IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nihonmasa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4281 4 years ago

Hey there,

Got mine not long ago and have a question, probably missing something.

Regarding the skill shot, how do you chose between one and another? On my machineI see it going very fastr from top light to bottom and I always end up with the right orbit skill shot.
Would be nice to know how to solve this

#4286 4 years ago

Thanks for the feedbacks!

I have now understoof what's happening but still unsure on what to do to solve it
=> as soon as the ball is kicked from the feeder VUK into the shooter lane, the shooter switch is hit, thus blocking the skill shot on "lane".

Any idea on how I can manage that?

#4288 4 years ago

Went to the switch test as a start actually, not activating until I push it, as expected.
The double signal is an idea, will have a closer look tomorrow

#4302 4 years ago

Double contact it was, so this issue is solved. Thanks for the help!

Now on to the next question:
Don't think my magnet is working. Went to the tests; spinned/opto/switch are all ok but I don't see any magnet kickin' in.
What's the correct way to test it?
If it is not trigering, how can I pinpoint the issue?

#4310 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Check the magnet fuse. (F20) If blown, try a 4A slow blow fuse.

That, it was my precious...
Thank you sir

#4328 4 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

Restore done. I’m happy[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet! Where did you buy your cabinet decals? Need to change mines.

#4332 4 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

I haven’t changed decals
I washed them and did some hand painting.

Oh ok! Looks nice!

If someone knows where to get LoTR decals that aren't bad...

#4335 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Are the ones that are available bad?

Don't know but given the quality of the original art and the price of the kits, I'd rather take it somewhere where a test has already been done.

Did receive crappy quality for other games, so I am cautious now.

#4337 4 years ago

Where did you get the diy palantir?

For your question: as you want one led to work as intended and another to work the opposite as intended, I am pretty sure you need a small home made pcb for that.
There is no light on the game that is lit specifically when the palantir is off.

1 week later
#4341 4 years ago

Do you sell the path with the figures as a kit?

#4343 4 years ago

From what you say I would pronounce the switch dead and simply replace it.

#4356 4 years ago

If you could provide it unpainted for those of us skilled with brushes and airbrushes, it would also reduce cost and your burden

#4371 4 years ago

No founds right now but I will gladly take an unpainted one by the end of the month

#4373 4 years ago

Yes, for Valinor you must get all the gifts, finish all multiballs (saving all the company.for example) and destroy the ring.
There are some video tutos on the net.

What's the ref of that replacement coil?

#4393 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hi Guys,
not sure it has been mentioned here, but there is an ongoing PIN2DMD colorization effort here :
http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/4036-lord-of-the-rings-wip/
I'm planning to set it up asap

Stayed away from pin2dmd as I was not happy with the colorizazions, but this one looks finally promising.
Might need to dig a bit to see what over titles now look ok

#4395 4 years ago

hi guys,

Tool some time to install my playfield protector, but now facing an issue; the gate in front of Orthanc that opens during war of the ents is now behaving strangely; it kind of shakes when it opens due to the coil.
Any idea on how to make it still as it was before when opened?

#4397 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Mine is doing this and I don’t have a PF protector. I plan to check the solenoid it might be worn or parts need replacement or binding somewhere etc.

Looked and found service bulletin 147 which seems related to this.
For sure I did not put it back that way, will try that tomorrow.

#4399 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Looked and found service bulletin 147 which seems related to this.
For sure I did not put it back that way, will try that tomorrow.

Yep, that solved it!
Last issue left: ball througb

Sometimes the ball are going all the way down, so the kicker opto does not see them and it goes for a ball search. Any idea on how to solve this?

#4408 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Are the balls magnetized and get stuck in the trough? This is a pretty typical issue in LOTR's

Shoot, did not think of magnetization... have been trying to adjust the switches for hours.

So no way to solve it apart from shaking the machine? Or very regular ball change?

#4440 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

May I ask what technique you used to put the sillyoldelf blades on? Did you pull the whole playfield? I've had mine sitting uninstalled for months!

I've installed severals only raising the playfield as usual.
Do one half, then the other.
Also works for powerblades.

