• The Machine: Bride of Pinbot 30 votes
    48%
  • The Getaway: High Speed II 33 votes
    52%

(63 votes)

#1 1 year ago

Take a Moment to coment on your choice!

#2 1 year ago

Uff.....uff I don't care for either SO much.

HS2 easily though; and I am not a fan. It's at least a game....BOP is all sound

EDIT: You can at least upgrade BOP to 2.0 if that factors in.

#3 1 year ago

Getaway for me but I like them both.

#4 1 year ago

Getaway by a mile.

#5 1 year ago

Very little imagination in The Getaway. Drab sound affects and awful art..

#6 1 year ago

Tough question. I’d give the slight edge to The Getaway. BOP really isn’t that deep but that’s not saying it’s a bad game.

#7 1 year ago

I prefer Getaway but do like BoP alot.

#8 1 year ago

Like both, Getaway has more going for it in terms of rules, toys etc I'd say. It will probably last you longer than BOP.

#9 1 year ago

Both got old quickly

#10 1 year ago

A ramp shot VS Getaway High Speed II

#11 1 year ago

Bop is a cool game but I'd have to go with The Getaway. Maybe Mustang Paul can chime in. I know he has both.

#12 1 year ago

Getaway is shallow but is fast and fun. Supercharger is pretty cool, especially when you get 3 balls going. Shooting the top loop with the upper flipper never gets old. Love the lightshow getting jackpots. I really enjoyed mine while I had it. If I had more space for games I would of kept it. BOP is fun as well. While I have not had much time playing it, it also seems pretty simple. Not sure what else you do besides shooting the ramp. I have to give the edge to Getaway for the Ritchie flow and third flipper. If I could have a large collection, I would love to have both.

#13 1 year ago

Shift gears!!! Getaway for me.

#14 1 year ago

Getaway by a mile Because BOP is just shoot left ramp over and over until you get bored and stop playing.

#15 1 year ago

Is this a deciding to sell thread?
I'd sell both.
-mof

#16 1 year ago

I owned a bop, had it next to my pinbot. great music/sound effects/call outs. gameplay is left ramp all day and grows old quick. never missed it for a moment.

#17 1 year ago

Love them both, but voted BOP. why? it takes me instantly back in time to one of the arcades I used to play at. I cant get over the callouts and the heartbeat. First time i heard it while playing i couldnt believe it.

#18 1 year ago

Run The Red Light! Getaway by a mile!

#19 1 year ago

I’d prefer bop, just for the sexual overtones.....and the chicks voice. Heck, if I could switch Siri’s voice to hers I’d buy new iPads and iPhones.

#20 1 year ago

I prefer an adrenaline ride over fu*#ing robots, so Getaway for sure.

#21 1 year ago

My vote would be BOP but that’s becuase there is some sentimental value for me. It was on location at this bowling alley for a while when I was on a youth league back in the mid 90s. Got to play it a lot and learned about rule sets.

#22 1 year ago

Getaway all the way!

#23 1 year ago

Getaway is a great game, but the heartbeat blackout, 1 Billion points shot, sound, and artwork, make BoP a slightly more exciting game in my opinion. I have owned one for alomost a year and still no one is tired of going for a billion points.

#24 1 year ago

ugh, i have to reluctantly go with The Getaway, even though my heart is with BOP.

It's a real shame. BOP has such cool art, sound effects, and mechs. I love the rotating head, and the progression of bringing the Bride to life. Unfortunately, everyone else is right about the Shuttle Ramp being the only shot that matters. Well ok, there is also that left horseshoe if you want to chase extra balls, but the only thing extra balls are good for are shooting the Shuttle Ramp some more. :/

Also, it's broken in competition, since the Billionaire Club shot makes literally everything else on the game pointless. And even if you disable that, the scoring is still annoyingly random with the big and small wheels doling out random awards for the bulk of a player's score.

So I guess it breaks down like this:

Art: BOP
Sound: BOP
Mechs: BOP (but the supercharger ain't bad either)
Layout: Getaway
Gameplay: Getaway
Longevity: Getaway
Competition: Getaway

I have to say those latter gameplay factors are more important. It doesn't matter how pretty a game is if it's a chore to play.

The Getaway is pretty good, but it's not a great game in my opinion. It's definitely a game you can come back to more often than BOP, though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 17.99
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Knoxville, TN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Falling Waters, WV
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 109.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside