pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0841 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0840 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2852 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315-080536 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zippof15e.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1868 6 years ago

I'm now an official pinside member, just picked up my first pinball, a nice huo lotr. Shipping terminal said earliest delivery was in 7 days, So I just drove my truck the last 50 miles and picked it up. Put my first mod in it on night one, the excellent habitrail mod to get rid of that ugly plastic from ryan1234, works great. Unfortunately day 3 and my gimli hole has stopped registering. Had to figure out how to open up the machine and then undid the switch and played with it a bit and it seems to work a little better but may have to replace it. Need to get a soldering iron. Other issue is some of the bulbs will work one day but not the next. Right now the Fotr is out, but yesterday it was the Merry red arrow and war of the ents. Bought some bulbs for those but today they are working. Anyone else have this issue where lights will work one time and not the next? I'm guessing some faulty wires...looks like it may be out of my league to shoot those.

IMG_0584 (resized).JPGIMG_0584 (resized).JPG

IMG_0586 (resized).JPGIMG_0586 (resized).JPG

IMG_0585 (resized).JPGIMG_0585 (resized).JPG

IMG_0587 (resized).JPGIMG_0587 (resized).JPG

IMG_0588 (resized).JPGIMG_0588 (resized).JPG

#1874 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Welcome to the world of pinball maintenance. First off those switches are often flaky, swap it out and done. Pinball Life will be your new friend soon. lol Also, the bulbs are a Good reason most swap over to LED's. You will never stay find a day when every bulb is working. Only thing I would say is IF you go LED, 1 do Not buy those kits. Save your money and hit Comet Pinball and save $$$$ buying in bags. 2 LOTR with LED's Needs the LED OCD upgrade unless you want it to look like a seizure light display. Good Luck!

Thanks for the advice. Woke up this morning and all the lights are working. Must be because I my shipment in of spare bulbs arrived today too. Unfortunately gimli switch was giving me fits so I bought a soldering iron, a battery powered pos I might add, spent a few hours trying to teach myself how to use it and two shitty solders later the replacement switch works marginally better. I will definitely order a few of those Star Trek switches as these y fork switches are frustrating me. Did have my best game of the week, one shot away from first destroy the ring, 52 mil...starting to get the hang of it.

Looking at AUKraut's pictures above I couldn't help myself and had to order a speaker light kit, just looks so cool. Think I will stick with the incandescent bulbs for a while, and maybe slowly convert to led. I just really like the warm lighting of the incandescents. To each his own.

#1890 6 years ago

Doug, thanks for the advise, will try mounting as you suggest it and post some pics. Looking forward to it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 12.95
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zippof15e.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=zippof15e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.