IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robknapp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1229 7 years ago

LOTR LE . LED Conversion

100_0044 (resized).JPG100_0044 (resized).JPG

#1236 7 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Looks awesome. What kit did or whose bulbs did you use?

Thank you . I don't use kits . I hand pick all my LED's . LOTR has clear inserts so I used different colors for the character inserts and the mode inserts . Color matched the rest . Incandescent 'orange' for the nine GI inserts along the shooter lane . LED do not work there as they flicker to much . Around the Ring hole on back board use Incandescent of the modes as well they flicker to much. I do not use OCD board or what ever it is called . You may opt to. Under Right ramp I used CoinTaker Ultra Brite Orange 47 GI Under and off to left of Center Ramp CoinTaker Red 47 Ultra Brite LED . Shooter lane SKILL Shot x3 inserts I used PinBalllife slowfade Color changing LED . The rest of the LED came from Germany The PinballCenter T10 Nofix Superflux they give a great color spectrum for clear inserts . Link : http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/noflix-pinball-leds/wedge-base-t10/superflux/341/t10-noflix-plus-turquoise-l-superflux?c=2917
Coin Taker Ultra Link http://cointaker.com/t/ultra Art at CometPinball now carries the German SuperFlux style of Bulb now. He would be an good vender . CometPinball was not formed yet when I did my LED Conversion . Comet Link to Superflux :
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1-flux-wired.htm One Note : The Link to German style SuperFlux all have extended wires . That is just an example . They also come as a normal 555/47 with out the extended wire . Most of the inserts will use the same SuperFlux but with out the extended wire . Link http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1-flux.htm I hope this helps you out . Rob Knapp

100_0027 (resized).JPG100_0027 (resized).JPG
100_0025 (resized).JPG100_0025 (resized).JPG
100_0024 (resized).JPG100_0024 (resized).JPG

9 months later
#1952 6 years ago

I just got a pretty good '"Destroy the Ring " (2 pinball) time . Make sure you have it set up in features for ( 2 ball )Destroy Ring enabled . I have seen faster but it is good time for me.

thumbnail_IMG_0110 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0110 (resized).jpg

LOTR Destroy Ring 2ball (resized).JPGLOTR Destroy Ring 2ball (resized).JPG

#1959 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Here is the Arwen ramp. Just got mine in the mail today actually.
» YouTube video

Interesting . Thank you .May look into this . Peace

3 months later
#2344 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Finally! I was surprised at the time...it felt a lot longer than that.

Quoted from hawknole:

Unconscious the other night on DTR...

I have my LOTR set up on (2 ball) 'Destroy the Ring ' It is harder but so cool. May be changed in the features adjustment . What did you gents set your DTR to on your LOTR ? 1 or 2 pinball ?

LOTR Destroy Ring 2ball (resized).JPGLOTR Destroy Ring 2ball (resized).JPG

1 week later
#2407 6 years ago
Quoted from jov9019:

Does he just fasten with zip ties

Quoted from PinballTilt:

I'm so confused when looking at eBay for the figures. Does anyone have a picture of the box or ad of what they bought? I have surfing gandalph and missing a few factory characters. Plus I heard you can buy the army of the dead on there

I bought my LOTR 500 Limited edition in January 2010 from JJ . I let it sit in GEX warehouse for a year in the box before I picked it up. Lazy. I scoured the internet for figurines. I was (one) and done basically . I bought like 25 'Play Along Toys' LOTR figurines. I had great intentions . Crappy follow through . I wanted to mount all of them with hobby screws and gold stand offs .
I mounted Gandalf on Shadowfax direct to the plastic With help from the manager of Hobby Town . Look great . But the rest are still in the boxes. I will add that I did mount on the Plastics above the right sword ramp the larger Wrath on a evil horse with Velcro as a TEST and the plastic would bounce from the weight of the Figurine . I was annoyed . Took it off and that was the end of my Play a Long toy LOTR mounting adventure Need Onwallst to fire up his Porsche and road trip to Co. Springs for assistance !!

0426121958a (resized).jpg0426121958a (resized).jpg
LOTR Gandof # 2 (resized).jpgLOTR Gandof # 2 (resized).jpg
LOTR Set of figurines (resized).jpgLOTR Set of figurines (resized).jpg

2 years later
#5684 4 years ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

Just realized there’s a bulb under the sword behind the lock. Must be burnt out as I’ve never seen it on. Is it a GI bulb? The big incandescent one.[quoted image]

Hi , it is a 905 flash lamp bulb . Go into test to check to see if the 905 flasher in working. Hope this helps and good luck .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 25.00
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robknapp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=robknapp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.