New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 112137)

The Lord of the Rings LOTR Journey begins here members club

By skywalker

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,608 posts
  • 552 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by etien
  • Topic is favorited by 283 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,493 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201201_215525 (resized).jpg
FF9B3710-A2EF-4FC5-8133-C99C8EF8C680 (resized).jpeg
bundle1 (resized).jpg
LoTR+Hobbit (resized).jpg
LoTR3 (resized).jpg
LoTR2 (resized).jpg
LoTR1 (resized).jpg
D3B49811-E706-4DDD-AA0A-815ADC0F7534 (resized).jpeg
763D59EC-5DDC-403E-BB70-B71BF1596D55 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9086 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpg
2AA3412A-B325-4F6E-9DE4-6C40E91E0F54 (resized).jpeg
86F20202-ABA7-4CC9-BEDD-90AE3090E470 (resized).jpeg
220E459A-770F-4322-BBBD-EEF35BD4DDDF (resized).jpeg
63512975-2B2D-4081-95B0-3D1ADF7D5653 (resized).jpeg
510E7D60-B5B9-41E5-81E5-18ADF4E3AD19 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (3 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (1 year ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zora.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#246 5 years ago

I own a Lotr LE since some weeks and absolutly love the game. However my Lotr has the normal flipper coils, which get hot After 30 minutes. Then it is extremly difficult to achieve Ring shots, because the Flippers are extremly week. I know that I can install stronger coils, but I fear that I might ruin my pin on the long run, when shooting with additional power of upgraded flipper coils. Looking into youtube Lotr games of skilled players, it seems that they do not suffer any Problems with the flipper strength. Have they all installed the strong coils? What do you think of this issue? Is it only a Choice between very week flippers/week Games and strong Flippers/detroying the Game on the Long run?

Trank you for any feedback

Greetings from Germany

Eckhard

8 months later
#603 4 years ago

I am definitely interested! Send me a PM when this part is available.

Regards

Eckhard

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

But do you have to go through the ring with both balls when hitting the one the ring is holding?
I always thought I wasn't beating DTR because when hitting the ball in the ring it did go through, but the one i hit it with jumped back out. My understanding was that the second ball needs to pass the ring together with the first (held) one to complete DTR.

You only have to kick the held ball in the ring. The second one Needs not to pass through, but generally falls off at the front of the ring. But that is ok for destroying the ring. If the first ball drops in front of the ring you need to kick one of the 2 balls straight through the ring to destroy it.

#631 4 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

you can set the game so that you don't have to knock the ball out . the first ball will wobble and fall out and then the second ball just needs to pass thru. (i think)

You can set the DTR mode to one ball, which has to pass through the ring. But in this mode you do not get a second ball. If you set to 2 balls, you have to kick the stuck ball into the ring with your second ball. If the stuck ball falls out during Play, you play with 2 balls and must kick one of these through thr ring (like in the one ball mode).

#634 4 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

It's also been reported by some that the 2 ball DTR can damage the ring magnets over time (due to long magnet times holding the first ball in place). Yet to experience any issues with mine though.

Then destroy the ring quickly to avoid any damage

#639 4 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

This would mean that, if in 2-ball-mode, i hit the held ball out of the magnet but it doesn't award DTR and then hit through the ring again and it doesn't award it either, I can be sure switch 48 is the problem - right?
Not to much in troubleshooting mood these days, but if i can narrow it down to one possible problem i'll go ahead and repair it immediately.
Thanks yoshootme, but I want to stick with 2-ball-mode. I'm a sucker for effects and the one-ball-version is not remotely as impressive.

The same with me. I first played with one ball mode, but two balls is much more fun.

In your case I would say that your switch or opto (no idea which no.) is not working. But I am not a tech freak. Greetings to Munich.

