IMG_7019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider morhaus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2225 6 years ago

Can anybody provide some guidance and destroying the "ring?" I have gotten there many times, hit the four shots, nail the shot through the ring and back through the wire path...even several times, but never got to destroy it. Am I missing something?? thanks!!! Love the game...awesome!! Want a second, faster game soon, but this is a keeper!!

#2227 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Switch test the ring, I'm sure it's just not registering 100% of the time therefore not giving you credit for the final shots in the mode.

Thank you!! It registers for most, if not all, hits. Just seemed odd to have to hit it so many times and never "destroy" the mother!!

thanks!!!

#2254 6 years ago

Okay, so trying again. I can't close out Destroy the Ring. Switches 47 and 48 work. spinner switch works. Magnet just doesn't work I guess, but it never lets me close it out. Any help would be nice. In STL and need an onsite guy I guess.

#2257 6 years ago

48 appears to be working!! could be magnet fuse or coil I suppose. the testing all shows it works...I would pay good $ in STL to just diagnose and fix.

#2260 6 years ago

I've done both of those. I guess I'm just confused.

#2262 6 years ago

Thanks! It has not for a long time. Fuses being delivered Friday! Hopefully they helps.

Thanks to everyone!!!

#2264 6 years ago

Thanks, I don't know what a Rom chip is, but I'll figure that out too.

#2266 6 years ago

It's most recent software. I've tried everything mentioned. Set to 1, switches all work, fuse is good, set to 1 ball for DTR, but it still keeps going ring hit after ring hit after I close the 4 shots needed to hit the last shot. Completely confused and frustrated. And no one in STL can fix it.

#2269 6 years ago

The magnet does not appear to be working, but I can't figure out why.

#2271 6 years ago

I think it's working. It registers spinner ring points...

#2273 6 years ago

switch works! I did find tonight that the 50V light is NOT on.....so fuse??

#2275 6 years ago

Have a set being delivered Tuesday!! Wish I could find locally!!

#2280 6 years ago

All fixed!!! It got the MDL fuses at Menards. Home depot and Lowe's didn't have!! Replaced the 4AMP with a 5AMP, and it's all good!! Of course, two chances at DTR and I drained before I got a chance, but the magnet is working!!

thank you to all!!! Novice fixer....but every little step is fun!!!

1 month later
#2410 6 years ago

Okay...now that my ring is fixed (it was the fuse), now my Sword Lock won't work. So, I can't get the Two Towers MB the traditional way.

Any guidance for me to know if it's the coil? Fuse? The 3 switches just prior to the "ball locker" work.

Help!!

#2412 6 years ago

The coil did not activate, as far as I could tell. It did seem like it "tried." so maybe the spring? Not sure what the switch gate is....

#2414 6 years ago

I'll have to try them more. I only tried those 3 right before the lock - 17, 18, 19. I guess I should check the ones all the way from the entry point, too. I wish I was better at these things!

#2415 6 years ago

Oh, and not sure if this matters. But it is stuck down low, so the ball just rolls over it. So nothing ever locks even though I know it should.

#2417 6 years ago

okay, thanks!! I'll try the spring.

3 weeks later
#2493 6 years ago

Does anyone know how and where to wire an LED light from Path of Dead figures? Doing it myself. Got some 3mm Green LED lights with open ended wiring, not sure how to attach to field.....

#2495 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Check post 2481...

Thank you....not sure I understand all of that, but I'll give it a whirl this weekend!!

#2529 6 years ago

I'm running 3 LEDs for a Path of the Dead Mod. Going to wire to the 1-2-3-4 POTD lights.
LEDs are 3G 7" pre-wired - 12V applications.

The description says they have built-in resistors and says Input Voltage is 9-16 Vdc.

Do still need to use my own resistors even if the LEDs say "built-in resistors"? I have 100 Ohm Resistors, 1/4 W, 5% tolerance. Where do I attach these? + (red) or - (Black)?

Do I need to use Diodes? I have N4004 Diodes that are rated for 400V DC at 1A. And, do I attach to + (red) wires for each light?

thank you!!!

1 week later
#2559 6 years ago

So I replaced this switch with the Star Trek one. It passed the switch test, by now the gimli coil sets of a malfunction. It pumps up several times.

What did it do? Reverse wires? Only reconnected wires to the switch. Didn’t pay attention to that, by figured If passed the switch test it was fine.
Help.

#2561 6 years ago

Okay I’ll unsolder and switch wires. There was no diode in there before....

#2562 6 years ago

Just had the wires the wrong way. Needed to adjust the switch a bit so it would trigger better, but I believe I have it back to normal.....thanks to you all.

Now I have to figure out if I can replace inserts with LED without getting any ghosting...looking like no after I replaced 3 green ones (2 outer lanes) and the green lock light.

#2565 6 years ago

I just ordered the OCD LED board..but what is gizmo?

#2567 6 years ago

Is it okay with just the Ocd board?

1 month later
#2773 5 years ago

I"m installing my own Path of Dead Mod. Have the figures, the lights wired correctly and I have the Pinbits plastic that goes on top.

My question is (1) what is the best technique to secure the lights inside of the figures and (2) what is the best way to attach the feet of the figures to their bases?

Double sided tape? Glue? Hardest part for me is this step and doing it right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 18.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 39.50
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 7.50
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 25.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider morhaus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=morhaus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.