#4464 4 years ago

Mine does it as well, also wondered about the one in Papa, but I don't think that feeding Orthanc every time is a nornal behaviour

3 weeks later
#4565 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

The Ring of Fire mod looks fantastic, but is sold out on the Mezel Mod homepage. Does anybody know if and when it will be again?

Niropinball in france has somethin similar
https://www.2niro-pinball.com/fire-ring-lord-of-the-ring/1750/

4 weeks later
#4701 4 years ago

The roll over switches in the through and sword are driving me nuts, can't manage to get them perfectly setup.
Is there a trick of some sort?

2 weeks later
#4795 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

The roll over switches in the through and sword are driving me nuts, can't manage to get them perfectly setup.
Is there a trick of some sort?

So, for the next one to have this issue:
Solved by buying the exact switch reference and replacing them all.
If you put a standard roller roll over switch, it just does not work correctly.

Lesson learned.

3 weeks later
#4958 4 years ago
Quoted from LucidLight:

I got new cabinet artwork courtesy of LIORILLUSION. It looks 100x better than old.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine 's on the way

3 months later
#5480 4 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Hi guys, looking for some advice, I recently swapped out the rubbers on the slingshots but on trying to re-tighten the right slingshot upper post I'm finding the T-nut not biting into the wood. Now I'm getting a tiny amount of up and down movement and if I try to tighten the bolt it just spins the T-nut. Any advice on how to get this fixed again without a ton of work removing parts?
Thanks![quoted image]

Remove the screw.
Break some toothpicks in the wood to give some material to bite in, you can wood glie if you want but not mandatory.
Rebuild.
Done.

2 weeks later
#5520 4 years ago

Hi guys,

Any idea where I can find the covered ball stop for the right ramp?
They jump down from time to time to so I am looking for it with no luck

3 weeks later
#5585 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Finally, FINALLY got to making this mod I have been wanting to do for the past three years. The factory Orthanc always looked like Stern punted on that particular model, so I spent the good part of my weekend doing a total redesign. Wow, was it tough modelling around such strange angles and limited space, but I am really happy with how it is shaping up!
These pics represent an older build - the lighting will change quite a bit as well as some details and quality of the model itself. I'm still debating whether or not to use red lighting (as pictured) or white lighting.
The final will be a super simple install hooked up to the aux 12v circuit for lighting. Any feedback would be awesome! When it gets closer to production, I'll start a thread for it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Also interested!

Feedbacks:
- provide unpainted versions as an option to save you time for those skilled at miniature painting
- have a 2nd dry brush coat for thr painted versikn with a lighter white
- avoid resin casts; any airball would destroy the spires instantly
- for the red or white, we'd need a pic with the full pf lit to be able to give feedback

Looks very promising!

#5590 4 years ago

Thanks for the feedback!
I would love to do a resin version of this (and probably will just for my pin to test it out); the fine detail would look amazing. But, yeah, that would definitely shatter
Currently, I am experimenting with three different thermoplastics right now to find the best balance between looks, flexibility and strength.
I'll hook up a some white lighting in the next day or two and post to the upcoming dedicated thread.

Just realised, looking at your website (some very neat ideas! ) that it's probably 3D printed.

So I have another feedback some people (me included) are reluctant to install any 3D printed mod cause of the printing lines...

However, making a sample in 3D print, removing by sanding or whatever method the printing lines, creating and then cadting in whatever non shattering material would be awesome!

#5597 4 years ago

Thanks Niho!
I'm with you on lines - and I try everything possible to reduce or eliminate them. The inherent nature of these new complicated pinball toy designs with LED lighting channels is they aren't a singular solid model, so you can't create a casting - they have to be produced layer by layer.
I do have a resin printer, however, that completely eliminates lines, but the resin material is far more brittle and only works for certain "safe" locations in a pinball machine.

Maybe the resin printer could be used to create a master that you can then use to make a mold?
However I do understand that's way more work only to get rid of some lines

But if your Volcano did not have lines I'd take one for sure, great idea.
And those slingshots for GOT are also an awesome idea.

8 months later
#6556 3 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

Hi Etienne
It's a 2Niro Pinball mod behind Pinball Center side armor. The difficult of this mod is you need to notch the cabinet along the entire length
Ask me on mp if you want more precision.

This one is coming from Switzerland

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.50
$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nihonmasa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=nihonmasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.