5 months later
#1101 4 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

You do not want the "upgraded" coils. They are too powerful and then eventually fade down to the standard level after a long time of running.
The problem with LOTR has always been heat regardless of what coils you use.
Here is how to get the best experience from LOTR flippers.
1) Rebuild the flippers using all stock parts
2) Zip tie some 12v 120mm silent computer fans onto the coil brackets to keep the stock coils cool for extended play.
3) Plug the fans into the aux 12v plug on the inside right of the coin door.
What this does is give you the correct strength of flipper that never heats up and therefore never fades. Not one that starts normal then gets weak and not one that starts off way too powerful then gets to normal level. Just nice proper strength all the time.
Happy flipping .

Exactly, I also use the Computer Fans to keep the temperature constant. However, I would take the APB Enterprises coils, which arme a bin more powerful, but not over-powered.

7 months later
#1566 3 years ago

Yes, I have the Same view. They are too Blue, which is not the Game color. Red/orange is the Main Game color.

2 months later
#1735 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hi all, here are some WIP vids of my LOTR Wool Mix. I used the Pinsound community OST mix as a base but have changed > 95% of music and added a tonne of speech/fx direct from the DVD centre channel mix. The mode songs are faithful to the films even to the point in how they layer up through progression (like the ringwraithes mode).
Apologies for the mediocre sound quality but you get the idea.
» Vimeo video
» Vimeo video

I love the sound package as well, however I miss the main theme sound of the music, which is installed in the moment. Have you deleted this? The additional music tracks for the mods are perfect.

#1737 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

That's the good thing you can add in what you want, if you want a mix of vanilla vs. new mix then it's up to you

I prefer a mix of vanilla and chocolate Understand what you mean. Thanks and enjoy your mix.

1 month later
#1883 3 years ago

I would like installing LEDs in my army of the dead figures and connecting them with the green path of the dead lamps so that the LEDs will light together with the respective green lamp.

How do I connect the LEDs with the green lamp? The green lamps are connected with each other, which makes it even more difficult for me.

Has anybody installed this already? Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Regards

1 year later
#4382 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I was one very last shot away from starting Valinor, and the flippers were too weak to make the ring shot.
It's weird because it made the first ring shot, but the second just wouldn't go. I made about 7-8 shots, and some were very clean.
I also noticed that it's usually easy to make the first ring shot, but not the second. Even if I get into DTR early on.
Any ideas what that could be?

I red somewhere that the flipperpower is reduced during DTR. That should reflect that Frodo was very exhausted at the time he reached the Vulcan.

#4386 1 year ago
Quoted from red-line:

Source? Seems far-fetched

I do not remember I red it. But you can notice it during gameplay.

1 month later
#4564 1 year ago
Quoted from Prophet:

Mezel Mod Ring of Fire is awesome! Below is a link to a quick vid of what it looks like on my LOTR. Lord of the Rings

I also installed a new acrylic for my path of the dead mod. Bought it from pixmanohio here on Pinside biz. Take a look, it's a huge improvement in my opinion.[quoted image][quoted image]

The Ring of Fire mod looks fantastic, but is sold out on the Mezel Mod homepage. Does anybody know if and when it will be again?

#4569 1 year ago

Thank you for the link!

3 months later
#5136 1 year ago
Quoted from red-line:

Just pulled the glass off. Confirmed, having a perfect super ring frenzy (hit each ring shot 3 times before hitting the center) lights extra ball.

You need to achieve only two ring shots three times and then the ring to get an extra ball light on. If you have all ring shots three times you get 10 m additionally to the extra ball.

#5141 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

2 of the flashing shots 3 times then the ring or 4 flashing 3 times then the ring? , i will gladly take the eb for 6 shots and a ring shot!!!!!!!!
maybe a setting in the menu?

For EB 2 of the flashing shots 3 times, then the ring, if you achieve all flashing 3 times and then th ring, you get additional 10 m , at least in my factory settings.

10 months later
#6379 88 days ago
Quoted from thewool:

I just added the 2Niro 'Ring of Fire' mod to my machine.
Wow it's amazing!!!! maybe one of the best mods added to my LOTR yet.

Then buy the 2 other mods from 2Niro as well. They are unique and fit so much to the game. Highly recommended. I have all 3 and would take them again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zora.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside