IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#165 8 years ago

I keep hearing about all of these people getting to TABA, but I've never been able to get there and I'm a pretty good player (I can reach alien invasion regularly, tour the mansion twice in a game, score 1.5bn on TZ, beat Jericho, etc.). I recently added NVRAM to my LOTR and it erased all my settings and put the game back to factory. Long story short, on factory, it seems mode start is lit automatically after each ball, basically giving you three free modes as long as you can shoot the ring. Prior to changing the RAM, i had to hit a certain number of shots to light the mode start, which made it very difficult. I've only played a few games since changing the RAM, but I can see already it's a lot easier.

TSPP has a similar setting to light the mode start light, after every ball or you have to hit the krusty loop.

On LOTR, I also have my lanes set to wide open, tough game.

1 month later
#231 8 years ago

Ligjted gandalf staff

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/18686

Quoted from fordtudoor:

As the new owner of a LOTR I am putting together a list of mods that I would like to purchase blockquote>

1 week later
#249 8 years ago

I have the upgraded coils, they are strong and don't weaken. I was afraid of breaking stuff with them, but so far so good.

6 months later
#451 8 years ago

Those potd transluscent figures are hard to find.

#461 8 years ago
Quoted from Bantam:

Look on Amazon. I got mine on there. I looked a few minutes ago and there were some. amazon.com link »

they use to be $20 and now all of a sudden they are $50-60. I'll keep looking.

#497 8 years ago

If anyone wants a set of the upgraded pinball life flipper coils, I have them $25 shipped.

2 weeks later
#561 8 years ago
Quoted from BigBlockFever:

Had my LOTR about 2 weeks now and developed a couple issues im hoping someone can help me with.when starting a new game and during play the ball trough constantly ejects even with no ball ready,on start up it quickly loads all the balls at once.2nd problem started tonight in the #5 vertical upkicker( to the right of planatir)lost the ability to eject the ball hard enough to keep it in play and will eventually stack up all the balls there.I new this would be a game that requires attention from time to time to keep it crisp,any suggestions?

Check your trough boards in test mode. Do they register? That's likely your issue.

For the vuk, might be a bad coil, bad connection, as noted, or clean the coil sleeve.

4 weeks later
#583 8 years ago

Developed an undercabinet light kit for LOTR, came out very nice. It's customizable so you can decide which flasher drives what color, red, green or blue. In my game, I hooked red to the pop, blue to the dtr flasher and green to the flasher in the ring so it fires every time the spinner is it.

Here's a video...

$65 shipped.

www.lermods.com

1 week later
#604 8 years ago

Made the path of the dead mod. Used slow color changing LEDs from Comet. If only those damn figures weren't so expensive! Looks better in person, really like the way it turned out.

#610 8 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Were you the one who bid $120 on eBay for them?

Uh, no. Somebody must be pretty desperate for them to pay that much for them.

2 months later
#789 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Something for everyone with Hobbit and LOTR.
Any tips of brightening up the LOTR play field? This game is on the dark side for sure

Trough light..

20160215_152930_(resized).jpg20160215_152930_(resized).jpg

#791 7 years ago

Side mirrors help a lot too.

2 months later
#964 7 years ago

I always thought the gif of the elves shot should be lit where its actually collected at the tower so i made this simple mod to do. Mod ties into the insert so the tower shot lights when the insert is lit.

20160828_135759 (resized).jpg20160828_135759 (resized).jpg

20160828_135737 (resized).jpg20160828_135737 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1062 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

can you guys make the ring shot from the right flipper easily?

Yes. Make sure your spinner is aligned properly. Could be slowing the ball down.

#1068 7 years ago

Pinball life's upgraded coils are too strong. I had them and had to take them off. The ball was flying off the left ramp and I was getting worried stuff was going to break. Look at your flipper mechs, something isn't set right if you can't make the shots. As noted, clean or change the sleeves, check the eos gap and the spring and make sure your solder connections are good.

If someone want my upgraded coils, $20 shipped.

#1070 7 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Same here, however the original coils fade as they heat up with long play. What did you go with??

