IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ninjabones.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#372 8 years ago

Just read through this entire thread. Lots of great info and tips. However, still confused about a few rules. Is there a single consolidated strategy guide or list of rules somewhere? Off the top of my head, I have no idea what hitting the palantir does, and don't really understand the discusdion about ring frenzy and multipliers in rotk.

1 month later
#421 8 years ago

I was looking for the palantir mod. Where do you order that?

#424 8 years ago

Thank you. Ordered.

3 years later
#3671 5 years ago

Sorry to ask this question again, as I remember having read about it a long while ago, but this thread is now 74 pages.

I'm having the DTR issue where even after 7 or 8 ring shots, the balls either bounce out or just cycle through without registering. It's inconsistent, as last night my wife grabbed the DTR championship by completing it in 49 seconds. I've tested the magnet, and I've taken the glass off and it seems to work fine.... however, more often than not when playing, I've got to hit the ring shot 7 or 8 times to complete the mode, and the ball seams to just fly past the magnet. No issues when starting normal ring modes (magnet grabs the ball fine).

Any explanation? Link to relevant post would be appreciated.

#3743 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

i'm at the same stage. waiting coils to ride again !

Can you explain what you're talking about with different coils? Are you guys installing some type of more powerful flipper coils? Thank you

Glen

#3748 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Yeah, they are slightly more powerful coil that doesn't get as hot and fade out like the stock ones during long games.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1065-apb-enterprises/01414-new-stern-pinball-medium-power-coil-lord-of-the-rings-gnr
There are some stronger ones that are sold by the major pinball places, but they are too powerful in most peoples opinion. The ones I linked to above seem perfect!

Thank you. Ordered. Much appreciated. I'm having the same DTR issue as well. I'll recheck/adjust the spinner and ring switches and report back (the ring magnet works fine throughout the game, but DTR sometimes requires multiple ring shots to complete - very frustrating. )

#3768 5 years ago

Seems like the DTR problem is indeed the back trough switch.

However, I still had one ball go through without registering DTR. What is required to trigger DTR completion (rapid consecutive switch trigger on the eye spinner, then ring opto, then back trough)?

And what's the difference between the different DTR settings (one vs two ball), and what's the consensus in which is better? Thanks

1 week later
#3832 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I've owned two LOTRs. I don't know it was so much colour as it was resolution. The current one I have is noticeably clearer than the previous one where the art was fuzzy. It doesn't really matter to me, but there definitely were changes in the production in later games. I see that with my TSPP as well. It's also why I now never buy a game at launch. I like to wait 1-2 years for them to work out all the bugs. Perfect example would be BM66.
And on the topic of LOTR, I decided to have a quick game of pinball this afternoon while working at home (terrible idea, since "quick" and "LOTR" don't often go together).
Pissed away ball 1 and 2, and on the third ball, I finished FOTR, and TT multiball. I also got to level 6 on ROTK. Finished DTR and looked at the clock and decided to walk away and finish the game at some point tonight. I have 2 extra balls waiting for me, so maybe this is the Valinor game
Playing this afternoon, I also reminded myself why this game will always be bolted to my floor, and why in my opinion, this is the perfect game of pinball.

How do you walk away and restart the game where you left off?

#3836 5 years ago

Ok. I get it. Not a bad idea. I got very close to valinor yesterday. Took me almost an hour... would have been nice to take a break. I got to "there and back again" for the first time, had FOTR and TT completed, but still needed 2 gifts and ROTK. 121M was my new high score. Still refining my strategy... what modes do you guys typically stack with which multiballs, and which modes do you try to tackle by themselves. I've found attack from shallob, Gandalf vs Saruman, and Warg Battle to be achievable in their own, but I find it hard to focus on modes when in multiballs (except for maybe ent battle).

#3837 5 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Ok. I get it. Not a bad idea. I got very close to valinor yesterday. Took me almost an hour... would have been nice to take a break. I got to "there and back again" for the first time, had FOTR and TT completed, but still needed 2 gifts and ROTK. 121M was my new high score. Still refining my strategy... what modes do you guys typically stack with which multiballs, and which modes do you try to tackle by themselves. I've found attack from shallob, Gandalf vs Saruman, and Warg Battle to be achievable in their own, but I find it hard to focus on modes during the frenzy of the multiball modes (except for maybe ent battle).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 12.95
$ 25.00
€ 7.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ninjabones.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=ninjabones and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.