subjective.

#4 10 years ago

From my friends' perspective all of my machines fit this scenario. I buy them, pour money/time into them,(no complaints about this really as it is enjoyable to me as a hobby) set them on Free play, pay the electric bill, etc.. One friend did want me to find him a machine within a price range. I did this a few weeks ago, bought it, brought it home, offered it for exactly what I paid, would have been in the price range up and running, He said NO. The machine I found is even his favorite of what I have.
    Sorry this is not exactly your question answered but I do not know anyone close who has people over to play pinball.

#5 10 years ago

In the late 80's a friend bought a Black Knight. It would not fit in his apartment, so I made sure it ended up in the basement of my place. Lots of Fun.

#6 10 years ago

I'm glad my friends have STTNG because I can enjoy playing it and if it breaks down I can just walk away

#7 10 years ago

People all have different tastes in games. And when pinheads get together, I've found almost any game will be great. Throw some flippers and a steel ball in it, and the fun comes no matter what the game.

That being said, a friend used to own Harlem Globetrotters. I hated the game! It always kicked my ass, and I just couldn't keep up with it. Whenever I was over there I'd run through about 10 credits on it and walk away pissed off at the machine. Something I would never want in my house. Eventually he ended up selling it... To me! Damn thing is still in my basement, and although I am a lot better at it, the game still kicks my ass.

#8 10 years ago

All the ones I don't have or haven't played before.

Anytime a friend invites me over.. Or I invite myself.. HA... All is good..... Fun times ahead.

OT>.

It is also cool to meet new people. At the pin spots......So try if you can.. . Invite that " new guy and or gal" over .. Easier said then done... But their collection may be as awesome as your.own.

#9 10 years ago

Any game I sold them so I can buy it back when I get room.

#10 10 years ago

Use to be wcs but now it's Star Trek

#11 10 years ago

mystery castle.. because it would be too tempting to sell at the going rate if I owned it

#12 10 years ago

Buddy has a Fishtales. Such a frustrating game with semi annoying music. Love playing against him on it (along with getting high score) but probably will never get one.

#14 10 years ago

I had a Banzai Run, two people later, the game is at a friends house.
    I am glad I can play it there. That is one beast of a game to fix whats in the back of the playfield in the cabinet.

#15 10 years ago

Fish Tales, my wife doesn't want one, and to be fair, the plunger for the fish flapping around on the topper is REALLY REALLY loud...

#16 10 years ago

TZ. The first two games, it seems like the best game ever and then it turns into "meh".

#17 10 years ago

My friend has a STTNG and HS2. Having them in his collection is about the only way I'd get to play them.

#18 10 years ago

AC/DC, Tron, WH2O, TAF....well all seven of the ones he owns....playing his AC/DC makes me really want to buy one!

#19 10 years ago

AC/DC. Yep... that's the ticket!

#20 10 years ago

My buddy has all the A listers, but honestly the top two im always wanting to go back to play are his Tron Le, and his STTNG

#21 10 years ago

all of my friends have cool machines! one has TSPP and the other has JP!

#22 10 years ago

TOTAN, I now see why alot of people say it's highly overrated...

I still think it's fun and a looker, but I'd never buy one for the prices they go for...

#23 10 years ago

All the ones I am too cheap to buy.

#24 10 years ago

I have yet to find a single person near me that owns a pinball machine!

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

TOTAN, I now see why alot of people say it's highly overrated...
    I still think it's fun and a looker, but I'd never buy one for the prices they go for...

I love to spin the crap out of the lamp! I Love Lamp! Wish the price was lower also...would own one

#26 10 years ago

The machine that you like enough to play repeatedly at a friend's house, but probably wouldn't want in your own collection (brief explanation). Go!

Any LE machine and WoZ.....because I don't feel like dishing out $8-9k for my own

#27 10 years ago

I need to get some friends with pins. I need to get some friends with money to buy pins.

#28 10 years ago

My good buddy Tom has a whole pile of A list games I could never afford.

P.S. Congrats to the OP for using "your" and "you're" correctly in the thread title. God, I cringe when I see that error, all the time, here. You'd think I "would of" gotten used to it by now.

(In Morse code (ham radio), we use "ur" for either -- I'd rather see that than the error!)

#29 10 years ago

Good friend owns an IM. Love the game but would get frustrated if I owned it.

Quoted from fiberdude120:I need to get some friends with pins. I need to get some friends with money to buy pins.

don't let them play your collection and see how many find a way to get one…shitty but it may work.

#30 10 years ago

So many friends have great games I don't know where to start. My bride and I are always thankful to get out and play. Maybe it's time to start having more meet-ups at our place!