I went back to my original stock coils. Honestly, I have no problems with them, even after 30-40 minute games. I don't hold flippers up much.

#1079 7 years ago

Goggle it, there is a fix. Can't remember off hand, might need to bend wire form or adjust its position slightly. Look where it's hitting the wire form and adjust as needed.

#1088 7 years ago

First thing i would do is clean or replace the coil sleeves. Second is to make sure the springs are in good order. Third is to make sure your eos switches are gapped properly. When the flipper is at the top of the stroke, it opens the eos switch. Make sure that opening on your weak flipper is the same as it is on the strong flipper. If not, adjust it or replace it. Lastly, make sure the plunger mechanism is operating freely amd your brackets are all secure. Not much else to it. You can also check/clean the switch at the flipper button.

2 weeks later
#1135 7 years ago

You didnt break the leads on the coil windings did you? Test resistance across the coil lugs and make sure you get a reading. Meter in ohms.

Check your fuses under pf and on the board with a meter.

3 weeks later
#1186 7 years ago
Quoted from Timmah:

I rebuilt the flippers on my LOTR (keeping the presumably original coils) and now they are really just stupid powerful - problematically so, even. In particular, shots up the Legolas ramp from the right flipper tend to go flying off the rails just past the spinner about 70% of the time, with tons of glass-smacking air-balls.
Is it possible I have a flipper alignment issue? I had the flippers dead-centered pointing at the holes and advancing them slightly from there seems to have reduced the problem somewhat, but that doesn't seem to look right to me (seems to play fine, though).
There are the flipper settings in the menu - presumably I could use those to de-tune a little bit, I guess... any other suggestions?

What coils are you using? They may be the upgraded ones.

1 month later
#1245 7 years ago

Modified back box, tube replaced with led strips, eye flashes when tower shot is hit. Color changers. hard backbox to mod as its a pretty dark translite, but still much more vivid than with the tube.

3 weeks later
#1316 7 years ago

I only have three, put color changing leds in them.

1 month later
#1435 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

If two balls ever get stuck in the ring magnet, turn the game off immediately. If you don't you will blow a fuse and maybe worse, a transistor. That's why some people go into the settings and change DTR to single ball, to alleviate the risk. Sounds to me like you have zero problem with your magnet. Seems more like a lack of flipper power. Rebuild your flippers if you have not. Check to make sure your game is not set up too steep. And make sure the playfield is clean. I do not recommend the PBL stronger flipper coils as you may experience broken plastics like I did.

Make sure your spinner is set right, if not it will slow the ball down. It needs to be set so the bottom is tilting back.

4 months later
#1652 6 years ago

Trough opto board failing.

#1654 6 years ago
Quoted from DatNoobAdam:

If it doesn't do it all the time, but seems to do it only when it doesn't kick the ball all the way up smoothly the same time and comes back down into the trough. Would that still be the opto? It seems to be working good looking in on it.

That wouldn't sound like an opto issue and more like a misaligned/loose trough or coil.

2 months later
#1875 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Replaced the fluorescent tube in my backbox with an LED backboard using 3528 60 leds/m cool white & yellow LEDs, wired to the 12VDC accessory circuit near the coin box. Backbox looks so much better, more natural and even!!! My iPhone makes it much more blue looking than it is.

Nice work! We have a version with RGBs and a flasher in the eye so that it goes off when the flasher in the tower goes off. The tube in the back is cheap crap, adding custom. LEDs makes the translight really pop. Lots of labor involved!

3 weeks later
#1984 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Went to the Pinball Life part yesterday at Expo... great event and a fun time.
Also picked up one of these middle ring ramps that had been unavailable for quite some time. I know a few others had been looking for this part… So thought I would alert the club.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4723

They also had the hard to find fork switches so I picked a few of those up at the party too.

3 weeks later
#1999 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

So, I bought a 2003 LOTR a couple of months ago and decided to do a bit of a restoration job on it....
-Installed full cabinet decals
-Full brass armour
-Re-painted the inside of the cab black
-POTD mod
-Installed Comet LED kit with LED OCD board
-And a few other things
It turned out great! I'm very happy with the result.
There are a few issues however. When I first got the game it would do a ball search on start-up every single time. Also it wouldn't register drains and kick two balls into the shooter lane about 50% of the time. Did some research and found that it could be the optos or another switch on the ball trough that went bad. Anyways, I decided to buy the entire trough assembly from Marco because I have no patience and figured it would be easier to just swap the entire thing out...problem solved. I finally get everything back together a couple of days ago and right off the bat...ball search on start-up. I was thinking that maybe this is what 'older' Sterns did since I only have experience with their newer games. Played a few games and I'd see a message once in a while on the DMD saying that a ball is missing and now I'm getting two balls kicked into the shooter lane from time to time. It's basically the same issue I was having before....nothing has changed. I'll have a game here and there where there are no problems at all so it's not consistent with every game. The one constant though is the ball search on start-up. That happens 100% of the time.
Any thoughts?

Can you confirm that you have the correct number of balls in the game, should be 4.

2 months later
#2419 6 years ago

Owned this game 6 years I think, just had my best game.

Completed TABA, I had Gollum mb running the entire time with TABA going so all shots doubled!
had two chances to destroy the ring, but drained on the sides both times...ugh.
had all of the gifts lit except one, but the last one was flashing and I couldn’t hit the tower shot
killed balrog!

Wound up with a score of 206 mil, my high is 238, but this is the farthest I’ve progressed...valinor remains very illusiivd, but I’m getting closer. I play 3 ball, factory outlines and settings. I do have an extra ball awarded at 25 mil for family to achieve.

I just installed a color dmd and this was literally the first game on it. Amazing display, lcd on hires.

#2421 6 years ago

I like the cartoon look of the hires. I put one in tspp the other day, really sharp.

#2424 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

First, congrats on having a great game! I love when that happens.
However, I’m going to get a bit particular about the rules. Gollum doubles and halves depending which personality he is at the time. And it switches back and forth. So you didn’t double TABA, you 1.25x TABA unless you timed up your shots.
When you start it, it’s Gollum, and all the shots are doubled. Then 7 seconds later, Smeagol shows up and your scores are halved. You can hear the sound calls and see it on the DMD when it switches. It’s a crazy scoring that works out to be 1.25X if you score the same in both sides. So if you wait for Smeagol to leave and Gollum to show, then make the shot, it’s doubled.
Sorry to nitpick it. It’s just another side of LOTR that makes it exquisite.

Sorry, I knew someone was going to point that out. Most shots were doubling, 2 million each. I had a lot of time on tABA from completing most of the modes, including witch king for the first time ever, and kept the mb going for most of it.

1 month later
#2560 6 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

So I replaced this switch with the Star Trek one. It passed the switch test, by now the gimli coil sets of a malfunction. It pumps up several times.
What did it do? Reverse wires? Only reconnected wires to the switch. Didn’t pay attention to that, by figured If passed the switch test it was fine.
Help.

Did you test switch with coin door open? That kills power to coils. Sounds like wires are reversed or diode on backwards.

#2563 6 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Just had the wires the wrong way. Needed to adjust the switch a bit so it would trigger better, but I believe I have it back to normal.....thanks to you all.
Now I have to figure out if I can replace inserts with LED without getting any ghosting...looking like no after I replaced 3 green ones (2 outer lanes) and the green lock light.

Lotr is bad with ghosting. Get an led ocd board and it will solve that problem.

#2569 6 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Is it okay with just the Ocd board?

Yes, gi is fine as it is, at least for me. It’s the inserts that have issues.

1 week later
#2634 6 years ago
Quoted from HughesDForce:

Do any of you have tips for aiming/aligning the Ring ramp? Most of the Ring shots on my game bounce out, and multiple attempts at adjusting the ramp haven't improved things.

Check to make sure you spinner is aligned properly. The bottom of the spinner should be tilting back.

