IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rvapinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1084 7 years ago

Rai, try giving your game just one coat of wax if you haven't already. I bought a HUO low plays game and could make the ring just fine from both, but still felt it should be a little cleaner/easier of a shot. After the wax the ring shot was much more makeable and all others felt a lot smoother. Plus of course the playfield protection is nice.

1 month later
#1190 7 years ago

How does everyone replace the two bulbs under either inlane guide? You know, the ones you can't access from under the playfield because the flippers are mounted there...

2 months later
#1341 7 years ago

If the magnet locks on at powerup you have a shorted transistor for it. Do not overfuse it you will fry something. There are many threads out there on this subject. Replacing the transistor is an easy job in Whitestar and SAM games.

6 months later
#1834 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

That switch triggers the ring magnet. Do you think that could be what you are hearing?

This has to be what he's hearing. I can hear it while playing with the glass on.

2 months later
#2004 6 years ago

Out of random curiosity, does the LE use a bidirectional relay board to control balrog like the standard version does?

#2019 6 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

There is a controller board for Balrog underneath the playfield. If you follow the cabling you should find it. You've got cold solder joints on that board. Reflow the solder on the connections and he'll stop his jitterbug dance.

This. Called the bidirectional relay board. It's a 2" by 2" board with a relay on it. Almost certainly your problem.

1 week later
#2054 6 years ago

Friends of the Fellowship, I need to buy a figure mounting set for my LOTR LE, does anyone have a spare set laying around to sell me? Can't seem to get a response from Pinbits to see if they'll be available again. Thanks!

2 months later
#2436 6 years ago

Two ball destroy the ring is a really great thought, but even with like-new flippers it presents some challenges. Switch to 1 ball, have more fun and save a lot of headache if you have standard coils. There's no reason that mode should be so difficult and it's just as fun with 1.

2 months later
#2660 6 years ago

Again with the Gimli VUK Switch topic haha:

My super low plays LOTR LE has an intermittent gimli switch. Maybe 60% of the time it registers but otherwise can sit in there with no response. I'm guessing the micro switch is fine(but maybe not?). I have a spare switch. But would rather adjust the fork actuator and save $10 if I can. Anybody had luck with adjusting the original actuator?

#2662 6 years ago

Is there a trick to adjusting an actuator like this? I always seem to do more harm than good trying to adjust actuators.

#2667 6 years ago

Aha ok I'll give those things a look. Hadn't seen the binding issue mentioned, thanks for reiterating that.

1 week later
#2702 6 years ago

Interesting. I just reseated the connector to the Gimli vuk Switch and it has registered 99% of the time since. Wasn't loose or anything.

7 months later
#3476 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

I appreciate the response. Regardless of need, I am curious about anyone's experience using one of these on LotR.

FWIW, I have one installed in my Tron and have no plans to remove it. I honestly forget the protector is there until I'm reminded for some reason. I'm an experienced player, I feel like I'd notice if it actually made the game play differently or less fun.

1 month later
#3653 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Based on your description of the flipper fading, it sounds like your coil is getting hot. I'd verify that the EOS switch is working. Also, check for wear on the plunger and link. Verify that there isn't a lot of play in the flipper up and down (there should be a little so it doesn't bind/scrape on the playfield).
If you are still running stock coils, you may want to try out the medium power coils:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1065-apb-enterprises/01414-new-stern-pinball-medium-power-coil-lord-of-the-rings-gnr

I wouldn't overthink this. Bad flipper cabinet switches can make a big difference. Replace the cabinet switch with a good new one and see if the problem goes away. From what it sounds like, your flipper cabinet switch seems suspect.

I had a whitestar game once that would flip strong, then barely flip at times, filed down the switch contacts and it flipped 100%.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 7.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 25.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rvapinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=rvapinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.