IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider statsdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#867 7 years ago

Looks like I will be joining the LOTR club this next week. Randy (beelzeboob) sold me his LOTR this past week (great guy, by the way). The one thing it does not have is LED's. I am an LED type of guy, so I would really appreciate any advice on LED packages for LOTR, or comments on whether I should customize it with my own LED bulb choices. I have custom LED'd my TZ and STTNG in the past, and have been very happy with what I design, but there may be LOTR LED packages that have it just right. I don't generally play in the dark, for what that is worth.

I have to admit to being pretty excited (along with my family). I have never played LOTR (none local and the one at HoF was out when I was in Vegas), but it clearly a favorite around here. Keefer is my favorite programmer, so I know I will like the style.

Stepped out of my Hobbit order to get it. I played Hobbit at a friends and it just didn't click for me, although I am sure it will be a fun game eventually.

#870 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

LOTR looks better with incandescents imo due to the theme and artwork.

I see Randy "approved of this message", so I will give incandescents a try first. His LOTR sounds amazing, and I don't want to wreck the look. I just hate changing bulbs and love intense colors.

#873 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Look...here's my take on this: I loveloveLOVE LEDs in pinball machines. I have them in every machine except LOTR. I put them in there and it looked like unicorn puke. Then I ordered a whole huge bag of the retro LED bulbs from Cointaker - I think I spent over $100 on all the bulbs I got. I put them in and I hated them. They were too yellow.
In my IJ, I have warm whites in all the inserts, but the GI and backbox is done with incandescents. It adds a nice warm glow and fits the retro feel. So, too, with LOTR. It's middle earth, not Funhouse, and it should have a dark feel with some warmth to it. There are LEDs in the POTD mod, and inside Balrog (because that's a bitch to change out...now you never have to worry about it!). And I think I have a green one under the Legolas ramp by the POTD to light that corner up green. That's it.
It's your machine now, and you can do what you like, of course. This was what I came up with after a lot of experimentation.
Every machine is different!

I think the hobbits should have been pink and blue anyway in the movie. Aren't they just variations of the munchkins in WOZ. Perhaps they would have destroyed the ring faster if they had Glinda instead of that ole wimpy Gandalf.

Thanks for the comments. I will heed your advice ... at least as far as you know.

#874 7 years ago

Anyone have a line on some cheap pink and blue non-ghosting LEDs. Its for this other pinball machine I have.

#876 7 years ago

Naw, I sold that one already. Don't you remember, you were the high bidder on eBay and then flaked out on me and made me sell it to this 10 year old in Iowa

1 month later
#950 7 years ago

New owner question ... When you collect Aragorn, or Gimli, or any of the other characters, it is shown on the DMD and they make some sort of statement (e.g. "You have my axe.) I have not seen Boromir though or heard him. Is something wrong, or is he not included? I collect all of the characters for Fellowship, but he just seems to show up unannounced.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 7.50
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider statsdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=statsdoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.