IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skorr_arcades.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6673 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron4:

Also looking for an ARWEN plastic for LOTR if anyone has one... or happy to get a good scan as well to make my own. Anything know of anything available? (all the normal interweb sites appear to be out).

I just took a picture today and created a Photoshop template to the exact size (first time trying to copy pinball plastics).
My copy is the top one - printed from a Brother Color laser onto hp premium paper (not glossy). So an inkjet to glossy vinyl will look brighter.

I also finished making Custom side blades and a speaker panel. They're printed on plain paper right now in the pics.

I just got the game about 4 weeks ago. I never played it before I got it. Man is this a great pin! I feel like I'm going on the journey every time I play it.

IMG_20210110_003007387_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_003007387_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_003658618 (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_003658618 (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_003716156_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_003716156_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_003828108_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_003828108_HDR (resized).jpg
#6677 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Curious, what printer model do you use for that (especially the side blade)
Cheers

I just bought the Brother HL-L3270CDW $250 If you can find it in stores.
I use it to mock up the designs.

I'll probably print out the final version of the blades on my HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 inkjet printer because it might look more glossy. I print to 8-1/2x11 Glossy Vinyl sheets, cut into 4 sections and then I put a clear laminate over the final blade to make it one whole piece.

#6680 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

OK, I'm definitely curious now... How do you manage to line up perfectly the 4 pieces ? And... How do you laminate (sorry, noob here with regards to printing stuff).
And I would very very much appreciate your photoshop file for your blades

Having my template is fine, but it's still a process to cut out the 4 pieces. Once I have the design just right, I use New Guide option to make the vertical lines for my cuts. I flatten the image. Then I can select one section and use Ctrl-J to copy that section into a new layer. Then select the background again and select the next section to cut out. Then I copy/paste each section/layer into a separate 8-1/2x11 Landscape file that has guides around the edges so my final printout doesn't get cutoff on the printer. I use a razor blade to cut the vinyl all around. Line it up, some tape on edges to hold it together. Then I bought a 12"x30ft roll of clear vinyl. Peel and roll the clear vinyl onto the blade. Trim excess clear and done. Or just use template and send it to a professional printer to print as one large sheet. Guess I should make a YouTube video

2 weeks later
#6717 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Finally beat the long standing 30 second Ring Champion (from my now 13 year old kid). That was about as fast as I think I'll ever do it.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Now you can get back to making more tower and vulcano mods when the materials come in.

My kids don't want to play my pins, so I have all the high scores.

1 week later
#6750 3 years ago
Quoted from Superpops1:

Just picked up, there is 1 more available. Potd mod here we go. Does anyone have suggestions on how to mount the soldiers? I was thinking to use some type of stiff wire to mount to the top of the posts.
ebay.com link » New Play Along Toys The Lord Of The Rings Army Of The Dead Figures

Pic is of my machine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1195-rgp-models/02523-lord-of-the-rings-lotr-path-of-the-dead-etched-acrylic

IMG_20210130_204330081 (resized).jpgIMG_20210130_204330081 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#6956 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

And... I did not know that either... One more reason to remove the diverter. Provided that I can find a plastic ramp to protect below

You can cut your own clear acrylic and put over the original plastic. I scanned in the Arwen graphic if you want it to make your own.

1 month later
#7193 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Does anyone sell path of the dead army lighting? I have the figures.
Thanks

I bought a 'kit' from someone and it came with comet pinball matrix star post lights - for some reason they were purple instead of green.
(I messed up one light in the pic)

IMG_20210408_171927898 (resized).jpgIMG_20210408_171927898 (resized).jpg
#7196 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Are they on all the time, or connected to other switches? I’ve been thinking about just getting star posts lights and doing it that way.
Also wondering if I should get green or if warm white keeps enough green showing up in them. But purple? That’s odd. They’re not GOTD right?

Yes, they are on all the time. I used a comet bulb connector and plugged it into a gi socket on the very back of the playfield. What does gotd stand for/mean?

2 months later
#7421 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Wondering where you guys decided to tap into to power your POTD mod?

Mine just came with Cometpinball matrix star post lights all connected together with y adapters and then powered by a matrix bayonet quick connect bulb.

#7431 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Did you just put them into the GI? Also what color of star post lights, green?

Yes, plugged into gi with the Cometpinball led that has a matrix connector on it.
The kit came with Purple lights, so I kept them since I actually liked it. I had to buy more plastic spacers to raise the plastic because the matrix connectors were interfering with the ball.
It's not in the picture, but I also heated shrink wrapped the connections.

IMG_20210130_204330081 (resized).jpgIMG_20210130_204330081 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#7847 2 years ago

I need help with TTT multiball.

My 'The Two Towers' multiball doesn't lock the balls when I shoot up the sword ramp.

Every time it hits the 'Rail Ramp Exit' #22 switch, the 'Sword Lock Release' #21 coil fires, dropping the ball back into the inlane.

I can only lock the balls on the sword ramp if they bypass the 'rail ramp exit' switch by going through the Gimli vuk, or through the Ring to the back winding wire ramp.

Changing the 'TTT Lock Difficulty' only changes "how hard it is to light locks". So that setting doesn't matter.

Switches work in test mode, but the logic isn't working.

#7849 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Have you validated that the ramp entrance switch and the pre-lock switch are all working 100% along with the lock rollover switches?

I've had the game for over a year, it worked properly before.
Yes, I light locks with the keep letters, lock is lit. The switch at the bottom of the sword ramp registers, then the ball triggers the rail ramp exit, which always drops the plastic ball stop before the ball gets to the 3 ball lock switches.
Not sure what you mean by 'pre-lock' switch.

I've been dealing with this issue for weeks, so right now I just bent the ramp rail switch out of the way so it never gets triggered, and now the ball locks work like they are supposed to. Go figure.

5 months later
#8271 1 year ago

Need help
LOTR Sword Lock Doesn't work for me anymore.

Everytime the ball goes up the sword lock ramp and hits the 'Rail Ramp Exit' switch #22, it triggers the ball stop plunger to go down. The balls only lock when they bypass the switch via the Gimli vuk or the back curvy ramp.
The only work-a-round I found was to tape the switch closed, then the ball will lock, and if it's actually not supposed to lock yet, it will release a ball after a short delay.
I changed out the switch (I had to get a long straight one and bend it since the past is out of stock). That didn't help. I factory reset the game and that didn't help either.
Any idea why the locking logic is all messed up now?
I did replace the Gimli vuk switch, but I'm not sure if this issue happened before or after I changed it.

Some examples:

Thx

7 months later
#9139 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Okay... I've played around with my settings and am not sure if I have a switch broken or there is an option somewhere to start a game with the mode started on the first ball. You hit start and the first mode immediately starts.
Still loving this game. 2nd longest in my collection. My homemade flipper fans make a huge difference in playability and I can tell when they are having issues.

I had a similar situation. Check the cables on the backboard right behind the tower.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 39.50
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skorr_arcades.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=skorr_arcades and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.