2 weeks later
#2661 6 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Again with the Gimli VUK Switch topic haha:
My super low plays LOTR LE has an intermittent gimli switch. Maybe 60% of the time it registers but otherwise can sit in there with no response. I'm guessing the micro switch is fine(but maybe not?). I have a spare switch. But would rather adjust the fork actuator and save $10 if I can. Anybody had luck with adjusting the original actuator?

certainly worth a try. Didn't work for me and I had to replace the switch.

#2663 6 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Is there a trick to adjusting an actuator like this? I always seem to do more harm than good trying to adjust actuators.

yes, hold the switch in the closed position (pushed down) and bend the end of the switch up with needle-nose pliers.

#2683 6 years ago

I had the stronger coils on for a while, I wasn't getting airballs, but the ball moves much faster. I decided to go back to stock because I preferred the softer feel. I really don't have any issues making shots, even after long games, with the stock coils.

I still have a pair of the stronger coils if anyone is interested in them, $20 shipped in US. They don't have more than 30 games on them.

1 week later
#2750 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Ok, so I am working on a much better alternative to Mt. Doom than just the stock decal image on the backboard (it's been driving me crazy for years). I have the design mostly done, but am looking for a 5v or 12v (5v preferred) connection that is constantly on (not tied into GI) and common to Whitestar.
I can tie into a GI lamp on the backboard really easily using a Matrix connector, but the mod is MUCH cooler with the glow of lava always on. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think there is an available 3-pin Molex 12v connector near the coin door that is common. Is there a 5v connector somewhere that is commonly available on a a stock LotR?
I'd love to make these available but I am really struggling with the wiring harness I should make.
Any help would be appreciated!

As delta9 stated, the coin door plug has 5v and 12v. 5v is in the middle of that plug. Let me know if you need help with the connector.

1 week later
#2807 5 years ago

Tspp is the best theme integration of any game ever made and I don’t think there is anything with a deeper and broader rule set. Lotr comes close, though. If it were me, I’d buy whichever theme you liked best. These are by far the best two games stern ever made.

#2857 5 years ago
Quoted from C_S_S:

What have people used to keep the staff in Gandalf’s hand?

You can use a drop of hot glue or crazy glue if it won't stay.

1 month later
#3132 5 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Looking for some tips on adjusting the ring spinner. Is this hanging ideally? Or should it be leaning forward more like "/"
To remove this and adjust the wire as it catches in one position on the microswitch do I just use pliers and bend the smaller section out? Was planning on using some oil on the metal arms to improve spin as well. Any other tips?

Yes, should lean /

No oil needed. Just bend it so it leans forward.

3 weeks later
#3175 5 years ago
Quoted from jchybro:

Going to troubleshoot next weekend: the eject from the trough to the shooter lane sometimes takes 2 to 4 times before the ball ends up coming out. Has anyone seen this? Seems like it's just going to be an adjustment to the coil angle unless i'm missing something??? Any guidance is appreciated.

Make sure though is clear, seen bulbs come out of spots and find their way in bottom of trough. Make sure coil is tight too.

1 month later
#3285 5 years ago

Same as mine.

Quoted from Damien:

Wondering if someone can take a quick look at their game, and confirm if the speaker wires are the same as it my photos.
My TSPP has the black striped wires going to "+".
Would really appreciate any help on this.
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#3287 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So you have black striped wires going to "+"?
Do you know if reversing the polarity (as I had done unknowingly) could have caused something to go on the CPU/sound board?

Yes, black stripe is positive. It shouldnt do any damage if you reversed them, it just won't work. The signal is going out to the sub, not flowing back in.

1 week later
#3328 5 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Looking for some tips - I'm about to swap out the RAM for NVRAM but looking at the existing chip on the board I don't see any notch. Is it marked underneath at all? Any other way to determine which way round to install the new chip?
Also any general tips so I don't mess anything up? I was planning to try prying the old chip out with a flathead screwdriver against the socket.
Thanks!

there should be a notch on the chip and there is a notch on the diagram on the board.

#3342 5 years ago

Topper, backlit blue, fireballs on the sides, color changing orb in the center and two orange flasher strips on the bottom tied to the eye flasher at the tower.

10Lx8Wx9.5h.

20181003_173602 (resized).jpg20181003_173602 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#3855 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Ok, installed the shaker in my non LE LOTR following the directions here:
http://homepinballrepair.com/index.php/install-a-shaker-on-a-lord-of-the-rings-lotr-pinball-machine/
Fairly straight forward, new PAL, new 10.02 rom, piggy back the red/white wire, and hook up #5 on the J9. All that but no shaking still. what solenoid is the shaker? #24 "optional"?

I would check step 18 in the link you provided and make sure that wire is seated in the connector properly. You can use a meter and a paper clip to check it from the connector back to wherever it goes.

#3860 5 years ago

Mine shook the most when you hit balrog.

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

True story, it was working the entire time. It's just so weak, I couldn't feel it. My sub shakes the game more than the shaker does. Once Lamprey posted the solenoid, I could finally test it.
I used the PBL shaker as I do in all my games. This might be one case where the red tremor might have paid off assuming it's stronger like it is in all the other pins.

#3872 5 years ago

I have a set of the path of the dead figures. They are about $60 on eBay. I'm not greedy, make me a reasonable offer if you are interested.

IMG_20190225_195054 (resized).jpgIMG_20190225_195054 (resized).jpg
#3876 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have a set of the path of the dead figures. They are about $60 on eBay. I'm not greedy, make me a reasonable offer if you are interested.
[quoted image]

Sold.

1 week later
2 months later
#4365 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Does anyone have the instructions to installing the Lermods Lighted Gandalf Staff? They are not on the website and Lermods has not yet responded to my inquiry.

PM sent

2 months later
#4711 4 years ago

Hey everyone, if anyone is interested in having a shaker for their game, please let me know. No pal chip or rom upgrade needed, fully customizable, you pick the solenoids or flashers (up to 8 triggers at a time) to trigger the motor. And, it doesn’t draw power from the game, comes with its own power supply that turns on and off with the game. It’s all plug and play and has a nice low rumble, no high pitches vibration like some motors I’ve seen.

4 weeks later
#4870 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Hi everyone,
i installed a shaker kit into my LOTR LE today but the shaker isn't working, does this need to be turned on in the menue settings somewhere or is there a way that I can test it. The shaker kit is from pinball life.
cheers
Trevor

Have you upgraded the rom chip and pal chip?

1 month later
#5124 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

When is the shaker activated?
I'm guessing at least:
* Balrog comes out and balrog hits
* selectively in DTR?
* When Barad Dur leans
Debating putting one in my LE but have never played one with a shaker in it

I would not put the standard shaker in, it’s very limited. We offer a shaker setup made by Pinshakers where you can choose your own triggers and set the intensity. You can choose up to 16 triggers (8 at one time) based on flashers or solenoids. No extra chips or software upgrade needed and it runs off its own power supply. I have one in my tspp, works great.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilliamsbally-wpc-full-shaker-motor-kit

You can see the triggers here: http://www.pinshakers.com/docs/sterndipsettings.pdf

#5126 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

The standard shaker is perfect IMO.

I had the standard in my game and it was good, it's just a bit of work to gather it all up, and there was no other choice. This new kit is much easier, works better, doesn't draw power from the game and is more customizable. And service from Pinshakers is top notch.

#5135 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I have the shaker from pinball life. It uses the exact same setup as the LOTR LE. Aka game code based. I don't see much point of using anything else in a game it was literally designed for and works perfectly. My .02

I can’t recall, but what are the code-based triggers? Balrog hits I believe, what else?

#5142 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

The Barad-dur shot and the multiball starts trigger the shaker for instance.
As for the pinshaker kits, I just feel that those are best utilized on games that were not designed to accept shakers. I plan on getting either those or the new pinsound shaker kits for my BSD and Shadow. Stick with the intended setup for games that have the shaker coded in IMO.

Totally fair point. It can be intimidating for some people to replace microchips on circuit boards and punching wires into connectors, which is required for nonLE lotr games. For those people, a Pinshaker might be a good option.

