IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ruzeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2599 6 years ago

First time to destroy the ring and under a minute not bad at all, my first dtr was over 2 minutes and filled with panic.

#2600 6 years ago

I know everyone was hoping for some news about a vault edition of LOTR at TPF and I have great news! The cost of pins is clearly getting higher and we have finally managed to find a way to cut back costs and make the game easier for new time players/buyers.
The new LOTR vault edition will feature a custom coca-cola sponsored shire skin with a built in ramp to cover that pesky left lane. By removing the vuk in the shire we are able to cut down the costs of mechanical parts and can get rid of that plastic tree wall that breaks on every machine.
Finally you can play pinball the way it was meant to be played.
Brought to you by Coca-Cola and Stern Pinball

20180320_185725 (resized).jpg20180320_185725 (resized).jpg

#2602 6 years ago

When I got the chance to playtest it I did not get to destroy the ring but I can tell you that the balrog roar was replaced with a refreshing "ahh"

#2624 6 years ago

I know custom shooter rods aren't very popular here but I was bored and it can always be taken out easily enough. Bought a cheap replica of sting and took the blade out and made it into my new shooter.

20180325_035919 (resized).jpg20180325_035919 (resized).jpg

#2627 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looks great until the first time you or a guest walk into it and skew your palinters.

It is luckily against the wall side and people are mostly sitting in the stool but I will probably just put it in for special occasions anyways. Was simple to make, its sturdy and feels great to pull back on a metal sword with some weight behind it.

1 month later
#2802 5 years ago

HUO doesn't mean you are getting the best machine, there are plenty of homes that I would never let me pin set foot into. Find one in your skill range to repair and make look the best you possibly can. A good playfield matters more than anything, I would expect most cabinets to have some fade at this point and be ok with it. I paid 4900 4 months ago for my routed machine and I put about 1200 into it making it look great. I got to learn alot about the machine and still get a quality looking Pin for a little elbow grease.

#2841 5 years ago

I have the yellow one that lermods sells for the Hobbit, looks great keeping the gold theme. I did put a white one in my Getaway to brighten it up and that also would probably look really good.

#2854 5 years ago

I have mine wired to permanently on, I had thought about wiring it to the Gandalf light but I like the mode start idea alot.

#2859 5 years ago

Welcome new members, lots of cool ways to spice up your machine, I would highly recommend ryan1234 Habitrail mod if you don't have one yet. If you haven't decided if your pro ladies or not yet, you can get apron stickers to cover them up or get the great rule sheets with the rest of their bodies.

#2863 5 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Who sells the apron decals with the Middle Earth maps on them?

RussM

I am not sure, I have instruction cards with the middle earth maps on them that came with my machine but the magnets to cover the 2 women I have only seen the Sauron and Balrog

#2928 5 years ago

So a huge tree landed on my house during the Tornado this week right on top of my gameroom. Took forever to get everything out of there but I finally got the machine to my parents house that has power and was able to boot up LOTR with no problems at all. https://imgur.com/a/mPEtmSR

So then I cleaned the getway up, brought it inside and set it up and she wont boot. Checked all the fuses and the glass is broken on the 8amp fuse near coin door power supply. I replaced it when I got home today and still doesn't do anything, rest of the fuses look good but I am worried that it could have been a power surge before hand since the tree ripped the power from our house.

The 6 leds on the driver board are all lighting up but I am getting a solid red for d19 and d21 but d20 is never turning over. It looks like the game wants to boot with the dmd right when you turn it on but its just a microsecond and its gone, just making a wierd static noise when trying to boot.

Any help on where to start would be greatly appreciated this is the only valuable from my house I care about.

edit * - woops meant to post this on getaway forum page, please disregard

#2932 5 years ago

Thanks everyone, at least I am still in the club.

Quoted from Pinzap:

You should probably be posting over in the Twister forum! Sorry, couldn’t resist... I’ll see myself out.

