IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rgaires.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1400 7 years ago

Ive recentlly got a lord and maybe someone can help me with something,

At start of the 2 towers multiball the line speech "toooo warrr" i dont get it, sound seems ok is all other points and features, but on this one i dont hear it... roms?

Any one with this issue?

#1401 7 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Ive recentlly got a lord and maybe someone can help me with something,
At start of the 2 towers multiball the line speech "aattt warrr" i dont get it, sound seems ok is all other points and features, but on this one i dont hear it... roms?
Any one with this issue?

#1406 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Also, make sure your code is updated to the latest version.

Can we update that with usb? I guess is no possible, i new the rom with the update right?

#1407 7 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

ROMs would be probably the easiest place to start.
Pull and re-seat first. Then burn/replace if that doesn't seem to help.

So you know the manual page where i can find it? thanks

6 months later
#1870 6 years ago

Any for a trade with a Indiana Jones?

2 months later
#2242 6 years ago

Hello,
If someone needs to fix the ring on this machine, send me a message, im doing another run of the ring decal.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/57982

Regards

#2245 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Since I’m asking - has anyone had to repair or repaint the ring at the back of the game? Mine has gold worn off, and I’d like to re spray it. Anything I need to know?

You can repaint it with a airbrus easy pm me if you need some help

1 month later
#2459 6 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

They're waiting for you to do it.
But seriously: I reckon the big differences in playfield quality that plague this title make it virtually impossible to produce one fitting decal that looks good on all LOTRs.

So so true...

4 months later
#3078 5 years ago

They look very good man, you are going to make an apron also?
Regards

5 months later
#3459 5 years ago

Im having a issue, the mode sometimes start random when i press the both flippers at the same time.Any ideia where to look?

#3498 5 years ago

Need some help...
I have an EPROM chip Burner and i was trying to download the code to update my LORD, display and cpu, im still on the V6.00.
Any of you can send me the files, cant find them no more.
Thanks

10 months later
#5254 4 years ago

Hi, a friend got a lord in general good shape, the ring is quite good actually, although some of the inserts are like this, is not to deep, any way to restore this? magic eraser maybe? the machine is a bit dirty also..

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5257 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It appears the art is not centered with the inserts.

Is happens to all machines, some are more visible than others, i can live with that... my issue now is if there is a way to restore this small lines on the inserts.

#5260 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Are they decals? the circular line of dirt indicates that they might be.

No man, no decals!
That is a small line of dirt created when the insert along the ages goes a bit up or a bit down, and creates that line because acumulate dirt on that small spot...

#5261 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Novus 1 and if that does not get it then carefully try a little Novus 2.

I have Novus 2 in the house, for sure i can try that...

#5263 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

It just looks like it needs a good shop out. Many write ups on how to do that out there. Every time I obtain a non NIB pin, I always do a complete top side tear down and clean and service all the mechs underneath.

Shop out is not new for me, just a bit curious if is possible to deal with this kind of issue... Thanks man

#5267 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I've never seen a solid shop out job done correctly not do amazing transformations with used PF's. At least that will tell you if that ring insert is cracked (looks that way) and the dirt has settled in the seam or not. Looks like the shoot again is cracked as well. Depending on how much it still bugs your friend afterwards I guess a PF swap is always an option. Since LOTR is staying in my collection for ever, I have an extra HEP perfected & cleared PF for just such an occasion.

Well the shoot again i think is dirty not cracked, but yes the outside of the ring have some small lines yes, is not the worst ever, actually is very nice, but im already thinking in something to fix that, after i will show you, maybe can also be an option to others.

2 weeks later
#5346 4 years ago

Hi,
If someone is interested im restoring a Lord of the Rings, and ive made this decal JUST for the external part of the ring, is pretty common is not in the best conditions, mine was pretty good, but ive put it to protect it, to give it a perfect look, and with a playfield protector
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5348 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Excellent work man!

Thanks Man! Looks really amazing in person, im very happy with the final result.

1 week later
#5396 4 years ago

Can someone help me, ive been restoring my LORD, and ive removed the display to clean it an etc, i didnt take any picture of the position of the cables, can someone help.

Thanks

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5398 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

The red stripe on the ribbon cable marks 'pin 1'. The manual has diagrams that will show you which pin on the board is 'pin 1' so you can orient the cable correctly and connect the red stripe to 'pin 1'.
https://www.ipdb.org/files/4858/Stern_2003_The_Lord_of_the_Rings_English_Manual_complete.pdf

Thanks sir

#5400 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

[quoted image]

Amazing

#5403 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

[quoted image]

Well ive put some new ROMs, but still no luck, i see that your display ROM is point oposite direction of mine...

#5405 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Some chips can fry if put in the incorrect orientation.

For future reference, the ROM for the display on the particular machine is the inverse of what should be.

#5408 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

For future reference, the ROM for the display 10.0 on this particular machine is the inverse of what should be.

#5421 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Do you mean in my photo?

In your photo, and on my display is the same, i was putting the rom with the signs matching, and i nothing was working, ive change it and is working 100%.
Thanks

#5422 4 years ago

You can check my last video of gameplay on LORD, should i level it diferent, what can i improve?

Thanks

#5424 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Game looks good and your skills look good! I haven't seen LOTR with Pinstadiums before. Some will say it doesn't fit the dark theme but I think it looks good. The only thing I can suggest to improve would be to get a colorDMD. All that bling and having the old orange display clashes a little bit.
Also, the Palantir Mod by Aukraut looks incredible. Pricey, but worth it.

Was just a simple video, not my best game for sure, just to give an example, and work/learn from this standing point.
In person is not that bright, and to be honest LORD is a machine full of details and colors, i think it fits perfectlly.

Thanks for your opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 7.50
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rgaires.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=rgaires and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.