4 weeks later
#5342 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

I was looking at the manual and it lists a 455 blinking bulb, but not it’s location...
Anybody know?
Thanks!
BobC

Start button

3 weeks later
#5438 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Who makes the best interactive back box kit for lord of the rings?

I don’t know whose is better, but here’s ours. It’s not the interactive version, but for an extra $10, we can add flasher integration.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Flord-of-the-rings-pinball-led-strip-backbox-light-kit

2 weeks later
#5472 4 years ago
Quoted from Metroshica:

This is going to sound like a dumb question but what do those batteries actually do? When I bought the machine, the holder was empty so I thought it would be a good idea to put some batteries in it. I had assumed it was for storing high scores and settings but it stored them fine without the batteries in it in the first place. I haven't taken them out since so I don't know if it will wipe it.

Your game likely already has nvram installed. Take your batteries out and leave them out.

3 months later
#5885 4 years ago

Here’s our lighted interactive staff...it’s not $14, but it’s still pretty reasonable. We use a blue led, stands out better against the background. It interacts with the Gandalf insert, or can be lit all the time.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/lord-of-the-rings-pinball-illuminated-gandalf-staff-mod

4892735C-3471-444F-BB1E-C33DD13494F9 (resized).jpeg4892735C-3471-444F-BB1E-C33DD13494F9 (resized).jpeg
6 months later
#6542 3 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Hi, to install a shaker on an original LOTR what do you guys advice? Going the original update way ( can be found in pinballlife as the Lord of the Rings Complete Shaker Kit ) or the pinsound approach ( ? Do both shake at the same moment ? )

Check out the pinshaker option, it’s nice. Have it on my tspp.

3 weeks later
#6589 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

What version is this running? Upgrading to 10.2 and adding shaker, do I need the whole package?
[quoted image][quoted image]

You dont need to replace the sound roms, just the game and display plus the pal chip.

3 months later
#6921 3 years ago
Quoted from davidsprague:

Looking for advice on back box led kits for LOTR. There seem to quite a few, some interactive and some static. I prefer interactive but it is a bit hard to figure out what is the best from the random videos that sellers post.
So far I know of Flipper Fidelity, Mezelmods, Lermods, Cointaker, Pinballdecals and Pinballbulbs. Very difficult to make a decision having not seen any in person so looking for opinions from those who have seen them. Thanks!

There is a video of ours on our website: The eye flashes with the tower flasher (or another flasher if you choose) and we include color changing RGB strips to accent the details. If you look all around the edges, you can see it's all lit up very well, unlike the stock tube light.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/lord-of-the-rings-pinball-led-strip-backbox-light-kit

#6928 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Hi all. Got a strange situation going on right now. I'm selling a undocumented HUO LOTR. Fella who sold it to me, claimed he bought it from Gilchrist Games back in the day, NIB where it stayed in their cottage until last year.
I fully believed the guy as it had the hasp and bar on the pin as well as a full unopened set of plastics amongst other things that tell me the guy's story is legit.
So now I'm selling it, and when I explained the hasp and bar over the front of the cab, people are calling into doubt how this proves it was HUO and not routed.
(I'm finally getting to it!) I would never intentionally mislead anyone, and I was just going by what I remember from learning when I first got into the hobby. Did LOTR ship with that security hatch installed from factory just as B/W's did back in the day? Or am I completely out to lunch?

That’s not from the factory. Never seen a modern stern come that way or even have a factory option for it.

2 years later
#9870 4 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Positive goes to the non-banded side of the diode. Worst you could do would be to blow the diode. The diode is only there to protect the circuit board from the current induced by the collapsing magnetic field. Just connect the battery momentarily. I would think if you left it connected for very long that battery could get really hot.

Are you sure about that? I believe the banded side is the positive side.

Quoted from matt68061:

Think I could get by with a 12v wall wart? Its a 50v magnet correct?
Also, before I cause more damage…better verify…
Its got the diode in it… which side to positive?[quoted image]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 7.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 18.95
$ 25.00
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 39.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.