I have money for another machine and it had already crossed my mind if you have a lead on one lol

#2978 5 years ago

I saw the idea somewhere in this forum but I put a metal post rubber over mine and it fits perfectly and allows the diverter to stick out a few extra mm to allow the ball to stop it more often then not.

20180319_003925 (resized).jpg20180319_003925 (resized).jpg

#3004 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I'm looking for a plastic on the right side bottom, the piece that holds the flasher. If anyone has an extra they'd like to sell me I would greatly appreciate it.

Can you take a picture of the part or do you have the part number. I have a ton of extra plastics.

#3014 5 years ago

I have 2 green over the POTD, 1 blue right over the Orthanc tower and the rest red . The blue really catches the tower nicely.

1 week later
#3054 5 years ago

My machine came with a Gandalf the Grey as well, Gandalf the white on shadowfax is definitely worth it. the AOME sets will have any missing chars you need. Do some of the newer production runs also have chrome ramps instead of brass? unless I'm the only person who has the chrome ones, they look terrible compared to everyone elses brass ones.

#3073 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Are the balls magnetized and sticking together?

Definitely make sure you have the correct balls, same thing happened to me when I picked up the game. It looks like they want to roll but since they grab each other there is not enough space for 2 to go down and the first one will get pulled back up the sword.

#3084 5 years ago

Where can I get this cliffy protector in the Pippin lane under the blue rubber? It is posted in the LOTR gallery, I suppose I can try messaging the guy who posted it but didnt want to creep him about a picture he posted 5 years ago.

Almost all the machines I see for sale have serious wear underneath that blue rubber bracket including my own and this would stop the issue from happening or getting worse.

65c5cb4de751377fa5e0c0615d029fdbb5f4abf7 (resized).jpg65c5cb4de751377fa5e0c0615d029fdbb5f4abf7 (resized).jpg
#3087 5 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

That gallery photo is of my machine.

haha Indeed it is! I didn't want to bother you with pms but I appreciate you reaching out. Thank you Razorbak86 and PinballTilt

2 weeks later
#3136 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

didn't someone at some point create a t-shirt for those who reached the Promised Land?

I'll make a shirt for everyone that doesn't make it to Valinor, waymore potential customers.

#3140 5 years ago

Has anybody here replaced the cabinet decals on their machine? I can only find them at Retro Refurbs and would love to know the quality of the replacements before I order.

#3156 5 years ago

Definitely the middle pegs. Most routed machines will have them all the way up and most home machines have them already down. Best way to Valinor is to start with the pegs.

1 month later
#3258 5 years ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Back in the day, I installed the POTD plastic diverter that sends the ball to the wireform instead of allowing it to flow off the end of the POTD. I did this mod because I liked the faster flow of the game.

There is a clear piece of plastic that covers the arwen piece that will protect it just fine. The potd diverter mod increases the flow of the game but it actually is to your disadvantage. The game was designed to give you extra souls if the ball falls off the potd into the shire so you are actually making the game harder by using that mod.

3 weeks later
#3353 5 years ago
Quoted from Slingshot:

Looking to get in touch with or purchase the Palantir mod.

A lot of people think this is an attainable goal but its not. Jay makes maybe 3 a year and only brings them to select tournaments that he is competing in. Much better off making one from scratch, the materials cost less than 20 bucks and anybody with a little artistic skill should be able to pull it off.

2 weeks later
#3368 5 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

new stainless steel panel for LOTR

Gotta make it gold! Looks cool tho, do you have any pictures on a machine?

4 years later
#8835 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Said goodbye to the girls today

So am I the only one who tried adding more girls to the game?

278876805_10165950432375153_3790309214316601855_n.jpg278876805_10165950432375153_3790309214316601855_n.jpg
#8837 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I like it... how'd you come about it?

Back when the Gollum piece was the hot replacement mod for that plastic, I asked ULEKstore to make me one with Lady Galadriel instead. Thought it made most sense next to the Gift of the Elves.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 7.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ruzeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=ruzeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.