3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by HighVoltage
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Williams-Stack (resized).jpg
    14691308_10154685925363901_146239163764860544_o (resized).jpg
    14691426_10154685925633901_5939006902501294971_o (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frobozz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Since so many people missed my seminar at Pinball Expo 2016 (curse you, Adam West autograph session!), and since nobody was filming all the seminars this year, I decided to put it together as a web page. You miss out on my dubious public speaking talents, but at least the info is all there.

http://backglass.org/williams/tlpdohw/expo2016/

What's missing here is pictures of the completed game, since of course it was sitting there at the show for the seminar attendees to just go see and play in person. When I get a free moment (might be days from now!) I'll take some pictures of the playfield and post them. There are a few pictures of the game while it was at Expo, sprinkled around the other topics.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

nice write up....extremely interesting and wished I hadn't missed the seminar.
    I know your wife is smiling on you. As well as Harry, and the rest of the crew.

Thanks for the kind words. And small world - I grew up in Leesburg! Well, 7th-12th grades anyway.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I really enjoyed the story. Thank you for sharing it. Those of you interested in pinball history should listen to the This Old Pinball podcast (TOPcast) interviews. Clay has interviewed some of the biggest names in the industry, including Steve Kordek (show 23) and Norm Clark (show 33).
    http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/past.php

And let's not forget the legendary Episode 58...

#25 3 years ago

The production drawings of actual games went to The Strong Museum of Play. I lobbied WMS to be able to make small images of them available to IPDB but for whatever reason they didn't want that. Perhaps someday The Strong will be able to do that? (I supplied them with all the scans in addition to the physical paper, so they wouldn't have to duplicate the efforts I had already put in for WMS.) These were just the drawings from the beginning of the company up through Project 399, plus a couple of random things newer than that. The bulk of the newer stuff Project 400 through SW:EI does still exist, and was shipped to Planetary Pinball. I hope to visit them someday and help them get a handle on what they have, but it's theirs and I have no access or control over that.

The unmade Harry Williams drawings were part of the vast Steve Kordek personal archives, which I now have possession of. I have the original drawings, and I have made scans of all of them, but I'm not willing to just dump them all out there for public consumption. I have been burying poor Jay at IPDB with all manner of other scans of historical paper and artifacts, but these are special.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 34.99
    Cleaner
    Pinball Pro
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    € 339.00
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frobozz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside