IMG_7019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider msarac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#377 8 years ago

It's called Freeze Time - Standard adjustment #38

4 weeks later
#432 8 years ago

Gimli vuk - loosen the return ramp and slightly shift its positioning. This one will require a lot of trial and error but eventually you should find the sweet spot. Had to do this on mine and now it's about a 1% failure rate. Same thing goes for airballs off the Legolas ramp; shifting the ramp position has a huge effect on how that shot behaves.

Baradur bounce outs - I removed the small spacer that's screwed into the playfield behind the saucer and placed drop dead foam on the scoop. Near 100% retention rate now.

Cave troll is pretty easy to beat with the standard 3 balls, so I always try to leave the add a ball for later, and IMO 2 ball DTR is the only way to go! Such a satisfying shot when you hit it.

2 weeks later
#507 8 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

3. I have white noise in the background on the speakers, which seems to be a common issue. Is there a cheap way to get rid of this?
Thanks for any help!

This thread is about TSPP but they are both Whitestar so it should still apply.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-speaker-humbuzz-fixed#post-2927813

1 week later
#550 8 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Thanks so far- keep em coming. May even just put sting up there mounted is I can find a good replica sword. If someone has one at a decent price pm me.

Last night I was 4 shots away from Valinor (Gandolf, Merry, and the two ring shots left) on ball 2 but drained. I plunged ball 3 and unbelievably was able to re-qualify all three multiballs and start a second DTR to Valinor attempt. Got 4 shots away and drained again.

Thank God there wasn't a real sword on top of my machine.

1 year later
#1436 7 years ago

+1 to everything LOTR_breath mentioned. The first time I got two balls stuck on the magnet I waited for the ball search to clear it - don't do that. A few minutes later I was waiting for the soldering iron to heat so I could replace that transistor!

I had the same problem with bounce outs and a few other things could be causing it. Check that the spinner at the ramp entrance is hanging at 90 degrees to the playfield, which means the top edge is slightly tilted towards the player. It tends to mushroom over time and hang with the bottom edge towards the player, which can rob the ball of momentum as it enters. Carefully bending the wire arms will change the angle at which it hangs.

The tips of the ring ramp will also mushroom from rejected ring shots, and can affect the ball if it gets too bad. File those down flat.

You can also slightly adjust the aim of the ramp by loosening the mounting screws and twisting the ramp, then cranking the nuts down tightly.

#1438 7 years ago

The bolts are welded to the ramp so nothing to hold topside. Typical thru-holes secured with washer and nut, so you won't have much wiggle room, but that small adjustment might help and it will take 30 seconds to do. Start with the spinner first as that will have a major impact on the ball if not hanging correctly. And of course rebuild the flippers if you haven't already.

Keep working on it until you can make that shot cleanly, and DON'T change to single ball. 2-ball DTR is where it's at on this game and you'll be missing out on the stress of having to make that clean shot under pressure!

8 months later
#2030 6 years ago

Remove the small post and screw, then put drop dead foam or some weather stripping on the metal catch. No more bounce outs!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 39.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider msarac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=msarac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.