2016 pictures 007 (resized).JPG
IMG_20161009_102804034 (resized).jpg
Bally Atlantis 241 (resized).jpg
Bally Atlantis 244 (resized).jpg
Bally Atlantis 243 (resized).jpg
Bally Atlantis 242 (resized).jpg
Bally Atlantis 239 (resized).jpg
Bally Atlantis 240 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

The batteries that are on the boards need replaced.Should and can I get originals? Should I replace with a AA holder?

I recommend 5V 1uF memory capacitors, that's what I used on mine. Never worry about batteries, leakage and very inexpensive. All you have to do is play a game once a month.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Got that . still looking for tech advice.Does the battery have anything to do beyond keeping memory?

For the most part, the game should play normally without a battery. The battery just holds the audit and adjustment information in memory. Just be aware of the following:
> you might experience some oddities such as no voice sounds if these adjustments are not set because of the absence of a battery. Once you set them to a proper valid setting they will work
> On some 6803 games you might find you cannot get a credit into the game if the memory becomes corrupt from a bad battery. Go into the audits and adjustments menu, set the credits-per-play to a valid number.

#34 8 years ago

Never hurts to double check the logic supply, make sure within a few tenths of 5VDC and check AC ripple, you're probably ok - at least you know the processor is running a program from the flashes. I'd also say swap that CMOS ram out next if you can't boot it.

#36 8 years ago

Rectifying AC to make it DC results in a pulsing DC output. Filtering "fills in" the gaps between the pulses. If viewed on a scope, the rectified DC is never pure like the DC from a battery. It has waves that ride on the DC - ripple.
Logic circuits don't play well when the ripple is too large. You can measure a good DC voltage and still have a crappy DC supply because of the AC component. Measure
the DC supply using an AC setting on s DMM if you don't have a scope. In general you want to measue less than about 500mvAC of ripple. When is too high, that's usually because of a filter cap problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lost-pinballatlantis-restored?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.