Topic Stats

• 5,332 posts
  • 486 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 255 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,118 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191121_214951 (resized).jpg
20191121_214944 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20191118_114748 (resized).jpg
20191116_225515 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191114_180258 (resized).jpg
lotr ring opto (resized).jpg
03B116CB-74C5-408A-B82E-9855DFB91B84 (resized).jpeg
8959ADB3-74DE-46AE-B038-9E3BAC78DF36 (resized).jpeg
20191110_095309 (resized).jpg
20190818_094127 (resized).jpg
9e38f6758f237db887b73f3b14d36a4fa9cbc097 (resized).jpg
20191105_194633 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (2 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#379 3 years ago

Is the Destroy the Ring Champion time display a factory setting? Can you turn it off? I don't see that listed when it shows the high scores and I would like to.

3 weeks later
#416 3 years ago
Quoted from bpeed99:

It really is a super game. I have completed all of the modes, TABA, the movies, and destroyed the ring at different times, but still haven't put a complete game together to get to Valinor. It stands the test of time. If I ever complete it, I am not sure if it will lose it's appeal or not. Congrats on getting it back, it would have been a shame not ever knowing you owned a gem.

After getting to Valinor it hasn't lost its appeal to me. Maybe if I was getting there consistently it would, but I still play it alot.

1 week later
#434 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

1. How many of you leave the "cave troll" intro part enabled to the fellowship multiball? It's fun and worth points, but at the same time it sucks if you use your palantir ball save during that part when it would come in more handy when you are actually trying to beat the multiball.
2. How many of you have the Destroy the ring set to have to use the second ball to knock the held ball through to destroy the ring?
Ordered about $400 in mods the day after - can't wait to spruce this baby up, one of the best parts of pinball.

I have Cave Troll on and factory settings where you have to knock the first ball through with the second.

#463 3 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

ok, what am i missing? I did everything to get to valinor. TABA. all the multi balls to completion. perhaps i didn't finish in the right order? I had DTR to complete last (missed the first time!). when I completed that, it said the "good job thing but more to do"...complete one more gift for valinor, which was lit and i hit the shot....did i need to have that 'last' gift first, before completing DTR???

Yep. You have to do all the gifts of elves and all the multiballs before you destroy the ring. Destroying the ring has to be the last thing you do.

#469 3 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

So what u have to do then, start every multiball again an try to time them out to get to destroy the ring, all goes well destroy it an valinor will start ?

Yep. Start them all again, then destroy the ring.

#487 3 years ago

No GI LEDs for me, not on LOTR. It looks great with incandescent bulbs.

1 year later
#1475 2 years ago

Hey guys. I had the ribbon cable upside down going to my display. I think I wrecked the rom. I pulled the chip, erased it and tried burning version 9 to it again, but I still get just a blank DMD. What all should I be burning to the chip for the version 9 of the display rom? Any help is super appreciated. Thanks.

#1477 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I don't know crap about burning ROM's, but why aren't you on v.10?

I will get to 10, but I know 9 works so I want to get back there first.

#1479 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Anyone interested in the ramp plastic mod I designed can now buy them on laseriffic's website.
https://shop.laseriffic.com/collections/pinball-mods/products/lotr-plastic-replacement-piece

That's nice Scott. I took that plastic off completely because I never had issues there and I didn't like the look. I would put this on though.

4 weeks later
#1533 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I'm in. So stoked! It came with a set of uninstalled upgraded flipper coils, worth installing or just enjoy? Seems to play pretty great as is.

Keep the stock coils and instead focus on pulling some of that awful colored GI and blue LEDs in the characters inserts out of there.

3 months later
#1799 2 years ago
Quoted from HughesDForce:

I'm thinking about springing for a ColorDMD. Everything I've seen has suggested strongly that LED vs LCD ColorDMD comes down to personal preference. Has anyone seen both on LotR, and do you have a preference?

I am a big LCD / dots fan. LED is a little bright for me and I am not a big fan of the smoothing.

4 weeks later
#1866 2 years ago

Anyone in the group have or know of someone looking to get rid of a LOTR coin door? Maybe someone that brassed out their game? That or I would even take a standard Stern coin door and I could have the coin door sticker reproed. Just thought I would post here since I thought of it. Let me know if you can help. Thanks.

2 weeks later
#1933 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Is it supposed to signal anything or just flash from time to time with the rest of the flashers.

It flashes during Escape the Ringwraiths mode to signify you are in the mode.

Is that flasher really supposed to be red or is that a cosmetic choice people are making? I don't think I have ever seen it red before.

#1935 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

My LOTR LE shipped from Stern with the red bulb.

Wow, you learn something new everyday. I have never seen it that way. I'll have to try a red bulb out.

2 months later
#2114 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

After an unlucky first-ball, I was under the impression you could restart the game by holding the START button (after ball is sitting on the plunger for ball 2,3,4,5). Is there a setting I'm missing or does LOTR lack this feature?

There is a setting in the menu for that.

3 months later
#2643 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Picking up a sweet HEP LOTR tomorrow from a friend. This will be the second time I’ve owned LOTR. I think it’s the only game I’ve sold that I missed.
I’d really like to make it to Valinor. Just curious, how many owners on here have got there?

I've been to Valinor. Factory settings, factory coils. It was not easy.

4 weeks later
#2721 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Quick question, when trying to complete a multiball mode, if you do not finish it the first time around, are the shots still in memory the next time you attempt it? For example, if you were 5 shots away the first time in ROTK, and the second time you start it you make 5 shots, will it complete it? Was just watching Keith Elwin doing Valinor, and seems one of the multiballs he completed pretty quickly.
And one last thing... On default settings, does it take 2 shots to the ring to complete DTR? I swear the first time I did it, it was only one shot, but when I played today, the first shot went in, and the mode was still going.

The MBs have memory, so the next time you pick up where you left off.

DTR takes two shots. First shot is held by the magnet and the second shot knocks the ball through and completes the mode. You can also change it in the settings to just have to shoot through the ring twice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Alexandria, VA
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 41.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside