(Topic ID: 257010)

The lost topper story

By Wineinger09

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I am fairly new to the pinball hobby, purchasing my first game (Metallica) in June. I quickly got addicted and decided to buy my next game, Monster Bash LE in July.

I ordered from Mike with GAP and the game arrived on August 1st. Little to my knowledge (being a pinball noob), I was unaware that the topper was to arrive in a separate box attached to the top of the big box. I signed the receipt label with the shipper, and once I got the box inside my house quickly realized there was no topper. I contacted Mike and he was great help from the start. Between Mike and myself we had many a conversations with the shipping company who basically took no fault for the missing extra box. Even though I had taken pictures of the arrived box with shipping truck showing the extra missing box. Basically they said I signed for it and sucks to be you. They went back to go look at dock videos, and magically those videos had been erased. Needless to say I was feeling helpless, but Mike from the get go said we will get this figured out. This could have been deflating moment especially for someone new to the hobby.

Mike and I went back and forth with the shipping company, and a few weeks/months passed. He then contacted me out of the blue and said "We Found it". The shipping company had shipped the box back to Chicago Gaming Company, and CGC had it in their possession but had no idea who it belonged to. The shipping company I should mention never mentioned any of this to us, and the only reason we knew is because of us contacting CGC.

The topper was broken and CGC fixed it at no cost to myself.

Well today the topper finally arrived and it looks beautiful.

If you are looking for a distributor I would highly recommend Mike at GAP. I will definitely be purchasing from him again in the future for any CGC games which I will for sure be buying again.

#2 4 years ago

Glad you finally got the top! I just ordered an le and it’s a big part of what sets it apart from the herd

#3 4 years ago

GAP = Good People.

#4 4 years ago

Which shipping company?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Which shipping company?

Roadrunner transportation

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Wineinger09:

The shipping company I should mention never mentioned any of this to us, and the only reason we knew is because of us contacting CGC.

You’ll learn soon that shipping companies suck! Use Bob Cunningham or Rixzilla or another pinball transporter

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lost-topper-story?hl=wineinger09 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.