#31 10 years ago

My friend Deaconblooze has two of them- AC/DC Premium and Whitewater. AC/DC (and any newer Stern for that matter) are just too expensive for me to justify the purchase of a toy. My cap on any single pin is 5k. Whitewater is a game I miss a ton, then play it, usually kick the living snot out of it, and then put it away wet. That pretty much gets it out of my system for a few months, then repeats itself over and over.

ChrisS has a FT that is exactly the same as Whitewater for me- Miss mine a ton, play it, destroy it, put it away. He also has a Heavy Metal Meltdown that doesn't belong anywhere in my house, but I can't stop playing it when I am over there....

#32 10 years ago

MB. I like the game, and no one else has one on route. I would never pay the going rate for one, so it is nice to still get to play the one at my friend's house.

#33 10 years ago

TZ...I owned it but for me its better to play it a few times a year there then to turn it on a few times a year at my house.
    Great game just not a machine I gravitate toward in my arcade.
    Xmen - owned it but not for long - great layout but I'm not a comic fan so it didnt draw me in. Beautiful IMO but I could not get into it.
    AFM- again fun game never owned it never will - cost to fun ratio not there for me.
    Scared Stiff - never owned it -again I play it at friends house but its simple and fun but I can see the simple dampening the fun factor at my place.

And the list goes on ...thats why we all dont have the same collection.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

My good buddy Tom has a whole pile of A list games I could never afford.
    P.S. Congrats to the OP for using "your" and "you're" correctly in the thread title. God, I cringe when I see that error, all the time, here. You'd think I "would of" gotten used to it by now.
    (In Morse code (ham radio), we use "ur" for either -- I'd rather see that than the error!)

grammer--.jpggrammer--.jpg
    #35 10 years ago

Scared Stiff - found it very monotonous when I owned it and too easy, but I enjoy putting a few games on it at a friends. Not a bad game, but one I'd never want again, even with the cheap price I got mine for (by today's standards).

TOTAN -Absolutely stunning looking and playing game, but the music and call outs I find grating enough to never want one for myself. Still enjoy putting some time on it at a friends.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

My friend has a STTNG and HS2. Having them in his collection is about the only way I'd get to play them.

Well my friend has 23 (and counting) machines in his line up 21 of which I don't have......so yeah I'm glad he's nearby....even though I need to get over there more often!

#37 10 years ago

I'm glad my buddy Mike owns Supersonic so I can play something solid state now and then and still feel competitive. I just wish the local tech would work faster so it was running again.

That other guy in town has a pretty sweet setup too. No Ems though.

#38 10 years ago

I'm happy for every pinball friend I have that has any machine. If I had the room and money I would own them ALL!!!

#39 10 years ago

There are soo many, that I can't name them all....so I just agree with the ones that said I am grateful for all my friends that have pins that I can play when I visit them!!

Phoebe

#40 10 years ago

MM,MB,CV

All great pins in fantastic condition that I love to play but are on the more expensive side when it comes to purchasing.

I am very grateful that I have a good mate who allows me to play these games whenever we catch up and have a few beers.

#41 10 years ago

I am glad my friend has a great selection of Ballys: Centaur, Fathom and Medusa to name my favorites. All are on my wish list but I don't feel the pressing need to seek one of them as I can find these jewels elsewhere.

#43 10 years ago

I'm looking forward to playing some Apollo 13 at my friend's, the idea of 13 steel balls whacking the playfield plastics at the same time..ouch!

#44 10 years ago

mm, woz, mb, potc, tz.

#45 10 years ago

Doctor Who

#46 10 years ago

I just feel lucky ANYTIME I get invited over to play as I like diversity.

That said, I love playing all the newer Sterns but dont see myself owning most.

I enjoy ACDC, TRON, and MET very much when I get the shot to play them but they just are not for my personal tastes to own.

I hope other enjoy the diversity that my collection offers since it is in the lower end of the price spectrum.

#47 10 years ago

Any EM pin. A friend has a few nice EM games in his collection, like Fireball and Atlantis, but I feel that they're more nostalgic or collector's pieces rather than fun games that I would play frequently.

Also, Theatre of Magic & Twilight Zone. Probably because my pinball skills are still at the basic stage. Maybe they will make it to my home collection once I improve my skills and knowledge of each game's rulesets.

#48 10 years ago

WoZ and RFM. I like playing them once in a while because of their unique nature, but will never own one.

#49 10 years ago

the fun ones with no lasting power, and the expensive ones.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I just wish the local tech would work faster so it was running again.

I actually completed his driver board yesterday, so hopefully that will take care of it!

I agree with everyone that says they're just glad they have friends that let them come over to play! I've had my brother's RS for the last couple of months, I really like the game, but don't think it would be one that I'd want to own given my limited space.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-machine-youre-glad-your-friend-owns and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.